Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:05 AM
Menorca
Joined Jul 2009
7 Posts
Kaman Free Flight Helicopter

Hello, I'm looking for the plan & article from January 1970 Aeromodeller for the Kaman FF Heli by J. Bishop, many thanks,
Sion.
flyingflea is offline Find More Posts by flyingflea
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,420 Posts
Boy, that Cesar Milani could build some superb scale models.
packardpursuit is online now Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:59 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,569 Posts
Have seen some Works of art. Too nice to be flown but .. he flew them
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:26 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingflea View Post
Hello, I'm looking for the plan & article from January 1970 Aeromodeller for the Kaman FF Heli by J. Bishop, many thanks,
Sion.
Stepping on Algys toes again but I have this one already scanned

January 1970 Aeromodeller

Kamen Helicopter 24" rotor FF helicopter

Ole Tiger 15" span Profile Miget racer C/L another Malstrom plan

- posted at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=511
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:36 PM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
Aeromeddeler
I am getting an error message when I try to open the Kamen Helicopter pdf file. My soft ware: Acrobat 9 pro and Photoshop CS5, neither will open. Hopeing you can solve this issue. Thanks
Gene
rchopper56 is offline Find More Posts by rchopper56
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:07 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Kaman opens ok in Foxit Reader 5.4.2.0901
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:34 AM
Menorca
Joined Jul 2009
7 Posts
Thanks Aeromeddeler,
Sion.
flyingflea is offline Find More Posts by flyingflea
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:55 AM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
Here is the message that I am getting. Thanks
Gene
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:47 AM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
I found a solution. I am using my laptop right now and it has Adobe reader 10X whitch will open the Kaman file. My main computer is loaded with Adobe Acrobat 9 pro and it will not open it. But then, Adobe Photoshop CS5 also did not open it. My main computer may have a virus. Sure hope this is not my problem. Thanks for listining to my rant.
Gene
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:03 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56 View Post
I found a solution. I am using my laptop right now and it has Adobe reader 10X whitch will open the Kaman file. My main computer is loaded with Adobe Acrobat 9 pro and it will not open it. But then, Adobe Photoshop CS5 also did not open it. My main computer may have a virus. Sure hope this is not my problem. Thanks for listining to my rant.
Gene
Gene, this is a common problem that I run into at work. A PDF is created by someone using some new feature of CS(whatever the current version is at the time) and that will prevent anyone not using the latest version of Acrobat, Photoshop. InDesign, Acrobat Reader, etc will get the error but anyone using a new version will not get the error. I use Acrobat 5 but Acrobat Reader 10 (and do update that when they update it) and I regularly run into situations where Acrobat 5 will not open what appears as a common no frills pdf but Acrobat Reader will open it with no problem. So your other computer may or may not have a virus.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi,
This time it's the January 1997 edition of AEROMODELLER with the cover showing Sequoia Systems “GOLDFINCH” free flight kit model with a review to be found inside.

First was a full size plan STYRO GYRO from the drawing board of the ever imaginative PETER HOLLAND.

STYRO GYRO is a twin rotor mini free flight autogyro for the KP01 electric motor unit.

The main construction materials are ceiling tiles and wallpaper foam resulting in a very light model that according to Peter is a quiet and forgiving sport flyer. Fascinating stuff.

Next to a brace of Wakefield’s profile style by American ROY HARWOOD for indoor use.

Roy has given us two No-Cal Wakefield winners COPELAND’S and the SUN STARK from 1951.

A full construction article explains the mysteries of these small models. Bob said the Copland Wakefield is great flyer thanks to a smooth ROG, steady climb and believe it or not a duration of over three minuets.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Oct 05, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:16 AM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
Mooney_Driver
It opened fine with Acrobat once I transfered the file from my laptop to my main computer. I did a virus scan and my main computer is clean. Another thing, the Kaman file is the only file that I have had trouble with. I am stumped.
Gene
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:44 AM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Mooney_Driver
It opened fine with Acrobat once I transfered the file from my laptop to my main computer. I did a virus scan and my main computer is clean. Another thing, the Kaman file is the only file that I have had trouble with. I am stumped.
Gene
Try this one.
bullseye000 is online now Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:26 PM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
641 Posts
bullseye000,
Yes, my main computer can open it too. I downloaded the original Algy2 file using my laptop. Once I transfered the file from my laptop to my PC, Acrobat 9 Pro will now open it. My main PC is a workstation with PDF and CAD files dating back to 95 and that may have been the problem in that my PC contains 1000's of files. Thanks
Gene
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:56 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Mooney_Driver
Gene

Did this no different to any other file I upload. Use Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Acrobat 7 but nearly always make compatible with ver 4 and above.

Also have the same problem now and again but all always open in GIMP and of course the latest acrobat reader.

Roger
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler