Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:15 AM
Myanmar, Yangon Division, Yangon
Joined Feb 2009
36 Posts
Question
Ardupilot Mega 2.6 power module

Hello,

I have bought APM 2.6 and setup with power module for airplane. I initially setup with USB via cable is quite well & working however when i connected with battery and power module, it is not powered up. It is removed the JP1 from board as the instructions but it is not working. Once i installed the JP1, it works. let me know it is the safe way to go ahead or is there any information i missed?
following parts are included in my setting
1. APM 2.6 + GPS + Radio telemetry
2. 3DR power module
3. ESC (30a)
4. Lipo cell (11.1V)
kyawsoew is offline Find More Posts by kyawsoew
Last edited by kyawsoew; Jul 04, 2014 at 02:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:08 PM
Chris Anderson
San Francisco/Bay Area
Joined Mar 2007
933 Posts
Are you sure the PM is plugged in correctly and there are no bent pins in the connectors?
zlite is offline Find More Posts by zlite
Old Jul 05, 2014, 04:07 AM
Myanmar, Yangon Division, Yangon
Joined Feb 2009
36 Posts
No zlite, it is now working with battery when i install jp1. But i understand that jp1 should be removed? if i m going to use servos.
kyawsoew is offline Find More Posts by kyawsoew
Old Jul 08, 2014, 06:39 AM
Joined Dec 2013
11 Posts
The JP1 is used to "jump" power from the APM to the servo rail. This is never a good idea in the case of servos, since servos cause a huge fluctuation in voltage and available current and the APM has a very narrow operating window for voltage.

The most ideal setup is to either:
1. use the built in BEC from the ESC, which will power the servo rail. You must remove the JP1 first. or,
2. use a separate power supply (BEC) plugged into the servo rail, but you must disable the BEC on the ESC and remove the JP1 first.

In both of these cases, remove the JP1, and do not plug two BECs into the servo rail at the same time.
Daddy Boomalati is offline Find More Posts by Daddy Boomalati