Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,086 Posts
Discussion
NESail.com is finally gone

After many months of taking orders that go nowhere the domain finally expired and Sal's site is gone. I always found it really rude that Sal didn't have the common sense to take his site down after he closed his doors. Newbies must have done countless orders on his site waiting for arrival.

It's a a shame too, Sal had some nice stuff. I bought my first two sailplanes from North East.
gquiring is online now Find More Posts by gquiring
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I was warned to stay away when I first got into this hobby. He obviously had many customers to stay in business as long as he did, but the number of complaints was astounding for such a 'popular' vendor..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Nova Scotia Canada
Joined Jan 2004
1,017 Posts
Too bad!!!!
Sal could be a difficult and controversial individual to deal with, but for many years he provided a very valuable service to the sailplane flier. I had my share of good service from him.
I'm sorry to see Northeast end his way but still wish Sal all the best for the future,
John O'Sullivan is online now Find More Posts by John O'Sullivan
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:00 AM
Known Wind User
USA, ID
Joined Jun 2004
249 Posts
Yep, had some good times in the past with NES. Sad to see the slow demise. We need all the vendors we can get as sailplane folk...

RIP if this is it... Sorry for those that may have had to endure an unending excuse for delivery, etc, etc.

martini
Martini is offline Find More Posts by Martini
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:38 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Nov 2003
226 Posts
Wonder what happen to all the stock?
pecor is online now Find More Posts by pecor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:25 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2012
66 Posts
Not a wonder he closed. He sold me a brushless motor that didn't work and wanted to charge me to repair it.

I have a RoTex 20/5/18 that he charged me over $80 for that needs to be rewound because the main power leads popped of before I ever got to put it on an airplane.

I tried to solder them back but there just isn't enough copper wire for me to get a good solder joint on.

Anyone know how to repair or rewind one???
bayou_city_boy is offline Find More Posts by bayou_city_boy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:07 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
I had great experience in the beginning (about 10-12 years ago). Then watched the business slowly turn to

How can anyone not have the common decency to stop taking orders/money.....for years!!!!!!!

I would love to hear the "real" story behind what happened.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
I was one of the lucky one's I guess. I got eveything I ever ordered from him. My second glider was an EZ 400 G. I really learned how to fly on that plane. I still have it in a modified form. It's a real floater.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member