SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2002, 12:05 PM
I'll fly anything...
United States, CA, Palm Springs
Joined Aug 2001
502 Posts
Jet Hangar Hobbies

Hello all,

I've been in R/C for about 20 years, I was a customer of Jet Hangar Hobbies about 12 years ago when I was building a 1/10th scale YF-23 ducted fan model. I have not dealt with them since then as I got away from ducted fan for a while.

I'm ready to get back into ducted fan and I saw a very nice Bae Hawk on Jet Hangar's site. I called them a few days ago to ask a few questions about the kit and I got a recording saying they were "on the other line or away..." I never got a call back that day or since then. I've called again and got the same answering machine message. Further searching on thier website reveals no store address ... I've been to thier store but that was a long time ago and I'm not sure I could find without an address.

My questions are ;
1) Has anyone dealt with JHH lately? If so, how were you treated?
2) Are they even still in business?
3) Does anyone know the store address?

Thanks
GlasairAllen is offline Find More Posts by GlasairAllen
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2002, 12:52 PM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
larry@jethangar.com is his email addy atleast. Maybe try that?
He is still in biz and the Hawk you're referring to is an ARF made in Asia I think. IC and small turbine model.
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Feb 16, 2002, 11:13 PM
I'll fly anything...
Joined Aug 2001
502 Posts
JHH

Quote:
Originally posted by Haldor
larry@jethangar.com is his email addy atleast. Maybe try that?
He is still in biz and the Hawk you're referring to is an ARF made in Asia I think. IC and small turbine model.
Haldor,

Thanks for the response. I didn't expect to see you here ... don't you stay in the EDF group

I hope you don't go back to the EDF group and out me as a glow guy

Anyways, I have a pair of JHH Turbax units with OS .65 VRDF motors and they are collecting dust .... I'm looking for a fun little plane to put one or two of them in. The Bae Hawk looks like a great candidate if it will handle a .65 ... the website says it's a .40-.46 size. That's why I'm trying to get ahold of Larry, so I can ask him if the .65 size Turbax unit will fit in the Hawk ... if so, I'll be picking one up right away.

BTW, the website specificly says the Hawk is NOT suitable for turbine ... no problem for me, turbines are still a little expensive for me.

See ya later Haldor,
Old Feb 18, 2002, 07:13 PM
I'll fly anything...
Joined Aug 2001
502 Posts
Update

I have spoken with Larry at JHH, it turns out that they do not have a store any longer and are concentrating on manufacturing.

I have ordered my Bae Hawk and am looking forward to receiving it. A batch of kits are enroute from Hong Kong and I should have mine in about a month.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 09:20 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,466 Posts
Hawk

Larry let me have a chance at the sticks one day out at El Toro a while back on the production prototype. It's a good flying airplane! Mine is on order also!
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Mar 11, 2002, 02:19 PM
Dude, where's My Plane?
Green Lane PA USA
Joined Mar 2001
2,167 Posts
Re: JHH

Quote:
Originally posted by GlasairAllen

Haldor,

Thanks for the response. I didn't expect to see you here ... don't you stay in the EDF group

See ya later Haldor,
Ahhhhh HAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! I suspected as much!!!!!!!
JasonJ is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ
Old Mar 27, 2002, 12:54 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,122 Posts
Re: JHH

Quote:
Originally posted by GlasairAllen
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to bring my BVM P-80 (ICDF) to the BITW meet in April. Have you received your Hawk yet? Flown it?

I saw Larry fly the prototype at last year's Scale Master's qualifier. Good flying airplane.

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Mar 27, 2002, 03:54 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,713 Posts
ok so now we are gonna meet over here, thats cool. I guy has a bob cat with a ram500 he said he would sell for 6.7k not very old (maybe a few months) does that sound like a good deal?
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Mar 28, 2002, 02:44 AM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave morris
I guy has a bob cat with a ram500 he said he would sell for 6.7k not very old (maybe a few months) does that sound like a good deal?
Hi Dave,
That would depend on the condition, if the radio system is included and whether it's worth it to pay for his labor.

BVM "Go Fly" price is $2,185.00 (price calculated with BobCat kit, standard landing gear pkg and fuel cells for RAM 500 operation, less engine, radio, and finishing materials)

RAM 500R Remote Start Turbine Complete $2,195.00

Total for the complete kit and engine NIB is $4380.00.

Radio, paint and support equipment- $2,320.00. Is it worth it to you?

Also keep in mind the new waiver rules the AMA is either seriously considering (or has already implimented); you need to demonstrate certain manuevers with an airplane at 150 mph. If you don't have your waiver, the extra cost of the hotrod to get it would be extra.

Daren
p.s. Don't forget my almost famous quote, "Want to see a grown man cry like a schoolgirl? Watch a turbine crash!"
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Last edited by Daren; Mar 28, 2002 at 02:50 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 12:55 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,713 Posts
Thanks for the info on the prices, helps a lot, I would tend to go with NIB stuff and build it myself. Dont think my scat cat is up to 150, guess I will wait and stick with E power jets for a while. Beside I really want a turbine bandit.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Mar 30, 2002, 12:47 AM
I'll fly anything...
Joined Aug 2001
502 Posts
Re: Re: JHH

Quote:
Originally posted by Daren
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to bring my BVM P-80 (ICDF) to the BITW meet in April. Have you received your Hawk yet? Flown it?

I saw Larry fly the prototype at last year's Scale Master's qualifier. Good flying airplane.

Daren
Daren,

I just picked up the hawk today ... it looks real nice so far. I have a Turbax unit with an OS .65 VRDF that I'm going to put in it. It should go near vertical with that powerplant.

I'll bring it to the BITW meet ... finished or not.
Old Apr 09, 2002, 09:08 PM
Joined Dec 2001
4 Posts
JHH

Hi all

I've been dealing with Larry for a few months, and he has always responded quick, i find the best way to get in touch with larry is via e-mail.

As for the JHH Hawk ARF i ordered mine back in December and will have it shipped next week as soon as larry get back to CA on the 12th as he was in OH. (might explain why no one answered the phone)

As for Power i'm still undecided, even though it states that the hawk is suitable for turbine, i'm guessing larry was thinking on the line of a RAM 500 turbine which of course too much.

But SIMJET has a nice 700 turbine with produces 7lbs of thrust same as a OS.46 D/F. 700 its actually lighter than a complete .46 D/F set up. turbine is only 14oz and a diameter of just 60mm (2.3") it burns 3.3oz per Min at MAX Thrust.

I'm thinking about going the turbine option, John at simjet has a hawk, as soon as the 700 in AMA approved he will start flight tests, he thinks its an ideal jet for his turbine. If its not i guess i'll go D/F.

As far as that Bobcat, friend of mine sold on with a new Ram 500x all top digital JR servos only 5 flights no damage, all BVM option for only 6200 and he is a Professional R/C builder.
F900 is offline Find More Posts by F900