Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:14 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,563 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
OK..Time for a lil humor here now..Yeah Scale!!! and those Bashes bout my JR..hehehe..

Ya know I'm just razzin ya..

Back to my UFC fights...

Billy
Its all good Billy

nah,, Fights are for kids,,, hell on wheels is on
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:39 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,435 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK_187 View Post
...these two options will be like cuttin up your Credit Cards....they can make your life SOOoo much easier...
God is that so true!!

Bout D/R & expo - I'll be MORE than happy to take lessons any day of the week!! - This old dog ain't too proud to beg trust me

Most of you guys either grew up with this type of technology or have been using it for several years and have grown with it as things have progressed.

That's how I am with computers, got my 1st one back in the 80's, 128-kilobytes of memory, pair of single sided 5-1/4" floppy drives. If you even had a hard drive back then you were the envy of everbody at the local user's group. I paid $425 for my first HDD, 5-meg external in a box the size of my current tower. The internet was being run by DARPA - google it.

Early 90's got a PC & used MS-DOS + Windows 3.0, kept building better & better towers & using newer versions of Windows, Office, etc. Dam glad I put the effort into learning things the hard way as they were back then.

Those experience's put me light years ahead of most people my age (59). The majority of the people at my apartments can't even use a computer at all, those that can, have a hard time installing a game or getting their computers work with the internet, let alone do much else. That unfortunately, is where I'm at with computerized radio's. The seller included the printed manual - THANK GOD!!

But it's of little use when they don't tell you how or where to go - to adjust the "1" value's - see attached scan of page 6 from the mCPX manual. That's what I was talking about in post #100 when I said I got frustrated & just started flippen switches.

The throttle curve's were also causing me lots of probs. If not set properly the CX-2's 3-n-1 won't arm correctly - LED stays red instead of turning green = throttle stick and / or trim is not all the way down, that's from page 15 of the manual.

With the 120SR the blades start spinning instantly when the throttle stick is moved up; there should be a little frre play so you can move the stick up a little bit before the motors start to kick in.

And speaking of the 120SR... as most of you know they suffer from pendulum effect, I would dearly love be able to use my new wally wonderful computerized radio to stop it, or at least reduce it as much as possible. It happens when making right turns (facing back of heli), takes off wildly. Left turns are a nornal / predictable no prob.

I would really like to know how to program the radio so that when I move the aileron stick right the swash doesn't move as much / as hard / as rapidly / as what-ever as it does now. BUT, still work the way it does now when turning left. Hope that made sense.

Till I get those 2 birds dialed in and flying correctly, I'm keeping my LP5. I know a lot people don't like them, but I'm very happy with mine. So far it's the only radio I've found that flys the 120 good, very good at that.

I modified a wall wart I had layin around to make it center negative instead of center positive like the rest of the world does, good ole JR. I had another one of there radios years ago (27-MHz) that was that way, DX6i also that way, anyway lets me charge Energizer NiMH AA's in both radio's (LP5 - DX6).

Here's another option if you prefer plug'n'play... http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPA026 - changes wall warts from center positive to center negative so you can use the rest of the worlds charger's with your LP5DSM and Spektrum DX series of radio's. Will probably also work with that special 6-chan radio that come's with the SR.

Sorry for the long winded post, tryin to learn a new radio & share experience's here.
I'm right there in the Boat with ya Pardner....We had no Computers as I was ending my career...I started flyin with a hitec Lazer4 or sumpin like that...Just the Basic functions of a cheap radio...There is alotta different Birds ya really can get by without Expo...but when its needed....Brother its a luxury ya can't deny yourself from takin advantage of...I kid ya not.....If you'll take the time to try it...or have a friend show you how to use it....its unreal..I flew pylons with the lazer4...fellow members were tellin me for a couple years...you really should move up.....The true story is...it can make your flying more Professional looking...as well as making you feel more comfortable in your ability...I'll send you a PM....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:20 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
7,899 Posts
Trader Rating: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
D/R and expo is all in the thumbs.

Best,
Chris
I never could figure out what all the fuss about quads was about...

Until I watched that.
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:07 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,563 Posts
So here's another Ethical ?

Seller has a newly assembled plane listed, shows pictures but states he doesn't know the manufacturer. I know, or at least am 99.9% positive it from manufacturer X based on the color scheme, specs etc. I mean it pretty obvious it's the same plane, so I thought I was helping the guy out by posting the link so he and buyers know what they have. The guy deletes the listing and re opens a new one with the same "I don't know manufacturer" language.

Here's the kicker,,, the link I posted show that the plane originally sold for $300, but was discounted before it was discontinued to $229. The guys asking price in the ad is $300 LPU.

I understand the guy doesn't want to take a shave on his asking price, but knowingly not disclosing the manufacturer is in my mind highly unethical, espcially since it's what many would consider a low end quality wise company.

What say you?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2012
359 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post

What say you?
No mercy.
NCC1701D is offline Find More Posts by NCC1701D
Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:20 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,563 Posts
For who?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:22 AM
USA, MI, Flint
Joined Sep 2007
58 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
[QUOTE=scale_only;26220598]So here's another Ethical ?

Seller has a newly assembled plane listed, shows pictures but states he doesn't know the manufacturer. I know, or at least am 99.9% positive it from manufacturer X based on the color scheme, specs etc. I mean it pretty obvious it's the same plane, so I thought I was helping the guy out by posting the link so he and buyers know what they have. The guy deletes the listing and re opens a new one with the same "I don't know manufacturer" language.

Here's the kicker,,, the link I posted show that the plane originally sold for $300, but was discounted before it was discontinued to $229. The guys asking price in the ad is $300 LPU.

I understand the guy doesn't want to take a shave on his asking price, but knowingly not disclosing the manufacturer is in my mind highly unethical, espcially since it's what many would consider a low end quality wise company.
He doesn't know and would be taking the word of a stranger who isn't 100% sure himself. Could be a problem if he sold it as the incorrect manufacturer.
lanilll is offline Find More Posts by lanilll
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, Ione
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
sounds more like a scalper.

he bought it on clearance and is trying to sell it at full retail. if he had responded to Scale_only, I wouldn't think so, but it sounds like when the link was posted, the seller got caught and deleted.

I see it more often with cars, where guys will buy an off-brand and try to sell it for more than retail. especially on ebay.
makya is offline Find More Posts by makya
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:26 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Linden
Joined Aug 2013
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
sounds more like a scalper.

he bought it on clearance and is trying to sell it at full retail. if he had responded to Scale_only, I wouldn't think so, but it sounds like when the link was posted, the seller got caught and deleted.

I see it more often with cars, where guys will buy an off-brand and try to sell it for more than retail. especially on ebay.
that a Scalper move ... They do the same thing on craigslist they buy low or discontinued ......... and sell them for as much as possible ... counting on the buyer .. is new to the hobby & doesn't know better and when they get caught they drop there prices or delete postings
John_G is offline Find More Posts by John_G
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:57 PM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanilll View Post

He doesn't know and would be taking the word of a stranger who isn't 100% sure himself. Could be a problem if he sold it as the incorrect manufacturer.
Only the guy knows me,, I'm not a stranger and gave him overwhelming evidence that it is what I say it is. I'm purposely leaving the plane and the seller out of this because I don't want to call him out, but it's not like an S-bach where
many companies sell the same scheme, only one company sold this in this scheme, it's glaringly obvious.

O well,, buyer beware
Old Sep 27, 2013, 03:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Linden
Joined Aug 2013
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
Only the guy knows me,, I'm not a stranger and gave him overwhelming evidence that it is what I say it is. I'm purposely leaving the plane and the seller out of this because I don't want to call him out, but it's not like an S-bach where
many companies sell the same scheme, only one company sold this in this scheme, it's glaringly obvious.

O well,, buyer beware
Amen + 1
John_G is offline Find More Posts by John_G
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)