SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:23 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Does anyone know what the black fuel line is called and a good place to pick some up?
I need to us it form the T to the smoke taps on my mufflers.
The yellow tygon is melting.
Viton tubing: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...7&postcount=18
It's in the list: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49244
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:31 PM
Watts is where its at!
Joined Oct 2004
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Behold fellow Mob members! The first look ever at the AVALANCHE 15000 Watt ESC. This is the first article, still have lots of steps to take before the validation is complete and it becomes available. Just thought you should be the first to see it, comments and suggestions are welcome. One I'm thinking over is whether to use red heatshrink around the caps instead of black. Might add some "punch" but it might take away from the no nonsense look I'm shooting for. Also considering a dark fan screen as shown in the concept drawing as opposed to the silver perf. These kinds of decisions can have a real impact and I might as well be color blind as far as my opinion goes.
Kick Ass! Looks good to me.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:19 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362802578.026769.jpg
Views: 42
Size: 122.5 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362802588.256781.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 122.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362802613.609669.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 76.7 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362802714.557473.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 132.3 KB
Description:

Had a bucket of fun today guys! Uguly betty never let's me down!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:26 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,845 Posts
needs some wheel pants, funny thing, I do love to go close to my plane hovering too, haha!

or

JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:56 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Flarp..the leg thing..To hold the pup back?
lol
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:57 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Kick Ass! Looks good to me.
Thanks Racer!

Here's the latest installment of the great Lipo smack down: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post24367512

FLARPY: you look like your passing gas in a couple of the photos Nice flying dude, I reeeaaally want to be able to do that too!! Soon, very soon now. I can pretty much hover my CYL so it's just a matter of time until I can do it with my Slick 120

JOHN: Is that you on the sticks?
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:58 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,845 Posts
Quote:

JOHN: Is that you on the sticks?
Yessir
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:02 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,845 Posts
3DF super edge prototype.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362808904.979891.jpg
Views: 57
Size: 172.7 KB
Description:
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:21 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
You're a bad man! You're a very bad man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Karma is a biotch isn't it Vitter!!

LOL
Quote:
he's gotta pack up and head home now. No more flying the bat plane today for him
Well I thought it would be funny to tease you guys with those pics today but Karma reached back and b**** slapped me The stinger on the end of one of my canister fell off So after a little chat with Karma she did me right. I got the stinger welding back on for 20 bucks and I didn't have to wait for it to be done. I was back at the field in the air again about an hour and a half later. I'm paid karma back by paying Steve at ACT Welding 30 bucks instead of the 20 he wanted to charge me and told him I would recommend him to anybody who needs some welding done.

ACT design and fabrication.
16024 Highway 9 SE
Clearview, WA 98296
Steve is the owner and a great guy. 360-668-6562

Quote:
Behold fellow Mob members! The first look ever at the AVALANCHE 15000 Watt ESC. This is the first article, still have lots of steps to take before the validation is complete and it becomes available. Just thought you should be the first to see it, comments and suggestions are welcome. One I'm thinking over is whether to use red heatshrink around the caps instead of black. Might add some "punch" but it might take away from the no nonsense look I'm shooting for. Also considering a dark fan screen as shown in the concept drawing as opposed to the silver perf. These kinds of decisions can have a real impact and I might as well be color blind as far as my opinion goes.
Joe - I think it looks clean and mean just like it is. I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Attachment 5598847Attachment 5598848Attachment 5598853Attachment 5598855

Had a bucket of fun today guys! Uguly betty never let's me down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
needs some wheel pants, funny thing, I do love to go close to my plane hovering too, haha!

or

Awesome pics guys!
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:46 AM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Well I thought it would be funny to tease you guys with those pics today but Karma reached back and b**** slapped me The stinger on the end of one of my canister fell off
Glad that's all it was. I saw Steve at MARC this eve and he was under the impression you had lost the plane . Glad that wasn't the case.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:56 AM
Joined Apr 2007
441 Posts
Quote:
Flarp..the leg thing..To hold the pup back?
lol
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:15 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Noooo just doin a stupid dance.
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:30 AM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
954 Posts
Quote:
No offense taken Cry, I wanted honest feedback

I think the black perf might be the way to go. The blue LED idea won't cost much at all so it's doable. I'm just wondering if that would be attractive to the typical buyer

I'll do a sample unit with the white heat shrink and the black screen perf so we can see how it looks. It might go well with the white graphics. Can't do much about the caps. I did think about it initially but the one's used are rated for 125 deg C where as the typical high temp caps are 100. I opted for the more robust approach which stuck me with the orange. The silk screen is fixed, everybody had a chance on that with the concept drawing, which had wide approval so now that's locked in.
Sometimes a picture is better than words. A crude attempt but you can visualize the stripes which could be done in white trim on the top of the caps only, rather than silk screening. It might give the ESC a greater visual impact for marketing only. The stripes give it the subliminal look of a killer bee or a killer ESC!

However If you changed nothing it would still look better than anything else on the market. Great work Joe!
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; May 08, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:34 AM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,028 Posts
+ 1 to that Joe

Vitter you lucked out finding a guy to only charge you $30 most heli ark (tig) welders have a minimum $75 to do any work at all.

I found this last year to to try out . looks easy but it is hard http://www.muggyweld.com/aluminum-plate-welding
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Mar 09, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:11 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Brought the Extreme Flight 48in Extra out for its maiden and a couple of sunset/night flights.

She flew well, but had some wing rock that I was not expecting in this airframe.

These particular lights really take some getting use to as some angles flying at night are difficult to tell your orientation. The marker lights will really help.

I pushed it last night and lost orientation on the third flight with low slow stalled manuevers and experienced some fuse damage Should be a easy repair... just takes time as you know.

Good to see Robert, Steve and Larry at MARC last night.

Planning on being at the field later today with the 60in Extra and 59in Slick.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Last edited by gabrielisrael; Mar 09, 2013 at 11:31 AM.