SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:39 PM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
Thanks guys for all the speedy replies, I just had a tinker with the TX took the back off to see about this throttle stick not reaching low throttle, didn't seem to be a problem with the casing, anyhow I put it back together switched it on without the battery cover on and swizelled the batteries about and after a few moments it worked with solid LED!! I think it maybe a dodgy battery conection.
Just had first flight, very short battery run isn't it. I'm a plank flyer normally so found this little sortie into heli's enjoyable, but very sloooooowwwww! The TX stick needs full direction to go anywhere not what I'm used to.
I may have to get something quicker, more responsive I think!
Cheers again, any idea's on a step up model?
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:03 PM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
A few more flights, hey this is great fun, I'm hooked I think. Pity you can't change bats.
I already know where this is going to lead. Poverty . . . again
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:42 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
A few more flights, hey this is great fun, I'm hooked I think. Pity you can't change bats.
Geeez, another heli junkie.

Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:37 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Hello, my name is John, I am a heli addict

Quote:
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:58 AM
Joined May 2010
151 Posts
Quote:
Just remember to keep the first few flights short, say 3 mins max while giving the batteries ample time to cool both after flying and after charging.

Karol
Karolh is offline Find More Posts by Karolh
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
just got mine in blue in the mail yesterday from amazon.

I charged it up and got it trimmed right so that when its running on the ground it doesnt rotate anymore in a circle.

the problem I'm having is that when I go to lift off it always drifts off to the right.

very frustrating. it just wont hover in place.

I read online about shafts bending so I pulled the blades and outer shafts off and checked them and eyeballed the main inner shaft and they all seem straight to me.

I had the canopy off and moved the battery around in the front and even stuck it on the side of the copter and it would still drift off to the side.

I read about these things not liking moving air and I had my two ceiling fans on so I turned them off and it still is doing it??

I'll take video of it this afternoon and post it so you guys can see better but hoping to get some ideas before then.

also, I know it has a full charge because I got frustrated to the point I just gunned the throttle and it shot straight up and bounced off the ceiling lol.
stackz is offline Find More Posts by stackz
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:40 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Are you flying it low to the ground?
Or is it drifting at all times? If you get it 5 feet of more above the ground does it still drift?
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
I cant get it higher than a couple inches off the ground. most of the time when I start to lift off where there isnt pressure on the landing skids anymore...it'll just shoot off to the right while skidding on the hardwood floor and into the corner or furniture or my leg lol.

it does similar to this video (not my video!) but it doesnt go in all those directions...just the same direction all the time.

I'm only giving it maybe half throttle when its doing this unlike the guy in the video giving it full throttle. if I give it full throttle it shoots right up to the ceiling and bumps the ceiling. if I give somewhere in the middle (like 3/4 throttle) it shoots off the ground with a beeline to the right and normally bounces off the wall.

Syma S107 G : Failure of RC Helicopter (4 min 17 sec)
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:48 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Try taking off from a height of 5 feet of so. Let it go from your hand, not from the floor.
See if the issue is still there.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:50 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
@Stackz, Stamp is right. When I first tried to fly these helicopters, I was very careful, and I wanted to keep them close to the ground. However, all the air turbulence it generated against the ground and every near it, made it that more difficult to keep it hover in place. Try flying it in a wider and more open area and see how it hovers.

The other thing that I would like to suggest is to check whether the surface your helicopter is taking off from, is perfectly horizontal. I found that if it is not horizontal, that means your helicopter will not go straight up, and it will slide as soon as it lifts off. Check by turning the heading by 180 degrees and see if it is still drifting to the same side.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Another thing, Stackz, open up the canopy and check if the battery is mounted correctly. My buddy's S107 was sliding because the battery has fallen out of the slot and was leaning on one side, causing the heli to tilt side way just enough. So, check that out also. Good luck.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
very first surface it went from was my kitchen counter which I know is perfectly level as one of my carpenter friends designed the kitchen and I watched him level it out.

I also tried getting it to take off from my hand last night (started surfing youtube videos the second I was having problems as youtube is what convinced me to get it in the first place lol) and it flew into my chest

like I said, I'll get some video this afternoon (should be interesting holding my camera and the controls...and possibly the copter as well all at the same time) to show my issue.

I came up with another idea reading through the comments on the video I just posted but I'll wait until I confirm it first this afternoon. god I hope its as stupid and simple as what I think it is haha.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
I had the canopy off and moved the battery around in the front and even stuck it on the side of the copter and it would still drift off to the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Another thing, Stackz, open up the canopy and check if the battery is mounted correctly. My buddy's S107 was sliding because the battery has fallen out of the slot and was leaning on one side, causing the heli to tilt side way just enough. So, check that out also. Good luck.
as stated. doesnt matter where I have the battery for this issue apparently. the tape it sits in is nice and tight. was funny watching it slide with the battery taped on the side of the body
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Oops. I missed reading that. Apparently, you've already got that part covered. Let us know if you found something. Perhaps, I could learn from it.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
stackz, is the flybar moving freely? are the links, or "dogbones", on correctly? You could try popping them off and back on to make sure one isnt pushed in over the ball.

also, are both of the flybar weights in there?
okstumbler is offline Find More Posts by okstumbler