HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2014, 07:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Alert
FMS Bans Bananahobby from selling any more FMS Merchandise

FMS is a well operated company designed to bring the past back to the skies. With their attention to detail and well powered aerodynamic capabilities, FMS planes have proven themselves to many RC pilots who were looking for a new level of skill with RC planes.
One of the few places that I normally would purchase FMS products was from Bananahobby.com. Years ago when I started purchasing items from this online store, I had no problems with my products. Later on I did have a couple of issues with the customer support and I know there are many others out there that have had the same issue who can agree with me that they are not the best at satisfying the average customer 100%.
Because of Bananahobby’s lack of customer support with FMS products, FMS announced that they were banning Bananahobby to sell any more of their merchandise for good.
I was told this information through a dealer who has been selling FMS products for several years. When I was looking around online I noticed that Bananahobby had all their spare parts and other FMS products marked down dramatically. I presented to the dealer the prices Bananahobby had for several FMS products and compared it with his prices and the difference was incredible. Bananahobby had most of their FMS products marked down 25%-50%. That was when my dealer explained to me the conflict between FMS and Bananahobby.
So for many who are looking for spare parts on FMS products, check Bananahobby’s website to see if parts are still available to the plane you own. Once certain FMS products run out, they will be fresh out and won’t be able to re-stock.

As for FMS, they will continue to create new products and sell through several different online and local hobby shops. Be sure also to look out for the new and improved version of their 1400mm P-38 Lightning, soon to be released between June and July of 2014. Hope this information has been helpful to you all.
Bzzymatt is offline Find More Posts by Bzzymatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:10 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,070 Posts
Really?
Banana has a loooong history of Mediocrity.
Hardly a surprise there.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:08 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
649 Posts
Hobby Zone is now marketing FMS planes
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Apr 30, 2014, 02:53 AM
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
485 Posts
Be careful here as the information you have provided comes from a compeditor. Whilst it may be correct you should have it verified from FMS before making these statements as it could be very damaging to Banahobby
otherhalf2 is offline Find More Posts by otherhalf2
Old Apr 30, 2014, 06:46 AM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,563 Posts
While I didn't find any planes on sale to speak of, most are "out of stock", A lot of the "parts" are
on sale for little to nothing.

I ordered all the parts for the PT-17 for a little over $70 shipped. About half the cost of the
complete plane. One thing may pop up, no online instructions I can find?? If anyone has a
link, please..
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:07 AM
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jul 2012
208 Posts
This is long overdue. I quit doing business with them and the other place similar to them(I won't mention the name)a long time ago after many bad experiences and no customer service.
chrispkaiser is offline Find More Posts by chrispkaiser
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:27 PM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
966 Posts
OP, can you provide a link to your source? I'm especially interested in the new P-38...
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:59 PM
Joined Mar 2014
77 Posts
Hello Bzzymatt,

It is true that our FMS parts have gone on sale, however other parts from different brands such as BlitzRCWorks have also gone on sale. This is because of our continued parts sale from a few days before. Also, we will not be carrying FMS which is another a reason for the FMS parts to have gone on sale. There is definitely more to come in the near upcoming months with newer models and products!

All the best,
Alex
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
To Bananahobby and others. I am grateful for the products and appreciation Bananahobby has to the world of RC. My resources from my FMS dealer, whom I have been friends with for 3 years, is very kind and has kept me up to date on many recent news in regards to FMS and I do believe him completely on anything he tells me. I must apologize however If I offended Bananahobby for the way I posted this news. I still visit your online store and am currently planning to purchase another plane from you within the next few months. As for the P-38, it will still be the same size. A 1400mm all foam warbird. They discontinued the plane temporarily to correct certain parts of the plane such as a flex in the wing and they are making new molds. I do not know if the scheme will be the same or if they are even planning to have a few different schemes to choose from, but we will see come June and July.
Bzzymatt is offline Find More Posts by Bzzymatt
Old May 23, 2014, 06:18 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,126 Posts
They were not banned. They still get a few FMS planes from time to time. Get your facts straight
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:41 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,573 Posts
deleted
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon