Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:12 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirbech View Post
Oh I have been enjoying the Mossie. I have had it for 3 years now, and still get a kick out of see the reactions that people have when I bring it out to fly. It is fun to have people come up to me after I land and ask me why it is so quiet and see the look on their faces when I tell that it is electric. I MHO this is one of the best planes that CMP has ever produced. Still love it today as much as I did the first time I saw it, as you can see from my Avatar pic.....
I have the BH mozzie, been flying it for a year now, pretty good attention getter.

Really nice model. Now I have to scale her up with weathering, mud guards, gear doors etc..
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, VA, York
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Could you post photos of the sound system set up?
Waltbird is offline Find More Posts by Waltbird
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:34 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
mine is finally done. however, it isnt electric
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:33 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
691 Posts
Wow, seems that although the thread is a little slow over the last 6 years, most of the planes are still going strong!
Which means....I want one

Does anyone know where I can get one from? I am not interested in nitro planes, they do not cater for international buyers, and their global rate reflects this US$189 plane, US$210 shipping.

Anyone know a decent alternative source? Tried ak models too....OOS
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:56 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,214 Posts
Check with CMP to get a list of their resellers.
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:13 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
691 Posts
Already done that

Of concern is that it does not appear on their website, looks to be disco'd
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2004
80 Posts
CMP Mosquite NF MkII

So here is my Mossie, getting ready for final assembly. I've gone with the early NF MkII paint scheme, before they went to a medium grey.

Molded a custom nose bubble with 4 machine guns like the real one out of abs.

Has 4 scale gear doors offset with pin hinges, driven by 1 hs-55 each. I will have to use a gear door sequencer as my dx-7 doesn't support any of that fancy stuff.

I want to do removable wings so I just mounted a servo on the outside flaps, and kept the bell-crank on the center.

I'm using rcskylite struts. I know the real one had fork struts, but its difficult to locate fors struts that will clear a 41/2" wheel.

Specs:
2x Eflite Power 46
2x 60A Eflite escs
2x 5s 5000 mounted in the nose behind the machine guns
4x hs-225 (airlerons and outboard flaps)
3x hs-311 (inboard flap and retract servos)
4x hs-55 (gear doors)
2x hs 455 (elevator and rudder)

Not sure what to prop it with yet, but im thinking MAS 12x8 contra rotating.
dennissteir is online now Find More Posts by dennissteir
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Oct 2004
80 Posts
Retracts

Here are the struts im using. From rcskylite. They sent me the incorrect stems that go into the retracts, I sent them an email and a day later they apologized and told me they were sending me a new pair, and that I could keep the originals. What customer service!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
691 Posts
Good job on the conversion, looks to be a good 'un!

Since RC Skylite were good enough to send you a new set of struts, can you not use the 'incorrect' ones to fashion a 'fake' fork to add to it. The Hobbyking Mossie uses this setup on theirs, not really a comparison on the model, but could be a good idea for looks alone....all the wieght will be on the one strut, and the other just creates an illusion of a fork.

Just an idea, your plane looks very nice. I would love to get one of these.

On the power source,....is 2 x 5000 5S not too much weight in it? I am not an electrice expert, but the power 46's might be ok on a single 5S....
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Oct 2004
80 Posts
That's a good idea, I might try to fashion some kind of link between the units to make something semi scale.

As far as I've heard this thing needs a freight train of nose weight. I'll experiment with some packs, no rx pack as I'm using a bec, and see what the best combo is. I'd rather have extra battery than lead!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
691 Posts
Makes sense for sure, as I say, I dont have one, I am living the mossie dream through those that have one....

I am sure you have done some investigation into the power required, but I am just comparing my results with a electrified T-34 mentor. I have the Power 60 in it (OVERKILL) and it is a temp situation, but at 400Kv it just does not have the revs to move it quickly or to focus the power. I have tried 11x7, 11x9, 11.5x9.2 props to try and breathe some guts into it, but I am now limited to ground clearance...will try and 11x8 3 blader and see if that helps.....not to get off topic here, but with one 6S 5000mah I get 3, 7-minute flights out of it before it gets to storage voltages Even if I had two of these 60's in it, I would expect at least one 7 minute flight out of that pack....the 46's are bound to use less.

Maybe a solution would be to put a single 5S in there....as far forward as possible, and then use a small 11.1V pack as ballast and to power the BEC.....

Just reflecting some ideas...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Oct 2004
80 Posts
I think the 46s are at their peak on 5s. From what I've seen you have to be careful on anything over 4s. The problem is the fuselage clearance, it will really only clear a 12 inch prop, some of the guys here are taking bigger props and cutting them down for a bigger airfoil. So my hope was 5s on a smaller prop, more revs less amps.

I was also looking at this guy for a single battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...po%5FPack.html
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Two shorter packs will get the weight farther forward.

Looks like Nitro still has this one.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/demotw2573en.html
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:39 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Contact these guys a call for landing gear. They might have something.
http://www.thelikesline.com/
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:04 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
691 Posts
Can anyone recommend a suitable motor that will run on 6S for this bird. Been searching through the HK offerings, and all the 46 size motors seem to be limited to 5S.

I dont want to have to buy new batteries, I already have some 6S 5000mah packs that I would prefer to use.

Thanks in advance.