Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:32 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulier1 View Post
ebay from hkpowerstore price was $6.00 US
Then I understand you disappointment, it may be a #3 if you are lucky. Need more info, try with a card in it and try also posting on the 808 Mega thread.

Good luck!
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:33 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
No special W7 driver is needed for the real #11. You may have a bad USB cable... has happened numerous times. I assume as you were trodding through all this "BS", you read the FAQ links. If you consider this thread and the information in it as "BS", why bother stay here and post!
As with most blogs, forums and the like, you can filter 600 pages down to 10 with pertinent information.
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Then I understand you disappointment, it may be a #3 if you are lucky. Need more info, try with a card in it and try also posting on the 808 Mega thread.

Good luck!
Thank you my friend, I appreciate your time and effort....Cheers
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:37 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,995 Posts
Quote:
As with most blogs, forums and the like, you can filter 600 pages down to 10 with pertinent information.
And why, would you think, would Tom Frank spend a lot of time and effort in distilling the information in this thread, and putting it in posts #1,#2,
3,#4 & #5, keeping it uptodate. Could it be possible that he understands that fact, and pre-distils the information for people who take the time to read the title of the thread ?? Nah, no one is that stupid surely !
Have a happy time hoping people will stand to attention and salute.
Mike
(sorry Tom, he got my goat - will remove it if you wish)
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Jun 23, 2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Disfingeria :(
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
And if you had read the first three posts as this thread's title says, you would find the FAQs do just that in post #3. You'd also find in posts #1 and #2, that you do NOT have a #11HD camera and need not read any further!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Hey I'm +1.
Well put. I'm with ya.
But Tom will very diplomatic about it!
-B!

EDIT: Damn he beat me!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
And why, would you think, would Tom Frank spend a lot of time and effort in distilling the information in this thread, and putting it in posts #1,#2,
3,#4 & #5, keeping it uptodate. Could it be possible that he understands that fact, and pre-distils the information for people who take the time to read the title of the thread ?? Nah, no one is that stupid surely !
Have a happy time hoping people will stand to attention and salute.
Mike
(sorry Tom, he got my goat - will remove it if you wish)
No need, I was posting similar reply myself. He blamed everything and everyone else for his own oversights. Sheesh!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
wah....wah...wah....

Bottom line is the ones I have do work, but not like what was dispelled here. With German instructions and no SPECIFIC information to be found anywhere and being continually told this was the place to find any and all info on all 808 cameras caused some frustration and hence my post. Sorry if I stepped on any genius's toes but for my application no information was found in the first 5 posts or the FAQ's. And so far out of all you know it all's only one actually had something constructive to say that helped instead of climbing on your high horses.
And if you read what was said, I did not imply or impune the validity of the information that was given here, merely stated I wish there was more information available of a basic nature versus all the pseudo engineering and video/photo hacking. So you can brush your ruffled feathers and go back about you business. I shall find what I need elsewhere...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Tom, any video of the new 120 degree cam in action? Just ordered one....
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,688 Posts
Good
richard9999 is offline Find More Posts by richard9999
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post

Good luck!
My thanks to you Sir. It would appear they are #3's. The Chuck Lohr web site had the info I was looking for and confirmed it as well as identifing the charging problem one has. Replaced the A8 S4 diode and all is well... my thanks again.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
And if you read what was said, I did not imply or impune the validity of the information that was given here, merely stated I wish there was more information available of a basic nature versus all the pseudo engineering and video/photo hacking. So you can brush your ruffled feathers and go back about you business. I shall find what I need elsewhere...
We did read what you said in your initial post, and it did NOTHING but belittle the information and contributors to a thread that had absolutely NOTHING to do with your camera. You would have figured that out in the very first post had you bothered to actually read it. When you plop in and start spewing BS about the content and how it doesn't help you, did you expect a warm welcome? Sheesh! Good riddance!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Tom, any video of the new 120 degree cam in action? Just ordered one....
I don't have any video nor the camera to shoot any. Sorry...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:39 AM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
We did read what you said in your initial post, and it did NOTHING but belittle the information and contributors to a thread that had absolutely NOTHING to do with your camera. You would have figured that out in the very first post had you bothered to actually read it. When you plop in and start spewing BS about the content and how it doesn't help you, did you expect a warm welcome? Sheesh! Good riddance!

I did read not only the first 5 posts but the first hundred pages. Nothing related specifically to #3, none of the instructions worked, there is no red led, the camera powers up in photo mode NOT video. By chance I found Chucks web site...neat, concise and to the point. Immediately I was able to ascertain I had
#3's, got info on the YELLOW led and instructions on how to operate as well as how to fix the charging problem, replaced diode and it works. And no I did not ask for nor did I expect a warm welcome. And I did thank the only one to help and understood my frustration.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,995 Posts
<I decided this was off topic, so I have removed it >
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Jun 24, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: so as to not upset new readers looking for help.
Closed Thread