SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2014, 03:31 AM
Joined Mar 2014
16 Posts
Link
some good heli blades

I found a website selling cheap heli blades, think I'd share with heli guys and friends. That's the link
http://www.hobbyease.com/helicopter-blades-c312
NeilsonOrlov is offline Find More Posts by NeilsonOrlov
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2014, 10:42 AM
Mini-Me is watching you...
Hemet, CA
Joined Aug 2010
512 Posts
They are in China. Be Careful.
thenodemaster is offline Find More Posts by thenodemaster
Old May 31, 2014, 07:36 PM
Joined Apr 2009
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenodemaster View Post
They are in China. Be Careful.
+1, I have tried a good number of cheap Chinese rotor blades in the past few years and have been disappointed to badly disappointed each time. In fact I found some of them to be outright dangerous as they came apart in the air or pulled out of the blade grips. In those instances, I may have saved a few bucks on the cost of the blades but lost a LOT more money on buying parts to repair the heli afterwards. And that does not consider the fact that someone could have easily be injured each time.
GyroMan is offline Find More Posts by GyroMan
Old Jun 01, 2014, 05:16 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilsonOrlov View Post
I found a website selling cheap heli blades, think I'd share with heli guys and friends.
Friends don't let friends fly cheap blades, let alone cheap chinese blades....

A lot of chinese products are very fine, but blades is one I still do not really trust them with....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Dec 2013
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Friends don't let friends fly cheap blades, let alone cheap chinese blades....

A lot of chinese products are very fine, but blades is one I still do not really trust them with....

Brgds, Bert
That's not ture, many big brands get OEM things from China factory. But they still work good
Mark Loft is offline Find More Posts by Mark Loft
Old Jul 08, 2014, 10:52 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
732 Posts
Love my Fun-Key blades...made in China
justy g is offline Find More Posts by justy g
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy g View Post
Love my Fun-Key blades...made in China
Yes. Fun-Key blades are relatively good blades, as they have been making blades, designed by pros in the western world, for over 20 years. Unfortunately, many other blades made in China are not blades made by established companies or designed by well known designers who have been doing so for many years.

Most of the blades made in China are made by companies that may know the basics of how to lay up F/G and C/F but who may not have the aerodynamic knowledge to understand the forces involved. Therefore, many I have tried, proved to be unsafe by coming apart in the air, spraying pieces all over after a crash and/or flying erratically (e.g. with pitch-up or pitch-down tendencies in forward or backward flight) and with less then normal stability in relatively low wind conditions.

So unless I can find out the history of the company, relative to their experience in making rotor blades, I will stay away from them.

I have even had conversations with some of these manufacturers and was quickly able to discern that they did not have much knowledge as to what makes a safe blade and/or what makes a good flying blade.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Jul 08, 2014, 04:23 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Loft View Post
That's not ture, many big brands get OEM things from China factory. But they still work good
Big brands, with big brand designers, and big brand quality control....

You get what you pay for, and well designed production processes and good quality control also have a price in China...

Cheap blades in China however????

Don't trust them and never will....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967