New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2015, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by s_mack
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,348 Posts
Discussion
What POPULAR radios are out there that don't have backlight?

Hi,

I don't venture out of the FlySky 9X section much . My name is Steven, I run SmartieParts, and I'm developing a new part for the 9X, which is going to include an RGB LED backlight. I have to get that backlight custom made.

It got me wondering... are there any other popular radios out there that don't have backlights, that people would like backlights, and for which there's room to insert one between the LCD glass and whatever is behind it (presumably a circuit board)?

The backlight I'm creating probably won't work, since the RGB driver needs to be controlled in some fashion, but the factory that makes these can do pretty much any dimension someone might want, in any color.

So say the JFutektrumR Whatchamacalit could use a 28 x 77 x 1.4mm backlight... we can do that.

But not one-offs. It has to be a popular set where there's consistent calls by owners to get a backlight because there's high minimum orders when you get things like this custom made.

I've got the experience, etc... I just don't have any clue about any radio at all besides my beloved 9x.

Cheers.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,536 Posts
They are not popular these days if they don't already have it....
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 28, 2015, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by s_mack
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,348 Posts
Oh, that's not true

The 9x is still wildly popular and it never had it. And I know there are at least a couple others because I've run across threads regarding the 9x backlight mods asking "will this fit on my XXX??". Here's an example thread with the DX6i and DX7
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jun 28, 2015, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,536 Posts
Sorry, by popular I assumed "new" as well.

Yes the DX6i is extremely popular and many are often asking about backlight kits for it.

My bad.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip