SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2014, 03:26 PM
Joined Apr 2014
213 Posts
But Im powering the mainboard and servos off the bec on a xp7a with 1A output. Tail motor alone would fry it.
The only way to do this, would be to go back to using the Plush 10A with its mighty 2A output to power the 1s tail esc. And power the board and servos off of a third esc, used only for its bec. Xp7a cause its light. Think I'll do this if it saves me $35 for a new tail motor. Xp7a shouldnt weigh significantly more than a stepdown converter.
Im just worried for the mainboard having to support an extra 10 grams which in case of a crash can turn to 50...100 grams depending on speed...not very good.
Oh well...
Hugo Stiglitz is online now Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:33 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
70 Posts
Sooo, is KZ Alaska the only place online to stock up on o-rings?
My first 1S brushless conversion is in serious need of "slop-stop"

The sets they sell seem great but I would like to get some douzins of those rings instead...
homeless is online now Find More Posts by homeless
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:17 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,468 Posts
This is where I got mine and shipping was quite fast and very resonable http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicon...e-for-100-pcs/. Thats more than you'd need for a lifetime
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:05 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Sep 2013
70 Posts
Great find, thanks!

I guess I will have to get type 002 for links and swash, and 003 for the head slop... correct?

Onwards!

edit, ok, I got 002 and 003 o-rings, hope they fit nicely,
for the time being I'm using canopy grommets, not too bad actually.
homeless is online now Find More Posts by homeless
Last edited by homeless; Sep 25, 2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:04 AM
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Does o-rings make a big difference on the v922 behaviour? Or is it more important when running brushless?
swashie is online now Find More Posts by swashie
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,468 Posts
When you run higher headspeed like in a 14000kv mod, any excessive play from the swash links right up to the blade grips will cause a wobbly flight. The orings helps to eliminate a lot of the play in the links but you'd also need to use harder dampeners to to stiffen the blade grips.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 01:06 AM
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Ok, cool, thanks
swashie is online now Find More Posts by swashie
Old Sep 27, 2014, 04:04 AM
Joined Jan 2013
555 Posts
can i ask a quick question , not v922 related but brushless conversion related .
to begin with i have a wasp nano cpx transplanted into a walkera super cp frame and with an hp07 main motor fitted for extra power , the problem i'm having is spectacular tail blow out's , i'm thinking go brushless tail , i have a walkera brushless tail motor and a spare esc sitting in my spares box and they'r grinning at me but will it work ? or is there a far better brushed tail that would cope , currently it's got a Bolt upgrade v922 tail (see there is some v922 in there) so it needs to be way better than that , any suggestions ?
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:01 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,468 Posts
Personally I'd not think of putting a brushed tail with any brushless setup coz you'd be chasing tail problems soon coz those brushed motors would not last long anyhow. I've no experience with the walkera motor but for comparison I'd look at the weight of it vs the Hobbyking 12000kv tail which is about 3.5g and a supermicro esc at about the same, so if your motor and esc is about that I'd say give it a try. If your esc is BLheli able it'd make such a big difference for tail control.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
555 Posts
Thank's Joe
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio