New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What style of Turnigy 1/16 vehicle do you prefer?
Rally Extreme 50 36.50%
Mini Trooper 54 39.42%
Racing Buggy 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by TechExplorations
Joined Jun 2015
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockracer View Post
I don't see a 2838 4850KV from Hobby king only the 2800KV which would be similar to the NC Basher motor, but I'm guessing 28mm over 24mm may give you a bit of a Torque advantage? despite a slightly higger KV. My understanding is that the KV does not necessarily determine the max power of the motor, But a combination of KV and gear ratio. So for a given KV you adjust gear ratio to max current draw (obviously limited by your choices of pinion.). The Watts of the motor is the main concern, so at 11.5V and 40A your going to have 450Watts. So if your not pulling the Amps to bring your motor to it's Watt Max, you may want a larger pinion. If your motor is running too hot, you may need a smaller pinion...
If you plan to stick with the stock pinion or there abouts, then a motor of similar KV would seem the best choise. Then if you plan to go up in Dia, you will get more torque and as such be able to run a larger pinion. So as such, KV does not necessarily determine the power of the motor for speed or Torque without considering gearing.
The torque is lower than your because of the can height being so short. It has 300 max watts. The motor will not be from hobbbyking. Hobbyking only sells a limited amount of motors and then you will have to contact the big motor manufacturers and they will custom make it for you.
TechExplorations is offline Find More Posts by TechExplorations
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:31 PM
Joined Jun 2015
52 Posts
I just look the top plate off to replace my stripped spur that ran for less than a minute, and I noticed that the spur was miss aligned. if you look at it from the top and spin it, it wobbles instead of spinning straight. Anyone else notice this. What should I do to fix this?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by Rockracer
Australia, QLD, Whyanbeel
Joined Jan 2015
243 Posts
It sounds as if the spur may not have been drilled straight? Just as some of the wheels, and the Prop adapter I got from HK. I have not stripped a plastic spur as yet, however I spin the diffs on my cars so that the spur mesh 'Throws out' rather than 'Sucks in' any thing that the wheels may throw at it. I also make sure that slipper is adjusted correctly and the spur is standing at 90 deg by packing the mount by the required 0.2-0.4mm. I have steel spurs on buggy and open wheeler, but still a plastic spur on the Jeep (which has only seen testing and not run a full pack as yet), But it's on 3S with a 2445 and pulling wheel stands on the plastic spur, so it's bound to fail eventually.

I have had one spur with an off centre drilling causing it to be tight with pinion in one position but loose at 180 Deg.
Rockracer is offline Find More Posts by Rockracer
Old Jul 27, 2015, 04:46 PM
Joined Jun 2015
52 Posts
Sour is back with his spurs!!!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 04:47 PM
Joined Jun 2015
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockracer View Post
It sounds as if the spur may not have been drilled straight? Just as some of the wheels, and the Prop adapter I got from HK. I have not stripped a plastic spur as yet, however I spin the diffs on my cars so that the spur mesh 'Throws out' rather than 'Sucks in' any thing that the wheels may throw at it. I also make sure that slipper is adjusted correctly and the spur is standing at 90 deg by packing the mount by the required 0.2-0.4mm. I have steel spurs on buggy and open wheeler, but still a plastic spur on the Jeep (which has only seen testing and not run a full pack as yet), But it's on 3S with a 2445 and pulling wheel stands on the plastic spur, so it's bound to fail eventually.

I have had one spur with an off centre drilling causing it to be tight with pinion in one position but loose at 180 Deg.
Yeah you might be right. Are sour's spurs drilled right? Did you run 3s on sour's spur, with the 4700kv. Does it have even a little bit of wear.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 05:40 PM
Joined Jan 2015
243 Posts
Yes, 3S no problem, and no noticeable wear as yet on buggy spur but a little on one edge of 2nd hand spur , may not have been aligned quite right.
Sour41 may have been 'Listening in', In which case, Cheers Brother for relisting your Spur Gear.
Last edited by Rockracer; Jul 27, 2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 04:08 AM
Joined Jan 2015
243 Posts
This is something I've been wanting to do, so here it is.
I was curious of the weight difference between the cars.
I took most of the photos with the bodies off to make the mods more identifiable.
And weighed all the cars with the battery they normally run.
But the Stock Little Cosmo features twice just for comparison with and without body.
The Buggy has two NC Diffs and a steel spur.
The Open wheeler also has two NC Diffs and steel spur plus the 28mm Steel case Donkey.
Also the Jeep has two NC Diffs and a plastic spur.
The rest are stock other than what you see.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2015
243 Posts
So, with the 2nd NC Basher due today, last night I stripped Basher No1.
It's seen about a 1/2 dozen 3000MAh Runs on 2S with nothing broken.
However I was curious as to how the Gearbox was holding up and mostly keen to try some of it's parts on a few other projects.
Gearbox has been taking in grass clippings and dirt so I'm looking at a way to seal it up a bit better. and gearbox out drives are showing a fair bit of wear for so little 2S use. Never mind, now I have a spare box.
I'm liking the basher wheels on my jeep and am hoping the Basher motor has the torque to drive a 15t which looks to give me clearance from the drive shaft?
The Front and rear assemblies from the striped Basher are going on to a spare RE Chassis I have, to build up a 'Supper Buggy' for which I'm considering using the Motor ESC (2845 (4200KV or 3500KV I can't remember lol, I'll have to look back on my orders) and 60A ESC).
As I feel the Open wheeler is a bit overpowered and could be considerably lighter with a smaller (24mm 35A) combo, and still plenty fast enough for me.
Old Today, 04:35 AM
Find More Posts by N5n441
Joined Jul 2015
5 Posts
great.I am curious about the car.who can help me to make a review?
N5n441 is offline Find More Posts by N5n441
Old Today, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N5n441 View Post
great.I am curious about the car.who can help me to make a review?
Which car?
Why do you need help to make a review?

Can you please try to explain a little more?
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha