HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2014, 06:33 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer View Post
I have zero information on this topic. However, I do know that I have been contacted this past week and accepted to do an independent review of the Dornier DO27 observation plane which is coming into stock at Banana Hobby early this summer. I am looking forward to testing a plane that comes with my name on it! (Heer: of or by the army!) The planes used for observation by the German army had Heer on them as discussed in another thread in The Banana Hobby section. I don't think they would be wasting their or my time in contacting me if they weren't planning on staying in business. I can guarantee that when I do the review I will honestly give you the pluses and minuses I find concerning the plane with video demonstrating how it flies. Mike Heer
Don't tell me that your going to fall for the banana in the tail pipe are you?
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2014, 12:19 PM
Joined Mar 2014
78 Posts
It is not my duty to deal with these rumors and speculations, but it has unfortunately come to the point where I have to step in. We have been at our new location carrying out normal operations, and we have been working with many of our clients to help them with their hobby needs and orders by providing service in every way possible. For example, our text messaging system is currently the quickest way to obtain an immediate response for support during normal business hours.

During this time, we have been on the drawing boards with new upcoming developments. I am not sure where these rumors are coming from, but I would like to point out that we are still here with the plan to stay. Our stock is being replenished and many items are scheduled for arrival by late June/early July. This information can be found on items that are labeled as 'Backorder' on our website. I can't even begin to fathom how excited I am for the new upcoming models this year! I hope that we can leave this speculation behind and simply continue to enjoy this wonderful hobby, we appreciate your understanding.
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old May 30, 2014, 12:58 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
Thanks for posting Alex! Also thanks for confirming by PM that I will be reviewing the Dornier in military finish when it comes into stock. I also look forward to some of the new planes scheduled to arrive this summer besides the "Heer Dornier."
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2014, 02:09 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCSR ALEX View Post
It is not my duty to deal with these rumors and speculations, but it has unfortunately come to the point where I have to step in. We have been at our new location carrying out normal operations, and we have been working with many of our clients to help them with their hobby needs and orders by providing service in every way possible. For example, our text messaging system is currently the quickest way to obtain an immediate response for support during normal business hours.

During this time, we have been on the drawing boards with new upcoming developments. I am not sure where these rumors are coming from, but I would like to point out that we are still here with the plan to stay. Our stock is being replenished and many items are scheduled for arrival by late June/early July. This information can be found on items that are labeled as 'Backorder' on our website. I can't even begin to fathom how excited I am for the new upcoming models this year! I hope that we can leave this speculation behind and simply continue to enjoy this wonderful hobby, we appreciate your understanding.
Great to Hear a Good Business is still IN Business................Do some More Video's.....
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:03 AM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2013
42 Posts
Inspiration...

I bought a couple planes from BH three years ago... I fly on my own or with my wife filming etc.. I hate flying club 'experts' as they're usually self-proclaimed ones! I just flew - crashed - mended - improved.
I found Pete's vids very inspiring as I was returning to the RC thing after 25 yrs absence.
I re-learned; flew fast edfs then began to get into mild 3d... I've just had a few months off as it was getting a bit 'expensive' trying different 3d models etc...
I'm re-inspired though after a break and f*ck a duck; who or what has re-kindled my enthusiam?
Pete!! Ha, ha.. flying his big Edge 540 - self-depreciating as usual about his skills - but it's a great short video, not as dry as some robotic 3d sequences.. OK he gets awefully close to getting a haircut, but - oh well..
Thanks man....
Billy Whiz
BillyWhiz is offline Find More Posts by BillyWhiz
Old Jul 02, 2014, 03:15 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
I took advantage of their current sale and bought a battery for myself and a ducted fan plane for either myself or a club raffle. I am looking forward to the Dornier DO 27 to review which should arrive soon. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2014, 03:26 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,362 Posts
Michael

Wait t thought they were OUT of Business LOL!

I wish them all the luck in the world they were missed this year at RCX hope they bounce back strong we need more Hobby Stores in CA...
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 02, 2014, 03:29 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,570 Posts
My 2 cents

Pete's Vids along with others like Antonio , is also what helped me get back into the hobby. Did not know about planes being foam and knew nothing about Lipo batteries.....did allot of reading about it before getting in

I also have had no help from clubs , none would even return a call or allow you in a locked gate to get an information. And many self proclaimed experts here on this forum,all they do is berate people and talk foolishness . And change their position, from thread to thread.

there are good people here, but there are also many who just like boasting about how great they are and all they know...but soon after you see what they say on each topic you learn their knowledge is only in their own minds.

Thank God for those here who are knowledgeable and also are willing to help, but not berate those who need it, when they tell them the issues they are having or have had.

Even some of the best Like Pete and Antonia crash...but yet these self claimed experts say they are beyond making mistakes and crashing......when they make those claims it's time to IGNORE them...and move on.

Glad the Banana guys are in Business, I have never had an issue with their products nor their Customer Service as many have complained about.............in fact I have no real issues with any vendor, nor their Customer Service.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2014
78 Posts
Thank you all for your support! I have read the comment regarding the videos, and I'm happy to say that we will be releasing more within the coming weeks. Many new items will be available this summer along with what has already arrived such as the 2400mm Dimona Glider, and we are very excited to get footage of it!
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Aug 01, 2014, 06:57 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,139 Posts
I wish I could test some models with you guys. Been out of work for a long time. I love to put planes together and fly them.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Aug 01, 2014, 07:00 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCSR ALEX View Post
Thank you all for your support! I have read the comment regarding the videos, and I'm happy to say that we will be releasing more within the coming weeks. Many new items will be available this summer along with what has already arrived such as the 2400mm Dimona Glider, and we are very excited to get footage of it!
GOOD to hear.....and Thank You for them.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:57 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,222 Posts
I have never had one oz of bad service from BH . Order LX P40 , Wildcat, retracts , parts etc .
I am very anal on what I want in a plane and very vocal and I have been very happy with the planes I have purchased .
One of the biggest voices in this thread about very bad business thing on BH is surly located in the NY area, banned from RC Groups, RCU and other sites for stating service and Chapter 11 issues that are actually more possible in his Hobby Distribution company then in BH .
If you see my post and critique of the LX P40 and the tiny servos you will see I am honest and open and also come back later in the very same thread and say " I was wrong" the digital servos were proven in the field to be very reliable.
My point is , BH is a solid distributor connected with the hobby and I wish them the best , I only wish that LX will come out with a 79" Corsair , the P40 is a real winner
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm