SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:05 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
United States, NJ, Midland Park
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Discussion
What happened to Skylake

Does anybody know what happened to Skylake Models? I did an order in May and it was filled very quickly. I then ordered 2 more kits, pilots, and some nose buttons and have yet to receive them. He sent me the the tissue graphics for the second order via email right away but not the items. I tried emails but there is no reply. The web site still states that they will be out for the month of June. It's past mid July so I hope they are alright. Anybody know them personally?
ECBoehm is offline Find More Posts by ECBoehm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:10 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
670 Posts
I have been checking his web site daily for an update on when he will be back. I need to order a few kits before the end of the month and hope he is not down for the count.
Dave K is online now Find More Posts by Dave K
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:53 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
670 Posts
The Skylake website is down now. Hopefully he will pass his kit line onto some else if he is not going to be able to stay in business
Dave K is online now Find More Posts by Dave K
Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Oh no, I never got my stuff. That sucks. Well, I hope he is not ill or anything like that.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:04 PM
Denton Tx
Joined Apr 2003
59 Posts
He had surgery a month or so ago. And I think they were talking about moving to New Zealand. I fear that it may be health problems. They were nice kits and at a very good price, hope it all works out in the future.
faif2d is offline Find More Posts by faif2d
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Yes, I enjoyed the P-51 and was looking forward to the WWI kits I ordered. He sent the tissue files via email soon after I placed the order but I guess he never got around to shipping the goodies. Well, I wish him well but I sure do wish I had something to glue this tissue on to!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:54 PM
Joined Jul 2005
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBoehm View Post
Yes, I enjoyed the P-51 and was looking forward to the WWI kits I ordered. He sent the tissue files via email soon after I placed the order but I guess he never got around to shipping the goodies. Well, I wish him well but I sure do wish I had something to glue this tissue on to!
What about the P51 Comet plan by Paul Bradley? Think that should be suitable right?

http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/Comet_Stick_Models.htm

hklam
hklam is offline Find More Posts by hklam
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:47 PM
What????
SoCal "The High Desert"
Joined Nov 2003
126 Posts
It appears that Skylakes site is gone altogether....has anyone heard anything? I hope it's just a hiccup.....
uavdb is offline Find More Posts by uavdb
Old Aug 07, 2010, 09:49 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faif2d View Post
And I think they were talking about moving to New Zealand. .
Maybe your guys loss could be our gain?
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:15 PM
Joined Jul 2009
84 Posts
I don't know..You want to be optimistic about these things, but a guy who pulls his website "off the air" without even a PM to customers waiting for orders ranks pretty low in my book.

I would have to post negative feedback regarding my order, which I eventually received, but it's often a waste of time and money dealing with "cottage industries". Apparently my order was sliding around under the car seat until it was finally "found" in transit to the Post Office...

(this was early on, before the current lack of communication)
IndoorFlyerABQ is offline Find More Posts by IndoorFlyerABQ
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:19 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorFlyerABQ View Post
I don't know..You want to be optimistic about these things, but a guy who pulls his website "off the air" without even a PM to customers waiting for orders ranks pretty low in my book.
I understand the frustration for anyone who placed and order but there are some very good reasons why Skylake might currently be unable to communicate and why the web site was pulled down (by the hosting company not by Skylake by the way)

Skylake was not a young man and he had previous and apparently quite serious health problems. Only weeks before he want 'AWOL' he did say that he had just had to go in for "unexpected" surgery.. Now what the nature of his health problems are/were I've no idea but you can possibly draw your own conclusions as to why he may currently be unable to communicate... Fingers crossed that it's not as serious an issue as I fear it might be

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Aug 13, 2010, 05:02 AM
Light and floaty does it
Cambridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Sep 2004
2,859 Posts
Steve, I agree, and share your views. Let's hope that good news comes soon.
Work in Progress is offline Find More Posts by Work in Progress
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:54 AM
B-17 freak
NE Italy near Aviano AB
Joined Jan 2004
665 Posts
G'day blokes, I ordered (& paid for) a cockpit upgrade for the Flyfly F-100 - I got a bogus tracking number & never heard from them since. My little experience dates back about 3 months ago. Hopefully David Collins will recover
Vic Arcudi is offline Find More Posts by Vic Arcudi
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
I must say I like supporting cottage industries and I readily accept the risk associated with it. First and foremost though, I really hope the guy is alright. Second on my wish list is to get the stuff I ordered. And lastly....I would really like my money back if the items are not available.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:04 PM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
Any more info on what the status of Skylake is?
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc