SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2013, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,615 Posts
New Product
Blade 180QX HD

This new Blade 180QX HD RTF looks ok being able to turn the camera on and off from the Tx

cheers chuck

180 QX HD BNF

Key Features

Exclusive SAFE™ technology
E-flite® EFC™-720 camera with transmitter functionality
Includes 2GB micro SD card for use with EFC-720 camera
Small enough to fly indoors and powerful enough to fly outdoors
Flight battery and charger included
Durable lightweight airframe
Potent 8.5mm brushed motors with protective drive gear guards
Agile enough to perform loops, rolls, tumbles and more
Sleek, low profile body
Includes one full set of replacement blades

Overview

The Blade® 180 QX combines the latest in quadcopter innovations with HD video and image capture capabilities. Utilizing SAFE™ technology, the 180 QX maintains superior stability in three flight modes. With the included E-flite® EFC™-720 camera, pilots can experience aerial video and image capture by simply activating the triggers on a Spektrum™ 5+ channel transmitter after programming it. Ideal for both indoor and outdoor flight, the 180 QX is a personal eye in the sky from the experts in Heli excitement.

Image capture on the fly
With the included EFC-720 flight camera and a 2GB micro SD card included, 180 QX HD pilots can capture video and still images while flying. This intuitive camera can be activated at any time during flight and be switched seamlessly between video and still image capture. This functionality can be programmed into a compatible DSMX® 5+ channel transmitter.

Equipped to thrill
The 180 QX HD comes equipped with three SAFE enhanced flight modes. High and low angle flight modes were specifically designed to deliver stable video and image capture while the agility mode setting allows pilots to experience aerobatic flight with the assistance of the AS3X® stability system.
Product Specifications

Type: Quad-Copter
Main Rotor Diameter: 14.0 in (355mm)
Gross Weight: 3.35 oz (95 g)
Length: 11.5 in (292mm)
Motor Size: (4) 8.5mm brushed
Kit/ARF/RTF: BNF
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Blade 180 QX Unboxing and Action Video (5 min 6 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Oct 24, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2013, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by ryan93civic
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
888 Posts
That is nice, a new Mqx with Safe.
ryan93civic is online now Find More Posts by ryan93civic
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
Thornleigh - 20k N of Sydney,N.S.W.,AUSTRALIA
Joined Aug 2001
824 Posts
How's them apples!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
This new Blade 180QX HD RTF looks ok being able to turn the camera on and off from the Tx

cheers chuck

180 QX HD BNF

Key Features

Exclusive SAFE™ technology
E-flite® EFC™-720 camera with transmitter functionality
Includes 2GB micro SD card for use with EFC-720 camera
Small enough to fly indoors and powerful enough to fly outdoors
Flight battery and charger included
Durable lightweight airframe
Potent 8.5mm brushed motors with protective drive gear guards
Agile enough to perform loops, rolls, tumbles and more
Sleek, low profile body
Includes one full set of replacement blades

Overview

The Blade® 180 QX combines the latest in quadcopter innovations with HD video and image capture capabilities. Utilizing SAFE™ technology, the 180 QX maintains superior stability in three flight modes. With the included E-flite® EFC™-720 camera, pilots can experience aerial video and image capture by simply activating the triggers on a Spektrum™ 5+ channel transmitter after programming it. Ideal for both indoor and outdoor flight, the 180 QX is a personal eye in the sky from the experts in Heli excitement.

Image capture on the fly
With the included EFC-720 flight camera and a 2GB micro SD card included, 180 QX HD pilots can capture video and still images while flying. This intuitive camera can be activated at any time during flight and be switched seamlessly between video and still image capture. This functionality can be programmed into a compatible DSMX® 5+ channel transmitter.

Equipped to thrill
The 180 QX HD comes equipped with three SAFE enhanced flight modes. High and low angle flight modes were specifically designed to deliver stable video and image capture while the agility mode setting allows pilots to experience aerobatic flight with the assistance of the AS3X® stability system.
Product Specifications

Type: Quad-Copter
Main Rotor Diameter: 14.0 in (355mm)
Gross Weight: 3.35 oz (95 g)
Length: 11.5 in (292mm)
Motor Size: (4) 8.5mm brushed
Kit/ARF/RTF: BNF
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMEA0...em-uploademail
Below is an edited version of my ordinal post in the large mQX 2yr old thread which has apparently been moved here?

..... WOW ... Did this Little Black Duck get a walloping from all over on the very large mQX thread, for daring to say that the mQX was not the 'bees knees'. More accurately, not what I hoped it would be, although I'm actually glad I got it, wud'ja'believe!
No offence taken ... We'll agree to disagree, which is what what we are able to do in these forums.
But I'll be keeping an eye on this thread now, and drop off the other one, because apparently I trod on too many corns in the other thread, if only to see if this 180QX is, in effect, a MK2 version of the now apparently obsolete original mQX.
However what I did say there was what I posted was definitely only my opinion, and others, from all levels of flying skills, could, and most definitely did, disagree with me.
However I stand by my opinion in that the mQX has apparently been superseded after less than two years ... although I suppose that in this day and age, that makes it OLD technology ...
After that rebuttal ... It seems that my prayers seem to have been answered if the Blade 180QX is a reality.
It has the features I was originally looking for when I bought the mQX, plus the ability to carry a camera too ... ... if that's your thing!
Strangely this info originated here in Oz ... where we're usually several months behind availability in the States ... 350QX f'r'instance not on sale here yet.
What seems interesting is that I may be able to cannibalise the parts from my mQX if parts on the 180QX need replacing, because they seem to be identical. It also has a much more attractive, less Transformer-like, appearance, plus the addition of a longer u/c will keep the cogs clear of clutter on the ground.

