HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
I will let you know after I play a bit more with it. There may be a delay of a few days as I'm waiting on some connectors etc.

My rods have some twist/give in them. I've used some small strips for reinforcing foamies, and rods for building IFOs before... but fairly limited experience otherwise. I would assume that limited twist and flex of a piece this shape is normal though. I'm sure you'll ave a more definitive answer when a few more people weigh in
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:28 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Small LED's (5mm and under) colored Green, Blue and White run at 3V...Red LED"s run at 2.7V.
LEDs can vary in their voltage. I have had some red LED's with a 1.6 to 1.7V drop.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
noob questions

I'm a total noob so please be gentle...

Just bought LB v2 and still awaiting a delivery.
I think I made every possible mistake with this purchase: bought based on price, researched after I purchsed (I never do that!), bought from Hobby King who are temporarily out of stock.

Spent the last day and a half reading these forums and other reviews. (thanks everyone! great info here!)

Now I'm regretting not getting v1. Contacted HK but don't think they will let me get v1 instead.

My questions:
* Given that I'm a noob, haven't had experience in flying RC (except for my son's AR Drone 2.0), not planning to buy anothe heli for a while, and not planning to do any programming: is it still worth getting the v1 over the v2?
* Given all the above and the fact the price difference between v1 and v2 will be $35-40, is the the 2402D worth the extra $ compare to the Devo 4? (don't think I'll be doing any fancy acrobatics for a while...)

I am pretty much stuck with HK as shipping to Australia from any other store will make the purchase too expensive. I'm on a budget here...

Any advice will be appreciated.

Y.
yud is online now Find More Posts by yud
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined May 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
I'm a total noob so please be gentle...

Just bought LB v2 and still awaiting a delivery.
I think I made every possible mistake with this purchase: bought based on price, researched after I purchsed (I never do that!), bought from Hobby King who are temporarily out of stock.

Spent the last day and a half reading these forums and other reviews. (thanks everyone! great info here!)

Now I'm regretting not getting v1. Contacted HK but don't think they will let me get v1 instead.

My questions:
* Given that I'm a noob, haven't had experience in flying RC (except for my son's AR Drone 2.0), not planning to buy anothe heli for a while, and not planning to do any programming: is it still worth getting the v1 over the v2?
* Given all the above and the fact the price difference between v1 and v2 will be $35-40, is the the 2402D worth the extra $ compare to the Devo 4? (don't think I'll be doing any fancy acrobatics for a while...)

I am pretty much stuck with HK as shipping to Australia from any other store will make the purchase too expensive. I'm on a budget here...

Any advice will be appreciated.

Y.
If they didn't ship it out yet you can still make the changes you want ,just go on luve chat,and v1 is much better
NYREPZ is offline Find More Posts by NYREPZ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:09 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
You will still get a good quad, but you get what you pay for. V2 is striped down inferior version of V1. Devo 4 is a toy compared to 2402D TX. Devo 6/7/7e/8s/10/12 are much better. That said Ladybird V2 is still better than any mico quad out there. You are getting a fine little flyer and Devo 4 does do its job, so enjoy it.
Most vendors sell all over the world, so whats the problem there ? Sometimes looking for the cheapest is not best deal. WL toys clones fly very well with
T9X . Even stock TX works fine as it has four rates to fly their quads. V2 is a fine little bird. I have two V1's and a V2 hooked up to Devo 7 TX.......> Wonderful little Quads.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
personally if the V2 flies like the V1, then i would go with it and take the extra $ and buy a Devo7E. The 2402D is a fine radio but is missing the important stuff. I'm planning on a 7e in a week or so myself.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:30 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
You will still get a good quad, but you get what you pay for. V2 is striped down inferior version of V1. Devo 4 is a toy compared to 2402D TX. Devo 6/7/7e/8s/10/12 are much better. That said Ladybird V2 is still better than any mico quad out there. You are getting a fine little flyer and Devo 4 does do its job, so enjoy it.
Thanks.
Contacted Hobby King and they said v1 is on backorder and will not be available for at least another 3 months! I'm keen to start flying so I'll stick to v2 for now.

Looked at costs of Devo 7/7e/10 and it's way out of my budget for now...
(might change my mind as soon as I start flying...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Most vendors sell all over the world, so whats the problem there ? .
Problem is shipping costs to Australia. And Hobby King were reasonable.

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
banggood.com
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:37 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
banggood.com
It was tempting but ppl complained about shipping time...
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
i wasn't sure if it was better to you. I bought mine from nitroplanes.com
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Another question:

found a reasonably priced Devo 7.
Is there any advantage in flying the v2 with the Devo 7 as oppose to the Devo 4? (given that v2 has no telemetry and is only 3 axis?)
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:29 AM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
do i need to update frimware on the V1 to use telemetry?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
do i need to update frimware on the V1 to use telemetry?
No.
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:25 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
Another question:

found a reasonably priced Devo 7.
Is there any advantage in flying the v2 with the Devo 7 as oppose to the Devo 4? (given that v2 has no telemetry and is only 3 axis?)
With the Devo 7, and thorough study of the manual, you'll be able to fine tune the control of the the quad. This is not possible with the Devo 4 or the 2402D. I would certainly get the Devo 7 and will at some point myself. I'm using the 2402D now and like you, wish I'd done a bit more reading prior to getting the package I did. I wouldn't have been quite so concerned with price and spent a bit more for a better radio. Live and learn.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:50 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Gents,
Sometimes it is all about waiting and then getting the best price and then growing and upgrading. At one time the pricier and more feature laden Ladybird V1 and 2402d(still the best of the toy Tx's packaged with most other micros) was originally $220,, then $150 , then $125, then $58, then $75, now it is $95 If it was packaged with the DEVO 7 or 7e it was $50-$100 more. Now you can get a DEVO 7 or 7e at Banggood for about $60. So if you jumped on the Ladybird V1 with the 2402d at the $58 or even $75 deal, you are still in the good deal arena You can wait for the Ladybird V2 packaged with a DEVO 7 to get in that ~$70 price range and you will have a spare I just saw that one Vendor has the Ladybird V2 and DEVO 8s for $250, so no doubt someone else out there must have it for even less
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins