Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I am completely ignorant of airfoily stuff.

I hear that foamies don't care about them though.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ive decided to unass my 120 AX. ??

That thing is a beast!
Yea I know but I dont have anything on the drawing boards in that beasty catagory. I have the citabria pro but feel like Im going to be moving to gas for anything in this catagory or higher.





Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
I have seen some weird stuff done to store a motor and keep it fresh, but your dedication to the hobby is remarkable. Hope everything comes out ok.
Dont start none, wont be none
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
StickHack's Avatar
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Yea I know but I dont have anything on the drawing boards in that beasty catagory. I have the citabria pro but feel like Im going to be moving to gas for anything in this catagory or higher.







Dont start none, wont be none
My apologies, I cant control the troll.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
My apologies, I cant control the troll.
OOOPS...too late

Gotcha
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
I heard K49 flew today. He took his Yak out. He also flew his stryker.
And to think I had all this dog stuff to do.
I pre ordered my Edge today, from Espirt. I can't wait to get it flying as I really miss it.
She was a good daily flyer.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:12 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
I took my 48 edge out and wringed her out good. I only flew two packs though because my rudder servo stripped. I have mg replacement gears for it already since I knew those gears would strip eventually with the abuse I hand out to them Last time I did a gear replacement I think it took me about 10 minutes. No big deal.

It sure was fun to fly that plane again and the cheap motor from headsuprc.com is looking good initially.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:37 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I took my 48 edge out and wringed her out good. I only flew two packs though because my rudder servo stripped. I have mg replacement gears for it already since I knew those gears would strip eventually with the abuse I hand out to them Last time I did a gear replacement I think it took me about 10 minutes. No big deal.

It sure was fun to fly that plane again and the cheap motor from headsuprc.com is looking good initially.
Hitec servos?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
Yes Wayne, my hitec carbonite geared servo stripped out just like half the futabas I have. Servos are consumable... it's not if but when. The carbonite gears are not right for the application of the rudder in a 3d plane. I land on that rudder at the end of almost every flight. It gets abused big time but I fly what I have until it breaks. No sense replacing it with a metal geared servo when I can just drop metal gears in when they finally do strip.

HS65mg's are the best value in their class. They are fast, precise and have decent torque. Perfect for this size of airframe and I cannot find another servo that performs the same at the same price point.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Hey Kids
Brathanke Thats just some Funny Shirt right there ROTFLOL

DOG so far we are planning on going to the WRAM show on Saturday as you said if all is right with the world and the stars all allign perfectly lol we've made it 3 years in a row now so things are looking good so far.
Sweet... If I live through this trip to SC, I may make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Oh this was posted on the Tweplica thread Does anyone know the answer? I don't.
FAFFF 2007 <Fat Arse Fun Fly Foil>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I just ordered my next plane...

3DHS 58" Edge 540 (electric powered)

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/58-Edge-5...w_p_16082.html



Tom, I know you are shocked and surprised, of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ive decided to unass my 120 AX. ??

That thing is a beast!
Congrats Mike....Let me know how the unassing turns out for you as well as the proper proceedure.... Video would be a plus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
My apologies, I cant control the troll.
Oh... me thinks your not that sorry.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Yes Wayne, my hitec carbonite geared servo stripped out just like half the futabas I have. Servos are consumable... it's not if but when. The carbonite gears are not right for the application of the rudder in a 3d plane. I land on that rudder at the end of almost every flight. It gets abused big time but I fly what I have until it breaks. No sense replacing it with a metal geared servo when I can just drop metal gears in when they finally do strip.

HS65mg's are the best value in their class. They are fast, precise and have decent torque. Perfect for this size of airframe and I cannot find another servo that performs the same at the same price point.
OK. $30 for a mini seems like a lot to me. About the same as the 220 oz/in digital metal gear servos I use.

I agree about the rudder servo. It is always the biggest one on my planes. That is also why I like the Sullivan tail wheel. Very little of the landing/steering stress reaches the rudder.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Flew my PA addiction yesterday. It was just before dark. When I plugged in the battery I noticed that the rudder trim was out, adjusted that and took off. I soon as I got airborne I noticed something else was wrong. I could not maintain level flight. It wanted to dive vertical at nuetral sticks. It would dive so quick I could not try to trim it out. I decided to land it and but hard. Broke the landing gear. When got to it I noticed there was about 5degrees down elevator trimmed in. Last time I flew it everything was fine. What could have caused the down trim? I haven't tugged the plane since I last flew it. Guess the rudder being out of trim should've tipped me off that something was up. I have dx7, I should not have to worry about adjusting trim once done. Understand that there's no substitute for good pre flight. Just do understand what happened.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:38 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Flew my PA addiction yesterday. It was just before dark. When I plugged in the battery I noticed that the rudder trim was out, adjusted that and took off. I soon as I got airborne I noticed something else was wrong. I could not maintain level flight. It wanted to dive vertical at nuetral sticks. It would dive so quick I could not try to trim it out. I decided to land it and but hard. Broke the landing gear. When got to it I noticed there was about 5degrees down elevator trimmed in. Last time I flew it everything was fine. What could have caused the down trim? I haven't tugged the plane since I last flew it. Guess the rudder being out of trim should've tipped me off that something was up. I have dx7, I should not have to worry about adjusting trim once done. Understand that there's no substitute for good pre flight. Just do understand what happened.
I am not familiar with the DX7. Could it be you had the wrong plane selected?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:39 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

Congrats Mike....Let me know how the unassing turns out for you as well as the proper proceedure.... Video would be a plus!
DOG, that wasn't me, that was Woda...I was just quoting his post.
I have not yet nor do I ever plan to unass an OS 120 AX.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:55 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
StickHack's Avatar
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I am not familiar with the DX7. Could it be you had the wrong plane selected?
Not possible to select wrong plane, I have accidentally trimmed before by hitting the switch while carrying my plane out to the taxi area. Could be a bad servo, could be a number of things. Wrong model is almost impossible. I also use trim on my DX7 to stop my engine, idle down since it has no throttle cut switch (something I miss from the DX6) sometime I trim the wrong switch. I dont know why, but I do it often.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
DOG, that wasn't me, that was Woda...I was just quoting his post.
I have not yet nor do I ever plan to unass an OS 120 AX.
Wasn't me, that was DR!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 5 Feb 24, 2011 08:19 PM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM