HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Discussion
Walkera V450D01 Settings... Change motor - DO NOT RISE!

Hi!

I'm having troubles with my Walkera V450D01.. here we go:

Yesterday I replaced the brushless motor from an original new one.

Everything has been connected as it was the first default motor but the heli does not rise up!

Also I have to say I reset the WK 2801 PRO transmitter...

Seems the heli wants to rise down! The brushless motor reaches the maximum power but does not rises and sometimes seems to shake itself.

Please somebody might help me? I do not know what to do
xicubiruei is offline Find More Posts by xicubiruei
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:27 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
It seems like you've accidently changed the pitch angle in the tx to reverse.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
How do I change that? I am actually a little bit lost among so much confusion..
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:04 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,101 Posts
Is the rotor turning in the same direction? Reversing any 2 of the motor leads will cause the motor to reverse. Recommend some reading. FAQs 102 will lead you out of that confusion maze and explain what is doing what and why. Click on the preview link and read the reviews - I didn't write them - I only wrote the book.
CaptJac is online now Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
Is the rotor turning in the same direction? Reversing any 2 of the motor leads will cause the motor to reverse. Recommend some reading. FAQs 102 will lead you out of that confusion maze and explain what is doing what and why. Click on the preview link and read the reviews - I didn't write them - I only wrote the book.
Hi!

The motor is connected in the right direction (I already tried to change the motor leads and was not working properly)

Seems that has to be something of the Pitch Curve.... :x
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:22 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
if my memory is correct, the WK-2601 is similar to the WK-2603 I have for my 4F200LM.

It's in the PIT settings (not the PIT/PLT) check in the manual how to get into it and check to see if it's on NOR or REV, if it's one or the other, change it, then test spin it up to see if it gets light on the skids.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
if my memory is correct, the WK-2601 is similar to the WK-2603 I have for my 4F200LM.

It's in the PIT settings (not the PIT/PLT) check in the manual how to get into it and check to see if it's on NOR or REV, if it's one or the other, change it, then test spin it up to see if it gets light on the skids.
It's a WK 2801-PRO!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:41 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
...can't help you then, sorry.

Read the manual, you've obviously changed something and once you find it, it will be an easy fix.

As long as you haven't changed anything on the heli, other than the motor, it should logically be no different than before.

if the heli won't take off on full throttle, and it wants to push down, the pitch angle has been changed.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
...can't help you then, sorry.

Read the manual, you've obviously changed something and once you find it, it will be an easy fix.

As long as you haven't changed anything on the heli, other than the motor, it should logically be no different than before.

if the heli won't take off on full throttle, and it wants to push down, the pitch angle has been changed.
I will check the Transmitter properly cause as I told before... I also reset the transmitter... Maybe one of those parameters has changed :\
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
If you have reset the TX then its quite possible that the pitch channel has reverted to Normal direction wheras before it may have been reversed.
I know its closing the gate after the horse has bolted but, before tinkering with settings (especially a TX reset) it's good practice to make a note of the settings.
I have a little notebook with each Heli that I make notes of any changes I make. It makes it much easier to revert back to a known good setup if things go wrong
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Finally the problem was coming from the transmitter, I just copied a setup from another transmitter but still problems for stabilization.

Might anyone tell me his settings for the best stabilitzation?

Thanks!
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Congrats...

What do you mean by "best stabilization". It won't fly itself, it wasn't designed to, that's the point.

YOU have to fly it...
Old Apr 04, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Congrats...

What do you mean by "best stabilization". It won't fly itself, it wasn't designed to, that's the point.

YOU have to fly it...
I mean, the best parameters to get it stable... Now seems it wants to rise but the controls are unestable...
Old Apr 04, 2012, 04:24 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
I still don't fully understand what you mean.

If the controls are too touchy, use the dual rate switch, which limits the servo arm movements, which will make the heli not move as quickly.

Since you have a 6ch Collective pitch heli, if you want to get it into a hover, you have to make it hover, it will not automatically hover by itself.

If on take off, it want's to lean over to the right and shoot off backwards, it's the nature of the beast, they all do it, you have to know how it will move on take off and compensate by controlling the sticks to counter it's movements. Small movements on the sticks will give you the best results, remember, if you make big stick movements, the heli will make big movements.

Flying a rc helicopter is about you controlling it, not it controlling you. As soon as you think you are loosing control, try to set it back down on the ground, take a big breath and regain your composure and start again.

If you find it crashes too much on take off, purchase a set of training legs and strap them to the landing skids, they will help if you are slightly off centre on take off and assist you if the heli wants to lean over and allow the blades to hit the ground either on take off of landing. The ideal thing is to get the heli off the ground as quickly as possible, preferably about 1 metre from the ground, get it into a hover, then try to get it to go where you want it to, slowly. Once you have done that for quite while, your confidence will grow, and you will be more at ease with flying it. You will anticipate what the heli wants to do, and you'll already be on it, telling it not to do it, via the transmitter controls.

Think of the heli as an untrained dog, you want it to do something, and it wants to do it's own thing. You have it easier than training a dog, because the heli can understand you, you just have to know when and what to tell it to do, knowing that it wants to do something different.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
It sounds like you bought this heli used and have no experience. If, so you have to go through it and insure it's set up correctly. You can't assume it came that way. You must make sure all of your screws are tight, your head is free to travel up and down, the tail slider moves freely, etc, etc. But, first you want to insure your swashplate is level and your servo arms are at right angles, with the transmitter turned on, batteries connected and motor disconnected. Once you have made sure the swashplate is level, move your sticks and watch for servo travel and swashplate movement.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14