SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:14 AM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I see, thanks, also the engine is mounted inverted
thanks again for the help
and being a UCD the tank is most likely higher than the carb, (normal mount location)... unless you took special effort to put it low in the fuse
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:19 AM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne are you an Daniel having a twist flyin?
Nope, not yet, we are 8,480,350 feet from each other (as the plane flies)

that's a little over 1600 miles if you scratching your head.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Last edited by mt_flyer; Aug 06, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:37 AM
Registered User
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
that'd take forever the way mine flys now. fuse is twisted in 2 so it don't fly anymore lol.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:40 AM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
that'd take forever the way mine flys now. fuse is twisted in 2 so it don't fly anymore lol.
WHAT???
how'd that happen??? it flew too good before
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:49 AM
Registered User
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
I had pulled the engine to do some repair. the cheeks were starting to wobble in the propwash so I worked it over before the firewall came out. Neglected to reprime the carb after getting it back together and it didn't like going a week with a dry carb in the heat. Tryed to turn at too low of airspeed with wind and no altitude. Right wingtip caught and flipped it to left tip which then slammed it back to the right tip. Tail decided to continue left and visit the nose. prop didn't break and the nose stayed solid lol.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:57 AM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
I had pulled the engine to do some repair. the cheeks were starting to wobble in the propwash so I worked it over before the firewall came out. Neglected to reprime the carb after getting it back together and it didn't like going a week with a dry carb in the heat. Tryed to turn at too low of airspeed with wind and no altitude. Right wingtip caught and flipped it to left tip which then slammed it back to the right tip. Tail decided to continue left and visit the nose. prop didn't break and the nose stayed solid lol.
ouch! sorry to hear about that.. she was a good flyer, that's rough and on a gravel runway to boot...
we have an offer at Grants Pass, who knows
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
yea it's been a lot of fun. haven't decided whether to fix it get something new. had it about 3 years now and ran that engine in it for 2. Wife has bought several pairs of shoes in that time so I should be due a new plane lol.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 07:20 AM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
yea it's been a lot of fun. haven't decided whether to fix it get something new. had it about 3 years now and ran that engine in it for 2. Wife has bought several pairs of shoes in that time so I should be due a new plane lol.

ROFLMAO!!!!! i agree new plane and rebuild
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 08:42 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I was just googleing my problem and I am useing really old fuel I got at a garage sale. I wonder if that is the problem?

will get some new fuel and see what happens.

glow plug is new and came with the engine, I will try a new plug as well

factory set low end nedle valve should not need adjusting from the factory

I thing the ucando 60 and the 61os is not a powerfull enough combo, my ucan do seem like it needed a much larger engine

I can see now why you guys put on a 61 on the 40 sized twist

the 61 seems to have lots of more power than the 46
A new from the box OS61 should just start and run. NEVER, EVER use junk fuel. Change the fuel and it should run fine unless you sucked some junk into the carb from the "garage sale" fuel.

Also, only "fix" one thing at a time. You can wind up making more problems than you solve. Change the fuel and retest. You are breaking it in so it is brand new, right? The LSN should be fine if someone has not messed around with it. Get some nice 15% nitro like Omega.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 06, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:59 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
ouch! sorry to hear about that.. she was a good flyer, that's rough and on a gravel runway to boot...
we have an offer at Grants Pass, who knows
I have some family that lives around there and one of them flies RC for probly 20 years. If you end up there I will have to put you guys in touch.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 10:38 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Also, only "fix" one thing at a time. You can wind up making more problems than you solve. Change the fuel and retest. You are breaking it in so it is brand new, right? The LSN should be fine if someone has not messed around with it. Get some nice 15% nitro like Omega.
Wise words to live by, NOT limited to this hobby. +1 Wayne
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 10:39 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,592 Posts
thanks guys for the help

will get some new fuel today
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:00 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
What a day at the field.... lost 2 mustangs, and Edge, and a trainer...
my UCD is suffering some kind on interference... uncommanded throttle....tried a new rx still there.. next will try a servo.. I guess I can mix digitals and an analog for throttle??
if I hold the sticks in some other positition other tha neutral the problem goes away..
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:15 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Dave if new fuel dosn't solve your problem send that puppy back
O yeah how does your other engines run on that old fuel
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2011, 03:42 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
What a day at the field.... lost 2 mustangs, and Edge, and a trainer...
my UCD is suffering some kind on interference... uncommanded throttle....tried a new rx still there.. next will try a servo.. I guess I can mix digitals and an analog for throttle??
if I hold the sticks in some other positition other tha neutral the problem goes away..
That sounds ugly my friend, I would be putting my stuff away and looking for some witch doc to remove the curse at that field.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM