Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by don olsen
I hate spray cans
United States, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Jul 2007
1,296 Posts
Discussion
Mixing rudder/steering channel on A9

I have a Trike retract gear that I wish to adjust with switch RT. Steering servo is on ch 7 tied to J4 as rud 2, If I assign it to RT it will trim but not steer or if assigned to J4 it will steer but not trim with RT. My brain is spending too much effort growing grey hair than thinking this one through. Any suggestions

I know I can manual adj it but it would be much easier to trim the steering while taxiing and not have to go back and readjust all 3 rudders (Connie)
Thanks
Don
don olsen is offline Find More Posts by don olsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,489 Posts
Okay, this is actually a bit of a simple mix really.

Basically, you want to assign the steering servo to an AUX channel, in this example we will use AUX6. Assign the channel that the steering servo is plugged into (Channel 7 in your instance) to AUX6 through the Channel Function menu. Now assign AUX6 to RT. This will let you trim AUX6 (your steering servo) with RT.

From here, you will need to create a P.MIX or Programmable Mix in the transmitter to mix AUX6 to the Rudder. Select a P.MIX slot to setup, then press ACT down in the bottom right corner to activate the P.MIX. Select RUDD first, then AUX6 second from the menu that pops up, this will slave AUX6 to the rudder. Exit from this menu up at the top right corner with the little door icon. Select your new P.MIX and it will open up the menu.

From here, all you need to do is adjust the curve inside of the menu so that your steering servo operates within its limits. The P.MIX function is actually the perfect function to mix this because you can mix different endpoints for your steering servo separate of your rudder servo. You will need to assign a switch to activate the P.MIX. Since you stated this is a retract function, maybe mix it to the same switch as your retracts? This way you can actually deactivate the steering servo when retracts are up, and reactivate it when the retracts come down.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by don olsen
I hate spray cans
United States, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Jul 2007
1,296 Posts
Thanx I will give that a go
don olsen is offline Find More Posts by don olsen