HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:02 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
I got a Crius AIOP 1.1 board yesterday, no gps. Today, I tried to fly with it. Works well for the most part, but I wanted to test the headfree mode. I have it set up like this:
Aux 2 toggles MAG, Headfree and Angle at the same time to on.
Once I lift off, it hovers fine. If I then yaw in either direction, it goes completely nuts and starts spinning like a top.
Now I am aware of magnetic disturbance to the mag, however, I was watching the compass on multiwii ez gui during this and it didn't seem to show any signs of disturbance. I also believe I correctly calibrated the mag. Any ideas?
Edit: Added image showing mag at rest and near full throttle. Any oddities?
Edit 2: Okay, two more calibrations later, headfree no longer goes bonkers. Now instead, it has no real effect anymore. At first it works, within 5 seconds the "front" direction has wandered randomly, sometimes I can even fly it as if headfree wasn't even turned on.
I'd do an eeprom_erase in arduino and load up a clean sketch then do another mag and acc calibration and see how it acts.
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:50 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,729 Posts
just built a tricopter using multiwii

my tail servo is jittery ,moves about a bit . what do i decrease to solve this?

i pretty much just went with my quad default settings for multiwii 2.3
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2009
523 Posts
Gave up on the mag for now, but different issue.
I have my Crius AIO Pro 1.1 set up as per many manuals. However, in Angle mode, it tends to oscillated slightly and the motors make a "wheep wheep wheep" sound, so they're quickly correcting all the time. I didn't have this with my KK 2.1.5 board or even my basic multiwii board before. I tried lowering the SL values to no avail. In acro mode, it seems stable. I should add that it was somewhat windy when I was testing.
In the video you can hear it being very bad while coming down, but it still continues, not as badly, as I fly sideways.

CIMG6864 1 (0 min 11 sec)
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
Last edited by Arakon; Jun 19, 2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:21 PM
Canada, ON, Sault Ste. Marie
Joined Feb 2013
207 Posts
I have a curis se 2.5, and find that the board is limiting my motor output to about 60%, when I hook motor directly to the RX I get lots of power. What settings should I change in the config.h file?
Westwind76 is offline Find More Posts by Westwind76
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:25 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind76 View Post
I have a curis se 2.5, and find that the board is limiting my motor output to about 60%, when I hook motor directly to the RX I get lots of power. What settings should I change in the config.h file?
none ,sounds like you need to calibrate your esc`s .
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:38 PM
Canada, ON, Sault Ste. Marie
Joined Feb 2013
207 Posts
I was thinking that, is there some clear instruction on this. I'm not sure what the transmitter should be doing also my motors don't spin during calibration, should they?
Westwind76 is offline Find More Posts by Westwind76
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:27 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind76 View Post
I was thinking that, is there some clear instruction on this. I'm not sure what the transmitter should be doing also my motors don't spin during calibration, should they?
remove your props for safety .
turn your transmitter on with the throttle all the way up
plug in your flight control board
wait for the esc`s to beep
run throttle back down and wait for confirmation beep .

esc calibration is done

that should work for most flight controllers .

if for some reason it does not then you need to plug each esc into your throttle channel on your receiver and repeat these steps for each esc .

always remove your props for safety .

props should not spin during calibration ,but we remove props to avoid an accident anyway .theres always that chance .
Old Jun 26, 2014, 03:53 PM
Norwich, England
Joined Jan 2010
589 Posts
upgraded to a naza system BUT .......

i still have the crius Se board ( ZMR copy ), i added bluetooth to
but this board now sits doing nothing. so a crazy question.

can i get this board to run 18 metal gear mini servos, i had a thought of a spider like robot
running the crius SE and using the onboard gyro's accels and digital compass.
i thought i could use an old f330 flamewheel and make a 4 legged version first just to see if the cruis se could do whats required
TamiyaCowboy is offline Find More Posts by TamiyaCowboy
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:09 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
3,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCowboy View Post
upgraded to a naza system BUT .......

i still have the crius Se board ( ZMR copy ), i added bluetooth to
but this board now sits doing nothing. so a crazy question.

can i get this board to run 18 metal gear mini servos, i had a thought of a spider like robot
running the crius SE and using the onboard gyro's accels and digital compass.
i thought i could use an old f330 flamewheel and make a 4 legged version first just to see if the cruis se could do whats required
Not for sure but I think you are going to be limited to 8 servos max. I don't know of any 8 bit controller that will do 18.
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:24 AM
Joined Apr 2014
16 Posts
s.bus

Hi guys,
I have purchased an orangerx dsmx3 as I wanted more channels than the 6 I had and the dsmx3 has 14 channels on s.bus.

Is it possible to configure this MWC board to support s.bus. I tried uncommenting the s.bus the mw2.3 and recommended the ppm.

I was hoping it would as I would prefer the smaller receiver as it is on a 250mm quad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Patrick

Edit: forgot to add that it is a crius se 2.5 board.
pmac85 is online now Find More Posts by pmac85
Last edited by pmac85; Jun 27, 2014 at 05:29 PM.