And I'm making no excuses for being able to repeat the images and specs for it either ...

Daffy
Little Black Duck is offline Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
Last edited by Little Black Duck; Oct 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Original post in mQX thread seems to have been moved to this one!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by flying-llama
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
That is nice, a new Mqx with Safe.
Looking at the manual, ch.5 position will control stability/agility mode, instead of toggling ch. 6 in the nQx (ch. 6 is now to activate the camera).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Oct 24, 2013, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
5,182 Posts
Oh, how cool! I'm definitely going to look into this one.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2013, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by LMahesa
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Jul 2013
953 Posts
... gawd DAMMIT. I've just finished putting together my 2nd mQX/nQX hybrid with LEDs and sealed it up with hot glue and liquid tape. Now this comes along with a bloody convenient FPV mount and a better battery tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black Duck View Post
It has the features I was originally looking for when I bought the mQX, plus the ability to carry a camera too ... ... if that's your thing!

What seems interesting is that I may be able to cannibalise the parts from my mQX if parts on the 180QX need replacing, because they seem to be identical. It also has a much more attractive, less Transformer-like, appearance, plus the addition of a longer u/c will keep the cogs clear of clutter on the ground.
Double ditto on the looks! I've never used the original canopy - I use a pruned aerosol cap on mine, and today I realize a dead set of headphones had perfectly-sized cups that fit the center piece to a tee.

I'm uninterested in a basic camera rig (I can just strap my 808 onto it for that) but FPV is a different matter. I've just ordered a 5v Pololu stepup from RMRC for this purpose and that space where the camera goes looks perfect.

I wonder how much the landing skid weighs. Perhaps if you trimmed off the motor guards you can save a few grams...
LMahesa is offline Find More Posts by LMahesa
Old Oct 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by mjru
United States, NY, Saratoga
Joined Apr 2013
435 Posts
$150/$189 bnf/rtf in USD. Camera seems a bit disappointing, maybe I'm mistaken but I thought some key chain cameras ive seen in youtube vids had way better video quality. Also curious what "software enhanced 720p" from the HH website means... is it lower quality video upsampled? It looked a lot more stable than vids ive seen from other keychain cams stuck to mini quads at least

That being said I was planning to buy an mQX at some point so I'll probably end up with one of these instead.
mjru is offline Find More Posts by mjru
Old Oct 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
22,551 Posts
Still brushed
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 24, 2013, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by KC_703
United States, VA
Joined Sep 2013
3,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjru View Post
$150/$189 bnf/rtf in USD. Camera seems a bit disappointing, maybe I'm mistaken but I thought some key chain cameras ive seen in youtube vids had way better video quality. Also curious what "software enhanced 720p" from the HH website means... is it lower quality video upsampled? It looked a lot more stable than vids ive seen from other keychain cams stuck to mini quads at least

That being said I was planning to buy an mQX at some point so I'll probably end up with one of these instead.
Software enhanced 720p could mean image stabilization also... Usually this type of IS means you'll lose a few lines in the image. The exposure on the camera sample was a little of but not to bad. But doesn't stack up to the 808 or Möbius AC.

You may still be able to find a few mQX from the LHS at the discounted price, but otherwise you may have to end up with one of these...
KC_703 is online now Find More Posts by KC_703
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
10,515 Posts
To much money
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by mjru
United States, NY, Saratoga
Joined Apr 2013
435 Posts
Good point on the software IS. I suppose on a mini quad being overly critical over the camera is a bit harsh. If its stability/agility modes react like the 350s then this is a no brainer for me over the mqx, I can learn agility mode without worrying about pricey replacment parts every time I crash..
mjru is offline Find More Posts by mjru
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by GoatRider
United States, MN, Maple Grove
Joined May 1999
250 Posts
Awesome! I was first thinking, this is just big enough to attach a keychain camera, but then realized it's already got one!

When can I have one?
GoatRider is offline Find More Posts by GoatRider
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by Paul1PA
Spool 'er up!
United States, FL, Oxford
Joined Mar 2010
322 Posts
I was really anticipating this V2 version of the mQX, but feel let down. Almost the year 2014 and still using brushed motors?! Also thought it would have a one-piece molded frame with prop guards like the nQX. Guess they had to keep costs down with the addition of the camera. And while SAFE is a nice upgrade, I'm still glad I scored a couple of the original mQX's at $50 each!
Paul1PA is offline Find More Posts by Paul1PA
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Rminder
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1PA View Post
I was really anticipating this V2 version of the mQX, but feel let down. Almost the year 2014 and still using brushed motors?! Also thought it would have a one-piece molded frame with prop guards like the nQX. Guess they had to keep costs down with the addition of the camera. And while SAFE is a nice upgrade, I'm still glad I scored a couple of the original mQX's at $50 each!
Can you, or anyone else reading this, tell me the difference between brushed and brushless motors? I see this issue come up a lot.

Thanks!
Rminder is offline Find More Posts by Rminder
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
http://www.drone-maniac.com/
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
8,416 Posts
A V222 HD but at least twice expensive ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy