SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Discussion
Night hawk 250 cf frame key points

NIGHT HAWK 250 CF FRAME (KEY POINTS)

A great deal of careful thought has gone into the design of Best Hobby Mallí»s NIGHT HAWK 250 CARBON FIBER FRAME. Our experienced engineers have studied other similar products, noting their deficiencies and adding to their strengths to bring our customers the best possible solution. Below are listed 7 key points detailing exactly why our Carbon Fiber quad frame is superior in its class.

1. In order to prevent damage to the aircraft during flight, we use hybrid mixed carbon fiber panels, ensuring the frame strength while reducing its weight.

2. The motor mounting arms are composed of thick 5mm mixed carbon fiber panels. We have conducted tests to ensure that the connected strength between the motor and frame is excellent, maintaining a rigid frame structure during flight. This greatly reduces the effects of warping and also vibration transmitted to the flight controller and camera.

3. Taking into consideration that many customers use different flight controllers, we increased the motor pitch on this frame to 280mm in order to reserve enough space for the installation of the flight controller, receiver, FPV equipment, camera, GPS, etc. Not only is there ample space for small flight controllers such as APM, MWC, KK, CC3D, but also the DJI Naza series (which requires more space) can be installed.

4. At the front of the frame we reserved a space for installing the FPV camera and video camera separately, using 4 shock absorption balls to reduce the vibration to the video camera. In addition, the shock absorption balls also help ensure the safety of camera in the event of a crash.

5. We use CNC machining for precision cutting of the frame pieces. This process ensures the accuracy of the plate holes, which in turn increases overall frame strength at various points of connection.

6. For the aluminum posts, we use quality anodized aluminum materials. Strong and beautiful, these are available in red, green and blue.

7. All the screws and self-locking nuts are selected from 304 stainless steel to prevent rust. The nylon inserts inside the self-locking nuts prevent them from coming off due to either vibration or impact. For the 5mm motor mount plate thickness, we provide our customers 16pcs of M2*8mm screws for motor mounting. Moreover, we also provide in our accessory package an additional screw for several different sizes, in case a spare is needed in the future.

We have engineered the NIGHT HAWK 250 CF FRAME to provide our customers with the absolute best in strength, durability, precision and light weight. It is our intention that the customer experience not only the thrill of RC flight, but also a satisfaction that comes with the purchase of a solid, quality product.
BestHobbyMall is offline Find More Posts by BestHobbyMall
Last edited by BestHobbyMall; Jul 22, 2014 at 09:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:04 PM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
The weight is 185g?
yaronrez is online now Find More Posts by yaronrez
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:10 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Yes, well 184g to be exact...and that's slightly higher than what some people want. BUT, in order to reduce the cost we had to create a CF/glass mix, which is still very durable.

How many other CF frames are priced so low? Ours is about $100 less than all the others.

$39.99 with FREE SHIPPING is a great deal for most people.

Before, there weren't any affordable options. Now, there is one: the Night Hawk 250 at www.BestHobbyMall.com
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:12 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Please have a look at the RTF photos above. You can still load up the Night Hawk 250 with all the necessary gear, and it flies just fine.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:56 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2014
9 Posts
is it possible to buy only the arms?
im asking cuz i will break them
Ran_kd is offline Find More Posts by Ran_kd
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:25 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Trust me, they're not going to break. We don't sell the arms separately.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:18 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2010
306 Posts
will Sunnysky 2204 motors fit?
vstanman is online now Find More Posts by vstanman
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:36 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Our engineers have designed the arm motor mounts of the Night Hawk 250 to be able to acommodate all the major brushless motor brands including Sunnysky, Emax, and Tiger Motor, among others. However, depending on the motor, you may need longer or shorter screws.

Hope that was helpful!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2010
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestHobbyMall View Post
Our engineers have designed the arm motor mounts of the Night Hawk 250 to be able to acommodate all the major brushless motor brands including Sunnysky, Emax, and Tiger Motor, among others. However, depending on the motor, you may need longer or shorter screws.

Hope that was helpful!
sweet. sunnyskys hve 3mm bolts, but I already have ordered and took the DHL route, i hope it gets fast here in Sydney. Hope to do some flying video with it like what I do with my BO and XJR minis
Old Aug 04, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Sir, I believe your Sunnysky 2204 motors are intended for airplanes, not multirotors. Most airplane motors of this size have 3mm holes. Our Night Hawk 250 frame is to be used with multirotor micro motors, not airplane motors, and thus have 2mm holes to attach the motors to. Sunnysky micro motors (ex. 1806, 1804) should have 2mm holes for 2mm screws.

I hope this clarifies things.
Old Aug 04, 2014, 11:30 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2010
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestHobbyMall View Post
Sir, I believe your Sunnysky 2204 motors are intended for airplanes, not multirotors. Most airplane motors of this size have 3mm holes. Our Night Hawk 250 frame is to be used with multirotor micro motors, not airplane motors, and thus have 2mm holes to attach the motors to. Sunnysky micro motors (ex. 1806, 1804) should have 2mm holes for 2mm screws.

I hope this clarifies things.
received the frame yesterday and yes sunnksky 2204 2300kv motors have 3mm bolt holes and will not fit the arms. I suggest that you make provisions or modify the arms to accept the Sunnysky 2204s as they are one of the most in demand mini multirotor motor in the market today, in fact they was a shortage of it about a mount ago as everybody want them, Cobra motors are also hot at the moment and they have the same bolt size and bolt pattern as the Sunnyskys.

Old Aug 06, 2014, 03:08 AM
avt
Hell Flyer
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstanman View Post
received the frame yesterday and yes sunnksky 2204 2300kv motors have 3mm bolt holes and will not fit the arms. I suggest that you make provisions or modify the arms to accept the Sunnysky 2204s as they are one of the most in demand mini multirotor motor in the market today, in fact they was a shortage of it about a mount ago as everybody want them, Cobra motors are also hot at the moment and they have the same bolt size and bolt pattern as the Sunnyskys.
+1000
It's a very bad call not to allow motors such as the Sunnysky x2204 or Cobras.
Yes, modifications can be made by users, but it's something that should be made during production.
avt is offline Find More Posts by avt
Old Aug 08, 2014, 09:27 AM
Spain, Zafra
Joined Feb 2014
25 Posts
I just ordered one as I can choose the color of the aluminum posts

Tjchispas is offline Find More Posts by Tjchispas
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:20 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Here's the link for The Night Hawk Build Video:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hawk+250+build

All questions and comments are welcome!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:32 PM
Joined Jul 2014
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt View Post
+1000
It's a very bad call not to allow motors such as the Sunnysky x2204 or Cobras.
Yes, modifications can be made by users, but it's something that should be made during production.
The Night Hawk frame was built especially for the 1806 and 1804 motors, which use a 2mm screw. Since the popularity of the 2200 series mini motors (which use a 3mm screw) is rising, we are working on a solution for this.