Old May 21, 2010, 09:16 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Stamp,

On the HBK3, one thing I forgot to mention is the motor. Is it a brushed motor or a brushless motor? The brushed motors on the HBK2's and HBK3's are notorious for burning up pretty quickly. Not to worry though, if you decide to get it, I have several brushless motors for the 300 size helis on hand. Your's for the asking. Only thing you'd need is a brushless ESC.

Dave
Brushless
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2010, 09:20 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

As Ivan mentioned Eddie is a great guy and loves the helis too. Not only save ya a little on shipping charges. But turn around time too, remember anything you send East of the Mississippi takes a lot longer. Remember the few that you sent to Vic. Takes forever. Great bunch of guys out here, huh!

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Rick, I sent Eddie (baurwin on RCU) a PM about your MSR. He said he would email you. He has a bunch of helis including an MSR and is willing to help. He is in Houston so shipping wont be too bad. He is a great guy and can be trusted.
Ivan
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old May 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Brushless
You're golden, with the brushless, get the wallet out.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Thanks for the info Ivan........that will be a fall or winter project for me so I've got a little time to set aside a few bucks.

Gotta say that this thread has a lot of great folks on it.....glad to be a part of it.

Barry
Barry,

Now you just have to decide whether you want to go electric or nitro.. I vote for electric. If you plan on doing a scale heli, I'd recommend a Trex 600 ESP.

If for just sports flying, you may consider the HK600 GT that Ivan mentioned.
But it does need some upgrading. As you mentioned it will be a winter project for you, so you've got lots of time to do the research and ask questions.

The post that Jay made on the 600 for sale is a great deal, but if you don't scoup it up soon it will be gone.

For $29.95, I can make you an Offical Member of our group.
I know, I'm the smart AZZ around here. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Dave
Old May 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Barry,

For $29.95, I can make you an Offical Member of our group.

Dave
Wait a second!!!! You charged me $49.95!! WTH????
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old May 21, 2010, 09:53 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Hey Kyle,
That L-4 Grasshopper is really nice plane. I've read a lot of reviews and such on it and all are positive. It is very small and perfect for a ball diamond. From what I hear there are no drawbacks on that design

Ivan,
Dave snookered me in at $59.95 You got a good discount It kept Ice pick Willie off my back though

I had to re-post my onboard video of my 1/5th scale Cub video when I it the tree limb after seeing the E-Fite Cub Kyle posted

Piper Cub Aerial (5 min 59 sec)

Blessings,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; May 21, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:02 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
HAHAHAHA........Dave, if the price keeps goin up I won't be able to buy anything.....hahaha.

Yepper, I want to go electric.....and Ivan and I have made a deal on his Blade for my retraining. :O) I'm afraid I'll just have to wait till this fall before I go looking for a 600...but that ok...it'll probably take me that long to learn how to hover again.!!

Awesome L-4 Kyle.....I do love "planks" too.

Gotta run Gents.....TTYS
Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old May 21, 2010, 10:19 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay and Ivan,

Cost differences are from "What the Traffic will bare". It had nothing to do with Ice Pick Wille, he's on another project, in Arizona now. Barry, received a Senior Citizen discount.

Me:

I decided to keep the Trex 600 for now, just having to much fun with it. I put the plankers on the back burners, until next year.

I had Turkey Sloppy Joes tonight, with gravy... Yummie!

Dave
Old May 21, 2010, 10:37 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jay,

I remember that video of the 1/5th scaler, like it was yesterday. Totally, flippin' awesome. Don't know why, but I love the wing video shots better.
I forget the exact time frames, but I see you at about 4:58 and then tree hit later on in the 5 minute plus time frame. I remember you mounting the camera so you'd have servo control..You posted Pics of that. You are the plank "Master".

I called off my boys, so you're safe now.

Love ya Jay and Blessings,

Dave
Old May 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Greenhouse is still off limits,

Katy, the grand-daughter is always on guard.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:23 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
If there is any Spektrum users I ran across these Ar6100 RX'x V1.6 for $25. They do ship from China but I have placed orders from this seller before so I bought 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old May 22, 2010, 07:55 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
That's a super price Kyle. How much was shipping?

Dave- I'm angry with you now. I was charged $89.95 for you to be my friend! And was told it was an annual fee! What gives? My mom didn't pay you to, did she?!

Barry- I hear nothng but good things on the MSR. Hope you enjoy it. Don't forget, we like videos!

Stamp/Jim those blackhawks look really good right now. Hope they continue to play this way.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 22, 2010, 07:59 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Jay- is the L4 from Eflite their new Platinum series bird? Ddin't hear news of its release if it is.

At any rate, thanks for the link to it Kyle. Going to take a long hard look at this one.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old May 22, 2010, 08:41 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Not totally dead (yet)

The film from the PiperCub, with the rotating camera is PERFECT...
I am very but VERY impressed with it.
I was also impressed with the Spektrum 6100 RX for $ 25.00 straight with no shipping charges [so I just now sent for one]....EBay said there's only 4 left; so now there's only 3 left.
I was additionally impressed with the films of the tiny CUB that were taken by our friend up there in the NorthWest.....(so I also got one, here's proof *pic* )
GENTLEMEN of the band O'bs : you are slowing down my slide down the slippery slope so y'all could be entitled to some medical remunerations !

ps : I am taking the mSR to the tech.man for fixing; "today" ...!
RICK
thanxxxxxxxx y'all
now IF the wind will ever stop I will try to FLY the ESKY V2 that Mr. VIC setup for me.....I need to try it in the Stunt mode. ( ! )
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; May 22, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Dave.......great gate keeper for the greenhouse ya got there......grand kids are super.

Nice looking Cub Rick.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; May 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM.