SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 07:46 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
How would I reset the Naza to defaults? Just by the restore defaults button? I tried that and I didn't see a difference.

I have everything setup correctly, so I think. Here are some pictures of my setup. I will take a video tomorrow to show you exactly what happens. Thanks!

Also, would the GPS mounting have anything to do with ATTI mode? Curious because I thought that the GPS was only in use when in GPS ATTI mode?

The wire hanging free was the positive lead for the ESCs, I had it taped up during flight but just removed the tape. Also, my camera gimbal is not mounted since it snapped off after my last test flight (zip tied on).

Oh yeah...front of the quad is to the right in all the pictures...
The compass is up there too, used in both modes. Mowee is correct, you gotta use the tape supplied or something similar, straps won't work.
Let us know what the assistant says about your compass and gyro values, anything weird there?
Supreme Balloon is online now Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Supreme Balloon; Today at 07:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:49 PM
United States, NJ, Flemington
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowee View Post
your NAZA must be securely taped down with the thin 3M VHB tape.
No strapping it down. That alone would not be nearly stable enough.
Also your ESC should all have ground and signal hooked up in my opinion.
Could having it strapped down really cause it to flip out? I just didn't want to do anything permanent until I was sure all was working. The velcro strap is very secure. I strapped the KK2 board down as well and it operated fine.
Could I use some 2.5mm foam tape or do I need the VHB tape?

I will tape it down tomorrow and test more, that would be awesome if that is what is causing it.
observer is online now Find More Posts by observer
Old Today, 08:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Could having it strapped down really cause it to flip out? I just didn't want to do anything permanent until I was sure all was working. The velcro strap is very secure. I strapped the KK2 board down as well and it operated fine.
Could I use some 2.5mm foam tape or do I need the VHB tape?

I will tape it down tomorrow and test more, that would be awesome if that is what is causing it.
I can assure you the strapping down has nothing to do with the flipping. I have tried all kinds of tapes, thick and thin. No difference provided vibrations are at the minimum.
If I were you I would try a test flight in atti mode without the GPS module(completely detached) to narrow down the probable cause of the flipping.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Today, 08:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
I can assure you the strapping down has nothing to do with the flipping. I have tried all kinds of tapes, thick and thin. No difference provided vibrations are at the minimum.
If I were you I would try a test flight in atti mode without the GPS module(completely detached) to narrow down the probable cause of the flipping.
I tried with the GPS module completely disconnected with the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Balloon View Post
The compass is up there too, used in both modes. Mowee is correct, you gotta use the tape supplied or something similar, straps won't work.
Let us know what the assistant says about your compass and gyro values, anything weird there?
Hi, I bought it used, so it didn't come with tape.

I attached a screen shot of the assistant. Not sure exactly what is considered abnormal values.
Last edited by observer; Today at 08:11 PM.
Old Today, 09:11 PM
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
445 Posts
I'd double check your mounting location setup. Based on your photo the X should be positive (cm!) Y should be '0' and Z should be negative. I also noticed you are using carbon fiber props. For troubleshooting , I recommend changing them to APCs slow flyer props. For some reason or other, some Naza quads 'misbehaves' with carbon props and magically 'cured' when switching to APC props. Your copter almost behaves as if its in open loop or very high gain. The gains should be somewhere between 100-200. Setting the gain(s) to 20 is perhaps way too low. Maybe try somewheres around 100. When setting your gain, you might try backspacing from beyond the number entry just in case there is some hidden entry in the box. You also might try reloading the software to an earlier version, like 2.02. Oh, it should be slow green fl;ashes after the the rapid flashes on version 2.02.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
Old Today, 09:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhokita View Post
I'd double check your mounting location setup. Based on your photo the X should be positive (cm!) Y should be '0' and Z should be negative. I also noticed you are using carbon fiber props. For troubleshooting , I recommend changing them to APCs slow flyer props. For some reason or other, some Naza quads 'misbehaves' with carbon props and magically 'cured' when switching to APC props. Your copter almost behaves as if its in open loop or very high gain. The gains should be somewhere between 100-200. Setting the gain(s) to 20 is perhaps way too low. Maybe try somewheres around 100. When setting your gain, you might try backspacing from beyond the number entry just in case there is some hidden entry in the box. You also might try reloading the software to an earlier version, like 2.02. Oh, it should be slow green fl;ashes after the the rapid flashes on version 2.02.
Yes, I have my GPS position set to X: 10cm, Y: 0cm, Z: -10cm.

I only have 10x4.7 apc props which I don't think are big enough to give me enough lift with my 700kv motors. (Just ordered some Neewer 12x3.8 APC props off amazon...had no idea they carried them haha)

For gains, I have tried 120 (default), 135, 125, 110, 100, 95, 90, and 85. Each without any noticeable difference.

How would I go about down grading? I am currently at V4.02. Would the current Assistant software work still? Thanks!
Last edited by observer; Today at 09:56 PM.
Old Today, 11:23 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined May 2005
310 Posts
You may want to double check that your esc's are connected to the correct naza port regardless if the motor is spinning in the right direction and props installed correctly.

Front left = M2
Front right = M1
Rear left = M3
Rear right = M4
jmc67 is offline Find More Posts by jmc67