New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2015, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by EvilGaming
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Jan 2015
81 Posts
I use the zippy compact 850's they are very nice i bought 6 of them they fit the battery tray but i removed the tray and use a Velcro strap because it's easier to swap batteries

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=58533
EvilGaming is online now Find More Posts by EvilGaming
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by rockflys
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Feb 2014
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
After finally buying all the parts and assembling them into the basic form of a quad, I am retiring my V262 as the platform of choice for my Mobius camera. This kit that I'm referring to is the Tarot 250, I documented my build in my blog so feel free to take a look.

Was it cheap? No, not compared to the V262. My total cost was $171.68 and that doesn't include the cost of the Mobius camera (because I already owned it).

Was it fun? Heck yeah. Building a quad from scratch is a lot of fun!

Was it hard? I suppose that depends on what your starting skills are. If you struggle to make a good solder connection or can't keep your solder from splashing over into neighboring territory then this is probably not an option for you. If you can't download and install a program and then follow directions (YouTube Video), then programming an Open Pilot CC3D controller probably isn't your cup of tea.

If you can solder and follow directions then this is definitely within your capability.

Was it worth it? You betcha!

This thing will fly circles around the V262, but given the difference in cost that should not be a surprise. What I was aiming for was a rock solid Mobius platform (that still remains to be seen BTW) and something durable that I can fly time after time without worrying about parts failure. That also has yet to be determined if I have achieved this goal.

So now I start flying this baby and see if I have any problems. I don't sport fly so I haven't crashed a quad in the last 100 flights or more. Then again most quad pilots would laugh at my feeble piloting. When your goal is to get a camera in a certain position to take a picture of the area or sunset you don't need mad piloting skills.

Nice build. Ive been checking out Mobius mounts for my Discovery. You may have given me a lead to a winner. I'm assuming you velcroed your Mobius to the mount for easy removal?
rockflys is online now Find More Posts by rockflys
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by SacRotor
Pete R
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
13 Posts
My Ominus FPV camera lost its bird temporarily due to parts unavailablity. Gee that plug on my QX777/V262 looks identical...yep it works, now for those not in the know the FPV camera Wifi's to my smart phone so all I need is power and a little velcro to mount it. The phone works the camera start stop and pics. I know the V262 is 2S and the Ominus is only 1S but the camera doesn't seem to mind, it works as well on the V262 as on the Ominus. Note the camera has a rolling shutter apparently, it woks best at dusk, video Jello goes away in low light. I have rigged up a Neutral density filter (ND4) and eliminated Jello in bright light as well. Tower Hobby sells the Camera for $100. its very wide angle and includes the Wifi, they also sell a 10 pack of foam mounts that have double sided stickem tape, Ive added the velcro so I can move the camera between Quads. the V262 doesn't work the camera so you need a smart phone and the free app FPVCam, the Vid is FLV format so I convert it using total video converter Lite, be sure your destination format is HD. It is quick and dirty, and it works.
SacRotor is offline Find More Posts by SacRotor