HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:13 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkyamog View Post
My son crashed the master cp this weekend. Damaged swash plate, chipped main gear teeth and cracked tail. I just move the linkage and glue the broken link, glue the tail. Tested it today and still flys very well. New parts on the way in case of another crash.
If bird is stock you may have problem with servos. they strip easy. They could fail in flight..hope not.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:32 AM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
354 Posts
Oh happy me, Banggood said my brushless kit has shipped. Now if it does not disappear in NYC customs for a month I may have it by December.
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:57 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
Well I got shaft with Bang good. First time, guess i was due. 4f200 LM has another one of those odd size funky batteries. Order shipped qiuckly but no battery..out of stock. It took them two weeks to let me know. I told them send it when they get it. $20.00 from them/ Wow $32.00 !!
Battery cable has much thicker wires than my V200D01. H/K batteries this size are to wide and thick. I have nice scale heli c/p I can not fly..no battery.
Maser has narrow battery tray also but Zippy compacts work fine and cheap.
I do have couple new stock batteries when go bl. I found that the stock batteries from Walkera work very well. I have used others in my WK birds and some were waste of money/ some ok.
I have packed up some helis and more to be added. Upkeep and batteries are problem. Doubles will become singles and some older birds put away. Rotate them and unclear fate of some. Tried to offer open trades and not one hit on forum. Oh well got real good service from most.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:13 AM
Joined Aug 2014
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
If bird is stock you may have problem with servos. they strip easy. They could fail in flight..hope not.
Servos are metal, after my son's first crash. I have 1 spare metal and 2 old plastic ones. Helis are more delicate than quads.
Jkyamog is offline Find More Posts by Jkyamog
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:42 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
OK m/g servos seem to hold up well. bird flys good to go. V450D01 V2 is even more stable plus wow factor. Thats if you are coming from micros.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
366 Posts
So I've been all about the 450x the past few days since it's new and it's different. I've gotten to a point where it's not as intimidating in the air and I'm getting a little braver doing some fast forward flight, banked turns, etc...just no flips yet. Halfway through my last flight it popped in my head, "Man, this thing doesn't have near the power of my MCP with the 3800kv BL motor". i guess that makes sense since it's only a 4200kv motor on it and it's almost twice as heavy. Really wish there was some way to upgrade the gyro on the MCP.
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:10 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
So I've been all about the 450x the past few days since it's new and it's different. I've gotten to a point where it's not as intimidating in the air and I'm getting a little braver doing some fast forward flight, banked turns, etc...just no flips yet. Halfway through my last flight it popped in my head, "Man, this thing doesn't have near the power of my MCP with the 3800kv BL motor". i guess that makes sense since it's only a 4200kv motor on it and it's almost twice as heavy. Really wish there was some way to upgrade the gyro on the MCP.
It's not just about the KV though... it depends what Wattage the motors have. If you have the 450 setup correctly it should be able to outperform the Master. It could well be true however that you have a better power to weight ratio with the 3800KV motor on the Master. If the motor/esc has the 'capacity' then you might be able to increase the pinion by 1 tooth, get a higher headspeed and end up with more thrust. Just be careful not to a) overload the power train, b) get into a rotor bogging situation and c) over stress the rotor head components.

This makes me want to take my 450 out again... time of year, work and rain are not permitting however.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
My Blade 450 D has 440 motor/ stock is 420. I think they have a 480 motor also.
Plus Master even stock has 400 sized motor. This with fact that Master is a 250 size, some even call it a 200 size. Scorpion has a new 450 sized motor out that should make 450 X rock 'n' Roll.
Old Today, 09:51 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
I hate to do this but going to take my #1 Master off flight line. Nothing wrong but have my spare sitting in a box and never get it going if I have two good flyinjg Masters to play with. I need to correct mistakes my buddie did to his Master before I got it.
Old Today, 02:01 PM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
354 Posts
just waiting, just waiting, just waiting, just waiting, just waiting
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Today, 02:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
I'm in same boat with battery for my 4f200 LM Scale bl Lama heli. Pretty cool ,bird but funky battery. Power leads are much thicker than most two cells.
Battery tray is long and very narrow for a 1500ma 2 cell li-po. Good ole Walkera and battery trays. Being a scale bird no mods will work. hope to fly before Thanksgiving !!