SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2015, 10:18 AM
Joined Jun 2013
14 Posts
Discussion
Vector / Fixed Wing - throttle shutting off?

I have my vector setup on a surfer 1500 from ReadyMadeRC using an EzUHF RX.
I'm having weird issues with my motor shutting off. I did a bench test where I ran the motor wide open for 5 minutes and nothing seemed to get hot.

Yesterday I launched flew out about 200 feet and engaged loiter. The plane circled about 4 times and then all of a sudden it stopped circling. The motor shut off and it started gliding in a straight line and probably would have landed if I didn't take control back.

On another flight after about 15 minutes of flying (with more than 11.5 volts left on lipo) the motor cut out and I had to land. After it was on the ground the motor started right back up.

Any one have any idea what might be going on or how to isolate it?
I have a lot in the mix- ezUHF, Vector and cheap ESC / Motor that came with the ready to fly plane kit.
fahrvergnuugen is offline Find More Posts by fahrvergnuugen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 09:43 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
627 Posts
Hello,

Please open a support ticket and provide your config and log files and we will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:27 PM
Joined Jun 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET View Post
Hello,

Please open a support ticket and provide your config and log files and we will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John
Thanks John. I haven't been able to reproduce it in order to capture the log files off the Vector. I've flown around 40 minutes since then (including 5 minutes of loiter ) and it hasn't done anything unexpected.

If it does It again I'll make sure I get the log file!
fahrvergnuugen is offline Find More Posts by fahrvergnuugen