Old Jul 01, 2010, 07:46 AM
I added lift to my stable!
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Discussion
Couple more Aurora questions . . .

Hi All,

Finally finished building out my Mini Ultra Stick and Radian and now getting ready to do the power/radio wiring/setup. Few of questions:

1.) On both planes, I'm using batteries from HobbyKing that have the EC3 connection and a balancing lead. I am also using external BEC for each plane (dimension engineering SportBec for the Mini Ultra and ParkBec for the Radian.) I know many will consider this overkill, considering the SPC function, but I have some future plans and prefer to go ahead and wire it this way. I think I read that I can run the balancing lead to the SPC so that the correct voltage (from the battery pack) is displayed. Anyone give details on how they have their setup?

2.) On the Radian and Aurora: How do you guys, that are Radian pilots, have yours setup? What model type to you choose after Glider?

Thanks in advance,

Tbird
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Last edited by tbird911; Jul 01, 2010 at 12:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Yes, you can use the balancing port for the SPC; use the two outside wires to a servo connector. Remember that the jumper are not the same connections as the power; it plugs in the same polarity as the servos. Just be careful with the adapter as the pins are very small. I really like soldering the SPC connection to the power plug on the ESC.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry