HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:21 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,393 Posts
My M5 Komrade has been busy making these carbon fibre tail savers.

Name: 003.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 196.4 KB
Description:

He has run the proto version all last year and it stands up well to abuse and saves the notoriously weak rear mudguard. As a bonus, it makes launching the bike by hand much more positive.

They'll be up on eBay soon but if anyone is interested in the meantime then PM me.

Cost will be roughly 18. (ex p+p)
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2014, 05:08 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,393 Posts
It was my first run out of the year (long overdue) on the MkII Thed track. We had a fair few 1/8 buggies tearing up the surface the previous week so it was quite rutted pretty much everywhere. Whitham69 had tried a lead tape trick from golf clubs a while ago so I gave it the full double sided treatment on the front wheel and see how she went.

FanBloodyTastic! The front wheel staid sure and true through the rough stuff and was just SO much better than I've ever had (standard steering spring length/tension) The front wheel shook lock to lock (just like an '87 KX 500!) but it remained so very easy to keep things going. I nailed a lap straight from the off after a 6 month lay off. It stayed straight and true and went where I wanted over rough bumps. I can't quite get my head round how things went! It cost me 4 from eBay for the tape. Definitely recommended giving this trick a try!

Also thanks to ThrottleJunkie for the link to the 40A esc on the MM thread. The e-gyro never missed a beat!

Happy bunny!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury