HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 01:11 AM
Finland, Laukaa
Joined May 2014
27 Posts
Okay thanks for helping! I have few 4s batteries and Im getting 10x5 carbon fiber props. If the props wont help me, then I will try 4s setup
R3gou is online now Find More Posts by R3gou
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:49 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,353 Posts
Thx TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I agree, I think that is correct. I took a look at his most recent builds wiring and it looks like that is how it is set up, except, he keeps a single ground wire from one of the ESCs. But I will be waiting for him to respond. Thanks for the help!
I did respond to observer via PM and so everyone is on the same page this is what I wrote:
Quote:
Hi observer,

You can wire it up exactly the same [as the KK2.0]. On the V1, the ground and power are common rails in fact the ground is common on all Naza ports.

If you are using a single flight battery to power everything and have either the PMU or the older VU powering the Naza FC, you can run with only the signal wires on all ESC's and one ESC ground wire. In some cases, depending on the ESC, you don't need any ESC ground wires. Try it this way first.

If you are only running the LED without the PMU or VU then you need to power the FC with at least one of the ESC power wires. You can also power the FC with a separate 5v BEC plugged into any motor port in which case no ESC power is needed.

So, first try it with no ESC ground wires then if it won't spin up, attach one ground wire. (Remember, the ground is the top pin and signal is the bottom pin )
The other thing to note here is that if all ESC's have switch mode BEC's it is not recommended to connect (parallel) all the power wires. This has to do with the switch mode phasing and can cause the BEC's to burn. Linear mode BEC's are OK to connect in parallel.

At the end of the day, the only real reasons to not connect all the wires are:

1. You want cleaner looking wiring (my case)
or
2. You have switch mode BEC's
or
3. Your wiring is already set up this way(observers case)

Cheers!
Mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update