HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:30 PM
Joined Feb 2014
19 Posts
Help!
X525 doesn't take off

Hi, I built a quadcopter with the frame X525, 4x NTM 1200kV, 4x ESCs 30A HobbyKing Blueseries, a 4000mAh 3S LiPo and the MultiWiiPro board (Red, from HobbyKing), with Megapirate 3.0.1 R4.

I did all the calibrations, ESC, radio, accelerometer, compass and so on.

The propellers and engines are following the instructions of MegaPirate (see the image below), being from the top left, clockwise (CW = 2, pusher propeller / 5 = CCW normal propeller / 3 = CW, pusher / 6 = CCW propeller, normal propeller). That way > http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/ne...rames.jpg.html.

All ready for takeoff. In stabilize mode, I armed and tried to fly, here's the result:
MultiRotor (0 min 50 sec)

As you can see, he can not lift off the ground, always leaning to one side (not recorded at the time, but the side varies). With much effort and patience, using the Roll and Pitch controls you can get it off the ground for a few moments, I managed to get about 3 meters high, but he is very unstable (not shaking, but going from one side to the other , bending, etc.). I tried to adjust the P Rate, but I did not set properly or did not help.

Anyone have any tips? May I have forgotten something?

Thank you.
JuniorZancan is online now Find More Posts by JuniorZancan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
Joined Feb 2014
19 Posts
I got the telemetry log > https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web

The GPS fails 3 ou 4 times.

At full throttle, it goes up and down alone. Go up, get down, hits the ground and rises again. Sometimes the motors reach the actual maximum, I can hear.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Joined Feb 2014
19 Posts
Can someone help me?
Old Today, 01:46 AM
United States, OR, Mt Hood
Joined May 2014
178 Posts
Would have been helpful if you let the video run long enough after each attempt to see the props spin down. That may be where the problem is. Have you visually confirmed/checked to see that the props are correct for the motor rotation direction?
PatR is online now Find More Posts by PatR
Old Today, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2014
19 Posts
Yes. I have double checked that, the motors and props directions. Even the prop type (normal or pusher). I could lift up the quadcopter a little bit but he goes up and down. With some hard work i can stabilize it, but only if I stay controlling the roll and pitch. Sorry for my English.
Old Today, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2013
57 Posts
Props

When Ive had that same weak-drunk behavior out of my 180 or nano it was the props. Mind you they LOOKED fine - but there were pitch discrepencies the quad couldn't normal out and so it'd drag itself hither and yon , gained low altitude only briefly and ever dragged itself sideways. New props and even though they looked the same as the old, the quad flew perfect.

Pete
Petepala1961 is online now Find More Posts by Petepala1961
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2013
57 Posts
- and even new props out if the package are junk sometimes, even though they LOOK fine.

Pete
Petepala1961 is online now Find More Posts by Petepala1961
Old Today, 11:15 AM
United States, OR, Mt Hood
Joined May 2014
178 Posts
My guess is the props are installed backwards.
PatR is online now Find More Posts by PatR
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Joined Feb 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR View Post
My guess is the props are installed backwards.
PatR, I can assure you that they are in the right position. He has raised flight for about 5 meters. If I keep controlling the Pitch and Roll I can stabilize him. It is not just getting to stabilize himself. I am going to do auto trim today.

In the clockwise, starting to the top on the left.
CW Pusher. CCW Normal. CW Pusher. CCW Normal.

I'm using Megapirate 3.0.1 R4, so the pins are 2, 5, 3, 6.