Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 28, 2013, 03:04 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,664 Posts
I would like to thank everyone that answered all of my questions. I had a bunch of questions and was not shy asking them. I plan to make good use of the questions for the FAQ thread I have created:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374959

Every single person was very willing to answer my questions. I don't know if anyone reading this is interested in F3B but hasn't tried it but if you are this is a great group of folks. I don't know if I will ever get a chance to fly F3B but I am real glad I got to see it.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2013, 03:56 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,068 Posts
Ryan,

It was our pleasure to answer any of your questions!

You more than repaid us by siting on base B and pressing buttons while we were doing speed runs. I hope you had a good time doing it...

I think watching speed runs is the most exciting part...

Tim
ttraver is online now Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2013, 04:11 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,664 Posts
I had an awesome time at base B. Thanks for posting those scores. I didn't really know what planes people were flying (with a few exceptions of some planes that were unique) and I was so focused on making sure I was ready to push the button that I didn't really have much feel for what the times were, who was doing well, what is a good technique versus a bad technique, etc. In my head I have ideas on what the best turns were but I'm not really sure still. Going back and looking at the scores and thinking what planes I remember belonging to who helps fill in a tiny amount of the details I think.

It was very enlightening. Well worth my time to come out and help. I hope in the future if other F3B events like this are in Muncie that other relatively local folks like me (I'm about 50 miles away) do the same.

Maybe this contest could become another World Cup some day?

Ryan
Old May 30, 2013, 08:57 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Holy smokes what a weekend. I want to start by thanking a bunch of people for giving up their personal time to ensure the success of the event. First of all Rich Burnoski. I know what efforts it takes to get it all going, selecting an available field, rounding up a CD and volunteers, batteries...... Thank you. Thanks to Bill Christian, Johnny Berlin, Hugh, Rich's Daughter and Husband, Ryan, and anyone else I missed that came out and helped call turns. F3B just doesn't happen without volunteers.

Thank you to my team mates Tom and Glauco. Tom is an amazing world class pilot, and an even better team mate. Congrats on kicking our but and showing us how it is done. A gigantic thank you to Glauco. He drove from Saint Louis to Muncie with all of our gear and line, but also all the timing equipment for the contest. You are the man. It was great seeing your improvement over the contest. You rocked duration, and had the best distance round I have ever seen you fly. The 26 lap run was awesome. Very well flown, you extracted all there was from the condition. Great job.

A big congrats to Tim and Tom Cooke. You guys each got your first speed win. I know the feeling. There is nothing better. Great job guys. Tim your practice on the speed course is really paying off. Now we need to see you at the local TD comps with your precision. Great job Cookie. For a while now, I havent been able to discount your competition on the distance course, and now I can't discount you on the speed course either. That is really fantastic. I look forward to you sucking in Reto for some real training. Actually, I am kinda scared to see where you two can go with some dedicated training.

Tim your scoring program is OUTSTANDING! You have me very excited.

Mike Lachowski, thank you for coming out and supporting this event. You are still the number one distance strategist in North America and I always learn from every one of your flights. I pay close attention to them all. It was also great to see Terry again. It had been since 2008 at the TS in Chicago. She is a pretty awesome woman.

Domanic and parents. thank you for your time pressing buttons all weekend. I have sat in that seat, so I know how myuch thanks you deserve. Thank you. Great flying Domanic. After your introduction to F3B, you can see how much more there is to learn with a sailplane. Learning B, makes you better at it all. Keep after it!

Thank You all so much. Your help and support is so greatly appreciated. We are now moving our focus to a team distance practice on June 8th near Riverside Ca. Details can be found here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1900245

Also, please check out of team raffle. We have the biggest raffle for a B team ever. We are giving away two F3B planes (Fosas), fully built and tuned. One from Tom Kiesling and one from Darrell Zaballos. They are being donated courtesy of Soaring USA and MKS USA. Along with that we have radios form Airtronics, Spektrum, Servos from MKS, goodies from Graves RC, an Elf from Kennedy Composites, a sim from Hobicco, chutes from Mr Kite, DVDs from Paul Naton, chargers..... Tons of shwag. Check it all out here. Our prize to tickets sold ratio is through the roof. It is a fantastic deal.

http://www.teamusaf3b.com/?page_id=1163

Thank You, David Klein
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old May 31, 2013, 01:41 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,154 Posts
a few more pictures

Pictures from Memorial Day
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Last edited by Kiesling; May 31, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old May 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,664 Posts
I totally dig these panoramic shots and wish I would have thought to take some.

I have been slacking on uploading the video I took. I did upload that one from the field but have more in addition.

Ryan