HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
@Ian what UHF system dó you use? How about a Unit for test and review.
Oooh, that sounds nice! I have a Futaba 8FG and DragonLink

I'm the chap who wrote the article below when I had a DX7, but I'm liking this repeater concept very much!

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/03/17...ezuhf-or-tlrs/
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Send mé a PM with your address a Unit Will be shipped tomorrow.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:06 PM
Alicante, España
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
I want the 12 channels, but in 2.4 there are not 12 channels. What if I use my 2.4 transmitter Turnigy 9 channels, with the custom firmware that let me transmit 12 channels, so I buy a receptor with a sppm output that I can connect to this : http://www.foxtechfpv.com/rmilec-ppm...ter-p-403.html

And this, to the UHF repeater. So I have the 12 channels from only one transmiter. Am I right?
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:10 PM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,079 Posts
Curious how and why this thing is right in the middle of the UHF Ham band.
TomM is online now Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Here are just a small video.
FPVlongrange Repeater system (3 min 38 sec)
John Jensen is offline Find More Posts by John Jensen
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Hi,
433MHz is an ISM band for many countries (as is 868MHz) and is often under strict EIRP levels to comply so that a multitude of short range users can exist in a limited area. Garage door openers, and general keyless entry devices often use this band and with limited power and momentary operation there is little chance of mutual interference but this repeater is full time operation.
Is there a specification for the power output or EIRP with the supplied antenna?
If several users had such a device on the same frequency in the same area is there an increased chance of mutual interference over the original spread spectrum 2.4GHz signal?

Cheers,
David
KiwiDavid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiDavid
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jensen View Post
Here are just a small video.
Is it just me or is it a quite noticeable lag between stick input and servo output? Which brings me to this question, exactly how much latency does this system really add? I noticed Hooks earlier reply that there is lag but it's not noticeable. Well, if it's noticeable or not is highly individual and latency builds up so even a small increase might feel to be much more in the end. There must be able to get a minimum and maximum latency number.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:23 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDavid View Post
433MHz is an ISM band for many countries ...
The name withstanding, the FPVlongrange UHF repeater does not transmit a radio signal on any frequency so such discussions are off-topic in this thread.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Last edited by FpvKiwi; Apr 03, 2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added quotin
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:36 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDavid View Post
Hi,
433MHz is an ISM band for many countries (as is 868MHz) and is often under strict EIRP levels to comply so that a multitude of short range users can exist in a limited area. Garage door openers, and general keyless entry devices often use this band and with limited power and momentary operation there is little chance of mutual interference but this repeater is full time operation.
Is there a specification for the power output or EIRP with the supplied antenna?
If several users had such a device on the same frequency in the same area is there an increased chance of mutual interference over the original spread spectrum 2.4GHz signal?

Cheers,
David
In the US 70cm band can be used by HAMs (part 97) at higher power levels. (up to 50W PEP except in specific regions near the Canadian border)
Only license free operation (part 15) has extremely low power limits.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:45 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Is it just me or is it a quite noticeable lag between stick input and servo output? Which brings me to this question, exactly how much latency does this system really add? I noticed Hooks earlier reply that there is lag but it's not noticeable. Well, if it's noticeable or not is highly individual and latency builds up so even a small increase might feel to be much more in the end. There must be able to get a minimum and maximum latency number.
Watching the unit by itself in that video, there does appear to be noticeable latency, but when viewing the comparison with a simple 2.4 GHz RX set-up (1:24 -> 1:50 in the video) the latency (for most FPV applications) would appear negligible.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:13 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Jep! you are right of cause there will be delay when you repeat a signal the way the FPV repeater system does, But as I mentioned before, this is absolutly not a problem when flying FPV. The system is not made for 3D Heli flying. But with Mulitcopter it's perfect.

The project started out as a experiment but after some test and test again, it really proved it worked just the way it was surpose to. (it worked so good John and Jesper (two nerds) desided to share with you all) Of cause if you only need 8 Ch for your setup, don't buy this device.

I just think if it works for me it might also work for you. So if you see you can use this FPV repeater system for your own project and setup I'm sure you won't regreat.

Like all other FPV stuff (It's better to have a need not, than to need a have not)

Last edited by Hooks; Apr 03, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:47 AM
Alicante, España
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
Hello, I think I am going to buy one, but I want to have the 12 channles in only one transmiter, Can I do what I mentoned before, 3 or 4 post back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Jep! you are right of cause there will be delay when you repeat a signal the way the FPV repeater system does, But as I mentioned before, this is absolutly not a problem when flying FPV. The system is not made for 3D Heli flying. But with Mulitcopter it's perfect.

The project started out as a experiment but after some test and test again, it really proved it worked just the way it was surpose to. (it worked so good John and Jesper (two nerds) desided to share with you all) Of cause if you only need 8 Ch for your setup, don't buy this device.

I just think if it works for me it might also work for you. So if you see you can use this FPV repeater system for your own project and setup I'm sure you won't regreat.

Like all other FPV stuff (It's better to have a need not, than to need a have not)

catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamar View Post
Hello, I think I am going to buy one, but I want to have the 12 channles in only one transmiter, Can I do what I mentoned before, 3 or 4 post back?
To have 12 ch you need to use dragonlink UHF.

Regards
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:57 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,599 Posts
Why not TSLRS?
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamar View Post
I want the 12 channels, but in 2.4 there are not 12 channels. What if I use my 2.4 transmitter Turnigy 9 channels, with the custom firmware that let me transmit 12 channels, so I buy a receptor with a sppm output that I can connect to this : http://www.foxtechfpv.com/rmilec-ppm...ter-p-403.html

And this, to the UHF repeater. So I have the 12 channels from only one transmiter. Am I right?
catamar, if you make your Tx output 12ch, you can connect the LRS module directly to the Tx and get 12ch, without extra devices (as long as the 12ch format is compatible). If you do want to control the LRS module wirelessly, your 2.4GHz system needs to be capable of accepting 12ch. I don't think many systems are capable of that so read up on your particular link brand before trying.

The purpose of the UHF repeater is to combine 12 servo signals into one PPM signal and to power a Rx with 5V. Once you have the PPM signal, just feed it to the LRS module. Some people use a long cable between the Tx and the module to place the module somewhere else.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi