HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Heli-Max 200 FP V-cam RTF

Indoor/Outdoor fun!

Splash

720p DVR camera, Day and Night!

The 200 FP-VCam copter is a stable flyer for most pilots, even if you have no flying experience. The 200 FP-V Cam is designed to be flown indoors and out, day time and evenings. The blades have small LEDs built in the tips that light up during your flight and allow you to see the copter in low light conditions.

With the on board 720p camera you can take photos, and record video of the path you fly through the house and around the trees in the back yard. Afterwards you can transfer the images and videos to your computer via the micro SD card and USB adapter included in the combo. The included transmitter allows you to step up in the learning process with different rates on a switch. Included 1000 mAh battery with this RTF combo, and its a fast and easy way to get started flying helicopters at your own pace.

Features

• Assembled 200 fixed-pitch heli with 45░ offset flybar system.
  • 7.4V 1000mAh LiPo battery and balancing charger.
  • Rotor blades with LEDs.
  • Dual rates.
  • Ultra-stable rotor head design.
  • 720p HD digital video/still camera.
  • USB card reader.
  • 2GB memory card.

For more information on the product click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Oct 08, 2014 at 11:58 PM..

Discussion

Old Oct 09, 2014, 12:49 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,288 Posts
A neat looking heli, but the problem is that with a fixed-pitch 45-degree flybar, it means it has to be flown when there's almost no wind outside. That also means the heli will probably move forward a few feet and then pendulum back to its starting point, like most other 45-degree offset flybar designs.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:15 AM
United States, OK, Burneyville
Joined Aug 2013
15 Posts
that figgers there is all ways something i was looking at one to
russ landreth is offline Find More Posts by russ landreth
Old Jan 07, 2015, 12:22 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
3,217 Posts
Just got mine. It is interesting/odd to see a flybar on itů they must've went with a flybar, instead of flybarless, for a reason. Not sure what that reason is though.

I haven't flown it yet, but I will report back with my findings when I do.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:19 AM
Joined Jun 2014
36 Posts
Any flight reports yet? I hate my Blade 200 SRX paper weight sitting on my desk.
CARMELHILL is online now Find More Posts by CARMELHILL
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:13 AM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,447 Posts
They put a 45 degree flybar to make it stable for the camera. My v912 is also a 45' flybar and it's able to handle a good amount of wind. It does not pendulum back when you move forward, you're thinking of a 4ch coaxial that does that. This heli should fly very similar to the v912, yes a report back would be great.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:39 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
This is the Helimax version of the Nine Eagles 232A.
The 232A is a re-release of the old 228P, all they did was add a full fuselage and a camera, the rest is the same except for the led's in the blades.
I actually like this base design as it's the also the same as the old Walkera CB180.
Curious how some manufacturers choose to vamp up one of their old lineup to appeal to another section of the market (fpv).
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:42 AM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,447 Posts
I read though that the tail gear breaks easy like every 4 to 5 flights.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:49 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,466 Posts
the older Heli-Max Novus 200 F P was a Walkera rebrand and same for little Novus c/p.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 21, 2015, 02:06 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I read though that the tail gear breaks easy like every 4 to 5 flights.
The tail gears are certainly fragile, just like the CB180.
If the tail rotor touches the grass/ground, they generally don't survive.
Some folks installed a direct drive tail motor on CB180's to alleviate the issue, but mine is still stock... until I run out of tail gears.
It seems like there is always a deficiency in micros, regardless of brand, model or cost.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 06:12 PM
Joined Jun 2014
36 Posts
How is it, there are pages and pages of comments on the Blade 200 srx but not even a full page on this heli? Is the Blade website so good at advertising? Is the Blade 200 that much better? Or does Heli-Max's website just suck at making people salivate at new offerings.

My LHS has the 200 FPV and I was seriously thinking about it because my Blade 200 is wrought with problems, but no pilot reports on the helimax leads me to seriously doubt it. Maybe I should concentrate my summers on kitesurfing instead.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:59 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
How is it, there are pages and pages of comments on the Blade 200 srx but not even a full page on this heli?
Because a larger percentage the hobby crowd always runs after the latest and purportedly greatest of what's released, so you get a lot of posts, reviews etc.
Only a handful of sentimentalists, or those who aren't familiar with the model, are interested in old designs that have been rehashed.
If you saw my post above, I mentioned what it is under the F3C style fuselage, a Nine Eagles 228P, which is a copy of the even older Walkera CB180.
Look those up and what you read about them will carry over to this one.
Here are two pics of what's actually under the fuselage.

Name: ne-sp228p.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 87.3 KB
Description: Name: 2.png
Views: 9
Size: 296.1 KB
Description:
Last edited by mono; Jan 31, 2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2015, 06:36 AM
Joined Jun 2014
36 Posts
Thanks for that info. I'm going to look into it. The Nine Eagles for $94 seems like a good deal for a 200 size beginner-intermediate heli. Still flybared but it'll be more fun then constantly fixing and upgrading my Blade 200.
Old Feb 02, 2015, 10:13 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,466 Posts
FWIW Nine Eagles/ Heli-Max are same company. Solo-pro is n/E brand. Parts are fragile and they use old designs. Now this heli may be just fine, but the Blade dispite your dislike is much better. If you look at forum there is very little about Solo-pro/ Heli-max. Their Scale birds ended up mostly with bad reviews dispite high cost. Quads make better birds for FPV. Don't take my word for it and get one good luck if you do.
I bought awhile back MD 530 Scale FBL F/P Heli-max. five fight main motor was toast. New motor is ok. Heli flys slow but Scale like. Lights on it are big plus. Local H/S had bnf for $40.00 and worked out for me. It bound to Tatic 600 TX.
i bought that TX a long time ago and at least get some use out of it. So again maybne heli here is fine, but there are much better.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:11 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
3,217 Posts
Here is my review:

Heli-Max - 200 FP V-Cam - Review and Flight (13 min 47 sec)
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman