Old Jan 24, 2015, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by Salin
Heath
Appleton, Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2002
117 Posts
Discussion
Kings Daughters Charity Event

I was contacted by the Kings Daughters Charity. They are having a fundraiser Sat May 16th at Peirce park in Appleton from 10am until 2pm. The proceeds will benefit area boys and girls clubs and scouts. The theme of the fundraiser is Things That Go. They have rented out the entire park for the day. They will have a bunch of fire trucks, ambulances, delivery trucks for kids to tour. They are interested in having us come out and be part of their event. I think this would be a good opportunity to promote the club.

My thoughts are that we could set up a static display and information table for sure. They would like to see us do some demonstration flying as well. We may be able to do some electric flying with quads and small park flyers. Peirce Park has lots of very tall trees so the best flight area would be the size of a ball diamond with tall trees around it. Unless we were to fly over the river?

Let me know what you think about demo flights and if you would be interested in participating. Depending on the level of interest I will let them know what we are interested in doing.

http://kingsdaughterswi.weebly.com/
Salin is online now Find More Posts by Salin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2015, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by tr miller
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
603 Posts
Im in
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2015, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by timflight1
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
663 Posts
I think I'm in!
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Old May 21, 2015, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by timflight1
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
663 Posts
This event is in the books! Long day with probably close to 2,000 in attendance. Not sure how it will translate into new memberships but we did take the opportunity to hand out VAM club business cards and AMA information. All-in-all a fun event. Recipients of our club cards could show up at one of our flying sites so please welcome them and take an opportunity to promote the club!

PS: For some of the long-time members Lee Rozek's daughter did stop by our booth and introduce herself.
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1