HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What style of Turnigy 1/16 vehicle do you prefer?
Rally Extreme 36 39.13%
Mini Trooper 33 35.87%
Racing Buggy 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 24, 2014, 08:39 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,551 Posts
Covered gears, 4s, waterproof electronics, sealed diffs, win, win, win, win
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:26 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Covered gears, 4s, waterproof electronics, sealed diffs, win, win, win, win
For sure, I agree. I was thinking of buying one maybe. And I know, it's awesome that it runs on 4s! I'm just not sure if I shouldn't instead just go for the 1/5 . I don't know that I'll get either, but the mini one is tempting.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Sep 25, 2014, 01:24 AM
Joined Oct 2013
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
nofeardh,

Hey that's cool, I haven''t seen that truck yet.

The diff spider gears still looks like they're open, unless it has covers for each side.
Yes they are covered....covers from parts section:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Circus_MT.html

Quote:

Either way the bearing mod can't be too great at preserving the diffs, or else you yourself wouldn't be stripping gears as much (seeing how you've had the bearing mod on the whole time), but I do think that it helps.

Are you running the popular Hobbyking 2845 motor in yours?

Another reason why I haven't stripped my diffs yet is because I've been babying my 1/16's. I mostly only run them onroad now. The last time I bashed my Mini Trooper offroad I treated it like my 1/10, and it didn't last long... but what actually did last perfectly was the diffs.
I'm using bearing mod whole time....It's working ok....but currently I'm using 3racing ball differentials...I run my car on gravel and on racing track...bashing and racing style...and I'm using Inferno ST arms...car is little heavier but almost undestructable...It survived many hard hits...except diff is weak point. We'll see if Nitro Circus Basher diff are any better...and I hope I can put them into original diff case.
nofeardh is online now Find More Posts by nofeardh
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofeardh View Post
Yes they are covered....covers from parts section:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Circus_MT.html

I'm using bearing mod whole time....It's working ok....but currently I'm using 3racing ball differentials...I run my car on gravel and on racing track...bashing and racing style...and I'm using Inferno ST arms...car is little heavier but almost undestructable...It survived many hard hits...except diff is weak point. We'll see if Nitro Circus Basher diff are any better...and I hope I can put them into original diff case.
Oh that's right, I keep forgetting you run the balldiff.

As far as the nitro circus diff fitting, I'm almost sure that it will fit, look at the website pictures of the diff, it's exactly the same... unless those pictures are a prototype. It does have two different motors pictured, in one picture one motor looks exactly like the LC racing motor (stickers, screws, closed end can and all), and in another picture it's a different motor.

And hopefully those diffs are better quality, especially for 4s. But I would be surprised if it's not the exact same material/quality as what comes stock in ours.

Which stock diff gear were you stripping? (aside from the balldiffs)
Old Sep 25, 2014, 07:18 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,551 Posts
Quote:

And hopefully those diffs are better quality, especially for 4s. But I would be surprised if it's not the exact same material/quality as what comes stock in ours.
It appears to be a different colour more yellowish as opposed to dull grey. So hopefully they used a different metal. Fingers crossed
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Yeah I hope so too! I think I just stripped my rear diff using the LCracing motor, I have to tear it down to look at it but it's not sounding good, oh well. 3s destroys cars, but it's fun anyway.

Note: the lower arms are beefier on on the Nitro basher too.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:59 PM
Joined Jul 2014
33 Posts
Thinking about turning my mini trooper into a rally car. From what I can tell all I need is the bumpers, body posts and body. A friend of mine gave me a set of new wheels and tires that will work perfect. They are a street pattern and say HPI on them. Is there anything else I will need? Also if anyone has the part number for the painted body that would be helpfull. It wasn't in the spare parts list on the HK website.
waitwhatsthat is offline Find More Posts by waitwhatsthat
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Joined Oct 2013
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitwhatsthat View Post
Thinking about turning my mini trooper into a rally car. From what I can tell all I need is the bumpers, body posts and body. A friend of mine gave me a set of new wheels and tires that will work perfect. They are a street pattern and say HPI on them. Is there anything else I will need? Also if anyone has the part number for the painted body that would be helpfull. It wasn't in the spare parts list on the HK website.
Yes...you need complete front bumper (which include body posts) with foam and rear body posts.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...028_A2029.html

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...029_33331.html

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...nge_A2029.html

And check if you have holes on rear shock tower for body supports.

Regarding body...there are no replacement body on HobbyKing....search for ProtoForm/Traxxas/ProLine 1/16 bodies.....
nofeardh is online now Find More Posts by nofeardh
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,648 Posts
Hey I'm confused, there's different versions of this car, blue and white. And it looks like they have different chassis. What's up with that?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Hey I'm confused, there's different versions of this car, blue and white. And it looks like they have different chassis. What's up with that?
Are you refering to the older 1/16 green rally, stadium truck, and blue sct's being different from the Mini Trooper, Extreme Rally, Racing Buggy, Little Cosmos? If so it's just the older design chassis, and the two are not at all compatible with each other.