SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:04 AM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I think the info in the referenced link is a little mis-leading.

Here are a couple lengthy links posted a few months ago explaining why, and how I believe the RX EL/AIL Gyro Pot works:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4144

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4277
Great posts, I actually stumbled upon and read your posts while searching for information on giro settings. The video was very interesting... so was Billy Idol...
Titan33 is offline Find More Posts by Titan33
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
[QUOTE=lent57;24304707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post

Try this it may work. Take you bind plug put it in ele servo plug connector, then plug in battery the normal way after 15s or so unplug battery and remove bind plug.This will clear settings in Rx. Then go to Tx under model menu and select fixed ID and select off. Now rebind normally if this works you can reset fixed ID this will speed up bind process. If this doesn't work there could be a problem with the coil it all so stops the bind process. Also some times when you upgrade RX firmware it will screw up your fixed ID and it has to be reset. Hope this helps.

Len
Interesting, I was wondering what that spare plug was for. Is it only suppose to be plugged into the elevator port? Maybe resetting the Rx will fix my forward drift...
Could you set fix ID on if you have multiple helis on the devo 7e? What exactly is it for? I noticed that when i initially turn on my Tx, then connect the heli batts like normal, it doesn't bind. I have to turn off and on the Tx again. My procedure now is to connect heli first then Tx, which I know is never recommended.
Titan33 is offline Find More Posts by Titan33
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:12 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Just tried to flip mine in stunt mode, stock motor and 300mah 35c battery. 4th cycle on them. They have good punch to start with, so tried straight after take off. But there wasnt enough power once over and crashed. Tried a few times but them the battery was shot. Maybe its mostly me as with my bigger heli i just loop, not flip.
Maybe i wasnt using all the cyclic available, hmmmm, will have to try again.
Rodders is offline Find More Posts by Rodders
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:31 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
[QUOTE=Titan33;24305310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lent57 View Post

Interesting, I was wondering what that spare plug was for. Is it only suppose to be plugged into the elevator port? Maybe resetting the Rx will fix my forward drift...
Could you set fix ID on if you have multiple helis on the devo 7e? What exactly is it for? I noticed that when i initially turn on my Tx, then connect the heli batts like normal, it doesn't bind. I have to turn off and on the Tx again. My procedure now is to connect heli first then Tx, which I know is never recommended.
When you power up the TX without fixed ID, you only have about at most, 10 seconds to plug in the heli. If the TX fully initializes, it stops searching for binding codes and the process stops. That is another big advantage of fixed ID where the TX initializes fast, but keeps looking for a matching code signal from an RX.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:31 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Ok, she went over easy on a 5th cycle battery. Only problem is real life upside down and sim upside down are not the same lol. Managed to get back over properly once.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:42 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
... real life and sim are not the same
Fixed

Iv found that the sim doesn't help at all for these micros, its only helpful for learning orientation. Especially phoenix, as it doesn't simulate piros properly, resulting in completely different flight characteristics.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:12 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,180 Posts
No I have not resoved it. I now have 2 minis that wont bind. I replaced a servo on the 1 that was still binding. I removed the old servo plugged in the new one before intsalling so I could bind the heli work the servo, find the mid point of travel. the heli will no longer bind. Someone suggested the if thr red led stops blinking during the binding time then blinks again it means the RX is binding but one or more components are not. So, as I understand it the process is to unplug everything from the pc board, see if the rx will bind. Then one at a time plug in 1 component and see if it binds until you get t the 1 component or connector is discovered. I will probably try doing so today Hope it works now I have 4 cps I can't get to fly AGHHHHHH
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:19 AM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
[QUOTE=Titan33;24305310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lent57 View Post

I am not familiar with D7e but if it has model memories in it. yes you could set multiple's just rename the different models and make sure when binding you select the correct model to that fixed ID. You can go to walkera web site download model mem. upload to your Tx and than do a model paste that way you do not have to renter info for your multiple's. You can skip the download part if your happy with your model setup, just model copy paste in the Tx.

Len
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Fixed

Iv found that the sim doesn't help at all for these micros, its only helpful for learning orientation. Especially phoenix, as it doesn't simulate piros properly, resulting in completely different flight characteristics.
I totally disagree here, Phoenix was the only reason I was able to flip my mini after flipping the mcpx on the sim. Yeah it's not the same but damn near close on enough factors to help.

I found it easier to flip than real life mini but a lot harder to maintain an inverted hover than a real mini.

Lent57 - what do you have your pitch travel adjust and rates at?

Rodders - what are your pitch curves?
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:25 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Pitch curves are stock.

I just been out again trying. Was hovering lovery upside down. Numerous flips on the same pack. Then the inevitable happened. Instead of hitting the nice soft grass, i hit a brick wall and patio. Rammed the shaft right down and took all the servos out. Was going great till that point. Just seemed to get brain freeze and didnt correct.Batteries are getting better after each cycle still.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:30 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Geez. £14 a servo to replace!!!!! Anything else cheaper out there? Seems a lot for a tiny servo
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:37 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Fixed

When i was using the phoenix sim i used the trex 250 with some tweeks it was like flying a micro,,adjust the power to match it to your micro and give it a try
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
Geez. £14 a servo to replace!!!!! Anything else cheaper out there? Seems a lot for a tiny servo
MyRCMart.com = $9 per servo http://www.myrcmart.com/walkera-heli...9lmfd44k8k6qn5

Servo Saver Mod is almost free, and lasts forever
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:52 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
When i was using the phoenix sim i used the trex 250 with some tweeks it was like flying a micro,,adjust the power to match it to your micro and give it a try
Thats what i ussualy fly in the sim. still, without having proper piro simulation all stick movemens are off compared to real life.

On a real heli it drifts when you piro, in the sim it might as well be nailed inplace. Simming did not help me at all in doing circuits indoors. Just lots and lots of practice with the real thing.

Rodders, check if banggood has the servos in stock. But expect som massive shipping times.

Im looking forward to my latest mini cp purchases.

5x Oversky 400 mah 30c batterys.
AEO m5 13500 kv motor
FBL 100 tail motor / tail holder/ tail fin

And as i got tired of how hard the minicp is to see at distance, some visual upgrades.

Wasp100 canopy

FBL 100 green main blades

FBL 100 green tail blade

And wasp100 main gear, landing gear and main shaft to check if they fit the mini cp. 1.1$ per main gear including shipping .
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:00 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
30$ for shippimg to the UK and 10+ days.

Have to try rotating gears to see if that will work. If not fork out on servos and do the mod!!!!