New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2015, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by yamar6
Joined Aug 2005
631 Posts
Question
need dirt bike

I need a good dirt bike who makes one.I had the ricky bike now want to buy a better one
yamar6 is online now Find More Posts by yamar6
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2015, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by Nitrofume
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Check this site out www.armodelling.com.they seem to have the best dirt bikes.
Or if you can find a atomik mm450 they are good to.
Nitrofume is offline Find More Posts by Nitrofume
Old Jan 06, 2015, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by dr.bjm
san diego CA
Joined Feb 2004
417 Posts
I sent you a PM
dr.bjm is offline Find More Posts by dr.bjm
Old Jan 07, 2015, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by chktm
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
3,094 Posts
The MM450 is a great dirt bike however there's quite a few parts running out of stock and they aren't making any more so I'd be wary of buying one.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
Old Jan 07, 2015, 04:01 AM
Find More Posts by Syncro
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
693 Posts
ARX has its quirks but it's a great bike.
Now the mm450 is no more I'd say it's the best choice.

Other than that at the cheaper end there's the Anderson M5.
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Jan 07, 2015, 05:17 AM
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,859 Posts
Phantom or SR4 is better than the ARX, the ARX has always had egyro's that fail when used regularly & don't work that well on dusty slippery dirt & the parts are way too expensive just giving my honest opinion.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 07, 2015, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by Syncro
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
693 Posts
Fair comment TJ.
I just like the fact that you can get the parts
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Jan 07, 2015, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by Helicoy
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
389 Posts
Skyrc sr4
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Jan 08, 2015, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncro View Post
Fair comment TJ.
I just like the fact that you can get the parts
Yea Syncro i'm just over the ARX & have given up on it & couldn't recommend them, i used to think they were good but after paying a lot of money for it & owning it for 5 years i think i had fun with it once when running on 3s & as you know i had to run the egyro on 3S to get it to work to the standard of the MM & Phantom gyro's & it failed, it was almost new with very little runs on it & at $160 a gyro it's too much, & if you look back at how many times they have changed the design because of failures it's not good, they need to stop trying to be different & just make them simple like the MM & Phantom gyro's that work.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 11, 2015, 04:54 PM
Joined Aug 2005
631 Posts
I look at the Sr4
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:04 AM
Joined Aug 2005
631 Posts
I'm going to get the sr4 bike.should I order new forks and build them my self.I'm reading there hard to get apart and don't work that good
Old Jan 13, 2015, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by King of the hill
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Australia, NSW, Royal National Park
Joined Sep 2013
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
I'm going to get the sr4 bike.should I order new forks and build them my self.I'm reading there hard to get apart and don't work that good
The forks are easy to disassemble - too easy ( My forks vibrated apart on the 2nd run when I first got it )- It will help to use plenty of Loctite on the fork internals before you run it for the first time . It's the design that is the problem . In stock trim the SR4's forks are too stiff ( springs too stiff / oil too thick / piston holes too small ) so the piston shaft takes a hammering and breaks too often . Some SR4 users here in this thread have modified their stock forks to get more reliability . SKYRC brought out a improved v2 fork kit as well ( I haven't used this myself as I run Atomik forks ) . I recommend running/ buying ARX 's or Phantom's as a reliable / back up set of forks - these are spring only forks ( not oil dampened ) but run better than the stock SR4's because their softer and soak up bumps and jumps better and shouldn't break after a high speed roll over . No matter what 1/4 RC dirt bike you purchase in this world - all of them need some modifications and top regular maintenance to run properly and reliably . The SR4 best points are it's fast 3 cell top speed / bullet proof chassis / reliable electrics / gyro / strong quality material spare parts / easy to obtain - plentiful spare parts . I've only ever heard of one story of a SR4's gyro failing and I know that owner used to abuse the heck out of it . I've jumped / crashed my bike off many 20ft jumps - rear wheel and gyro is still smooth and no vibrations - although my suspension is not stock and I wouldn't recommend any stock SR4 to do large jumps . The bike is best suited to flat tracking = park / grass oval bashing and hardpack / loose dirt / gravel power sliding .
King of the hill is offline Find More Posts by King of the hill
Last edited by King of the hill; Jan 13, 2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 08:01 PM
Joined Aug 2005
631 Posts
Do u know if the bike I order has the v2 forks on it already.I just don't want to spend another 100.00 dollars on venom forks
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by King of the hill
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Australia, NSW, Royal National Park
Joined Sep 2013
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
Do u know if the bike I order has the v2 forks on it already.I just don't want to spend another 100.00 dollars on venom forks
I'm pretty sure all production bikes have the original forks , also make sure you not paying too much for the bike. $380 delivered is what " Bang good .com are charging and I think this is the cheapest out there . Some cost $350 but then charge another $100 for delivery . Complete Phantom fork sets can be purchased for $16 ! ARX forks are about $100 making Atomiks a bargain in comparison . To run the Atomiks you will also need to bore out the triples clamps because they have larger dia. tubes 17mm and also trim the length and re tap the sliders to take the SR4 lower wheel clamps - where as the Phantoms will drop straight in 16.2 mm - same as the stock SR4 tubes . I will be trying to make a SR4 fork upgrade kit to repair / improve the stock forks in the near future - but if there is no interest in people wanting / needing the kit - I won't bother making them in quantities - It'll be for me and my customer bikes only - I would have to test them thoroughly and if they don't give true reliability - I will only ever recommend Atomiks / Phantoms or ARX's . I believe if you are receiving a " LOSI " or " KYOSHO " quality superior product - then you have to expect to pay " LOSI " dollars ! . The Phantom bike - once modified ( just as the SR4 ) seems to be a good option too , I would study "Throttle Junkies" thread on modifying this bike and then my thread on the SR4 - which ever thread you find the easiest to do the mods or suit your skills or purchase the upgrades - is the bike you should ultimately choose . Once you've experienced any RCDB doing a 30 mph power sliding wheelie with a 6ft roost - you be converted forever
King of the hill is offline Find More Posts by King of the hill
Last edited by King of the hill; Jan 14, 2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 08:14 AM
Joined Aug 2005
631 Posts
I like the sr4 cause the adjustable gyro.who sells the phantom 400 I look at that one to
Last edited by yamar6; Jan 14, 2015 at 08:21 AM.