SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2015, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by Dukejet
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Aug 2012
612 Posts
Hahahahah!!!With a sense of humour like that, I'd love to have a beer with you mate!
Happy landings
Dukejet is offline Find More Posts by Dukejet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Woooody
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
400 Posts
Extra spars..

Anyway, took the opportunity to beef up the wing spar whilst refitting the wing.

2 extra carbon-fibre ones

Sliced through the fuselage and cut channels in the wings, Cyanoed in, then epoxy, then filler....square loops are now on the menu
Woooody is online now Find More Posts by Woooody
Old Jul 05, 2015, 03:26 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet View Post
Hahahahah!!!With a sense of humour like that, I'd love to have a beer with you mate!
Happy landings

Anytime my friend
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,288 Posts
Nailed It....

Hello All,
I love when number crunching works out. I received my Leopard 2826 1820KV motor this morning and soldered everything up at lunch. Using the 6X5.5 APC prop and a fresh off the charger Hyperion 1300mah 25C pack I am getting just over 20 Amps and 230 watts......right where I was shooting for and I should also have plenty of over head if I prop down and want to run 4S packs. My tach needs a new battery so I did not get any RPM readings.

She should fly in the next couple days.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by dahawk47
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
3,079 Posts
LJH,
Sounds like a hot setup. I still fly mine with the stock motor but with a 40 amp esc and 4S. As fast as my Rare Bear. Haven't burned up anything yet. Probably my favorite of the bunch I have.
-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
LJH,
Sounds like a hot setup. I still fly mine with the stock motor but with a 40 amp esc and 4S. As fast as my Rare Bear. Haven't burned up anything yet. Probably my favorite of the bunch I have.
-Hawk
Hawk,
Good to hear, I love the way the PC-21 looks so I am hoping it flies well.

I am psyched about the motor. I really wanted something that would not tax my 1300mah packs that I wanted to use but still provide a bit more static thrust than a 5" prop would produce while still producing a decent pitch speed. The motor also seems to be pretty well built, the windings are a lot cleaner looking than the Suppo motors I have and they supposedly use Japanese bearings. Fingers crossed that it works as well in the air as the numbers show.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Today, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by dahawk47
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
3,079 Posts
Only two recs on the PC-21. Check that the H-stab is not warped. Mine was severely warped and had to hand massage it back into shape. Looked like the habit from the "Flying Nun" -LOL

The second thing is to double check CG. I place my 1600-1800 lipos on the downward slope towards the aft of the fuse. A lot further back than I had expected.

I routinely use a 6x4. She's a screamer.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Today, 11:27 AM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Only two recs on the PC-21. Check that the H-stab is not warped. Mine was severely warped and had to hand massage it back into shape. Looked like the habit from the "Flying Nun" -LOL

The second thing is to double check CG. I place my 1600-1800 lipos on the downward slope towards the aft of the fuse. A lot further back than I had expected.

I routinely use a 6x4. She's a screamer.

-Hawk
Hawk,
Copy that, my stab was a bit warped but not as much as it looks in some of the pictures I have seen, that is all sorted. I found the manual for the Robbe version and IIRC it showed the CG at 60MM aft of the leading edge of the wing root. I will see how she balances out with the 10 gram lighter motor and small packs.

Thanks for the intel.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Today, 02:50 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
400 Posts
Gunning for 140....

..Got my shiny new NTM 3000KV motor fitted to the 'bear

I'm limited to a 4.5 X 4.5 prop but it'll still put out over 750 watts on 4S.

In order to get the most out of the prop I've extended the nose slightly (cut down 2 litre milk bottle) and given it more taper- as you can see, most of the prop extends beyond the cowl so should be efficient.

Sounds crazy with that prop on 4S