HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:30 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
that's true but I don't charge off a car battery so I won't damage my car. I always fly in my yard so I won't damage someone else's car. where I live everything is very wet most of the time so there isn't too much of a risk of lighting any fires. the battery also looks like it should be fine:
builder bob is offline Find More Posts by builder bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,165 Posts
Want to have some fun? Short the main leads of that lipo. Great fireworks!

That seemingly innocuous mushed little corner? Well it's made of dozens of layers of positive/negative/positive/negative......layers. You shorted some. Will it lead to a bigger problem? Probably not. But, it sounds like you must be feeling lucky.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:23 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
no! I don't want to destroy it!

I hope the battery will work for a couple flights because I won't be able to get a new one until some time in the summer.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,165 Posts
Why'd you even ask? Seems like you never had any intention of listening.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old May 01, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
what do you mean? I just don't want to make the battery explode that's all. I will replace the battery, I just can't do it for a bit. I had just been wondering if anyone thought it'd short and start a fire while it's sitting fully charged. sorry I made you feel like I wasn't listening, didn't mean to. I just don't feel quite as worried about the battery at the moment
Old May 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
I've been thinkin a bit about my battery and the plane it's for and I was wondering if I could just desolder the damaged cell and run my plane on 3s which is plenty powerful.