New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2015, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Bgodard
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
Discussion
control board

bought one pre built off of ebay haven't had it long board went out the guy who built it said send it to him he would put new board in thought it best at my level of exp to let him do it so it came back and first I couldn't get it to arm had to adjust the transmitter settings got it to arm but when I took off it just wobbled around a lot and the flipped over my next step is to re program the board just wanted to check and see if there is something else causing it its a kk2 board and its the black darter from ebay I don't recommend it it was supposed to be programmed b4 he sent it charged me was too much for the work and im thinking he didn't program it at all
Bgodard is online now Find More Posts by Bgodard
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2015, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by reelflyt
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
953 Posts
HI.

Is it the KK 2.0 or the KK 2.1 or the KK 2.1.5 board ?
You can go into the PI editor and adjust the settings . It is not that hard . Go to YouTube and do a search for " setting up the KK 2.1.5 or what ever board you have and you will be surprised how easy it is to set up your board .
reelflyt is offline Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Apr 18, 2015, 06:31 PM
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
thank you for the information its a 1.5 and I have been reading and learning what I can and my thought was the pi gains I just don't understand them so its kinda intimidating but I was thinking of turning them down they are at like 100 and 50 ill post back when I get it figured was thinking of recalibrating the escs next.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 08:11 PM
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
ok so I have a much better understanding of the pi settings and what they do so I played around with them a little at first then tried some more extreme no better just wobbles around and flips over so I tried recalibrating the esc's no change the board says all sensors are working I put it on lvl surface recalibrated that I don't even know where to go from here help I want to fly tomorrow lol
Old Apr 18, 2015, 09:30 PM
reelflyt
Joined Mar 2010
953 Posts
Hi Again .

To start tuning you have to realize there are P - Gain , and P - Limit , I - Gain , and I - Limit .
To start turn the I - Gain to 0 , and I limit to 0
Leave the P limit at 100
Turn P - Gain to 80 .
Fly the quad and see how it flies. If it is oscillating fast then lower the P gain 10 points and fly again . Keep this up until it stops oscillating .
Now set the I - Gain to 10 and the Limit to 30 .
Raise the I gain by 10 until it flies even smoother .
To set the "self Level" watch this video

KK2 Autolevel Tuning and Explanation (3 min 13 sec)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
ok that sounds like a much more scientific way then the way I was playing with those numbers lol very informative I bought this one pre-built figured I could learn things from it before I built my own and it seems to be working im gonna run through it again just like you said and its funny that video I watched it about an hour ago lol one of the most informative ones I had seen he really breaks it down into terms an idiot like me can understand thank you soo much im enjoying this hobby a lot and with people like you willing to help out just makes it that much better ill post update after I try that out
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
not sure what im doing wrong got the p gain all the way down to 0 still wobbling around and flipping over gpt the I gain up over 100 no change haven't given up yet
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:25 AM
reelflyt
Joined Mar 2010
953 Posts
Hi Again .

You have the P Gain way to low . I gain should be somewhere between 20 and 50 for most quads . Try setting the P gain at 80 again , and the P limit at 50 . Try flying it again and see how it goes .
If it is flying with very fast oscillations then lower the P gain . If not then raise the P gain until it starts to oscillate , then back off 5 or 10 points to stop it .
A very slow oscillation means the P gain is right but the I Gain is to high . So drop the I Gain till it stops .
There must always be P gain . You must always have some P gain . This should be about 50 or more .
Once you have the quad is flying in Acro or Standard mode set it to " Self Level " mode and adjust that in the Self level settings .
Hope this helps
Old Apr 21, 2015, 07:48 PM
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
I think I almost got it still having issues but making progress and learning, what I was doing wrong was I wasn't setting my I gain to 0 and I had it on auto level so now that I know to do them all separately im seeing results thank you again .....once I get this thing flying right im starting my first build didn't get a kit went with the pieces I wanted from different places but I might have made a mistake I went with the cc3d cleanflight no lcd screen should be interesting I really dig the sceen on the kk2 got to be huge pain to tune one without it
Old Apr 21, 2015, 08:06 PM
reelflyt
Joined Mar 2010
953 Posts
Hi .

Good to see that you are doing well with your settings . I have 2 Naze 32 boards which are similar to the CC3D with cleanflight . Yes it is a pain to set up with a laptop or computer . Go on YouTube and look up " Painless 360" . He has the best videos on setting up Cleanflight firmware on the Naze 32 and CC3D .
Good Luck

Gordon