Apr 16, 2011, 07:42 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer
i dont want to mislead anybody....This particular flight was not controlled FPV. Ken was flying the plane LOS and i had the camera poked into the box to record the flight (and to tell him where to go to get me some good terrain data for study.)....was a big breeze, but he did good with the flapping slow stick. cant record without cannon, dont have camcorder yet...
making great progress! Keep it up.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2011, 09:20 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !

Stryker video...get the popcorn !

Here it is, kind of trying to find out how the flying envelope feels in FPV. Very stable and very fast on the controls although I had 25 % expo. Flies like I tought it would. Couldn't bring it as low as I wanted and the "feel" of speed is a little deceiving, but it was so windy that when headwind it was feeling slow.

There is no vibration on the plane but the wind made it wobble a bit in flight. This is particularly seen with the flycam but a lot less with the FPV cam. The last maneuver made me feel a bit dizzy for a second, can't wait to try more of that... Hope you like it, cause there will be many more

Stryker first FPV flights (4 min 54 sec)
Apr 16, 2011, 09:32 PM

Stryker video...get the popcorn !

great flybys........ in the wind yet!!!....
Apr 16, 2011, 09:38 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer
great flybys........ in the wind yet!!!....
Thanks ! The wind was quite heavy and gusty ! That is what makes the Stryker "woble", but it is a very good flyer in the wind. This airframe has a large envelope, can glide or race, can land like a heli if you pull it almost full up and keep air going under the wings. Its a keeper !

BTW, keep the videos coming. Even if you are just making tests and getting familiar with the field, it is fun to watch. The haier is fine, you can frame it with your canon so we don't see the edges of the Haier if you want, but the picture was fine. It is fun to see a new field !
Apr 16, 2011, 10:40 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Nice job Carguy, way to ride out the "tripod incident". 8^)

Has to be way different than the glider.
Last edited by Art Newland; Apr 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:53 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
The weather here never really turned as good as it was supposed to but I did run down to the field and put a flight on my foamy 109 with the 2.4G gear on it. RC link felt rock solid, this is a fairly small plane so hard to get it very far away and still be able to see it. I'm really thinking I need to put some FPV gear on it and hot rod it around! In the spirit of video watching, I threw the keychain camera on it, so some turnin' and burnin' low flyin" video is on the way!
Apr 16, 2011, 10:55 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Carguy! What was all the brown stuff in between the white stuff? Couldn't be dirt could it? 8^)
Apr 16, 2011, 10:55 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Nice job Carguy, way to ride out the "tripod incident". 8^)

Has to be way different than the glider.
Thanks ! I was surprised to have picture but glad the connector on the goggles hold up.

I think I'm gonna get a keychain 720p for recording instead of the gopro: Lighter AND cheaper... on the video tread one guy installed another lens on it, good results for a 40 $ cam.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Thanks ! I was surprised to have picture but glad the connector on the goggles hold up.

I think I'm gonna get a keychain 720p for recording instead of the gopro: Lighter AND cheaper... on the video tread one guy installed another lens on it, good results for a 40 $ cam.
I've been thinking the same thing. I'd really like to have something that takes nice video before I head up north.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Where are going to buy from?
Apr 16, 2011, 10:59 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Carguy! What was all the brown stuff in between the white stuff? Couldn't be dirt could it? 8^)
Ah man, now that you say it, you're right ! It is dirt ! Even some grass patches, and I tought the goggles lens was dirty... If you look at my new avatar, you'll see that there is some grass here in the summer...when we have one
Apr 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Where are going to buy from?
Madmike posted a link on the video tread, let me find it...I'll be back in a jiffy !

EDIT: here you are

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2124
Apr 16, 2011, 11:01 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
109 2.4G flight test (10 min 40 sec)
Last edited by Art Newland; Apr 16, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
Apr 16, 2011, 11:05 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Link doesn't work...never saw what it brings too...youtube twilight zone maybe ?
Apr 16, 2011, 11:09 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Link doesn't work...never saw what it brings too...youtube twilight zone maybe ?
Weird , didn't embed it either, I'll investigate.

Quick Reply