New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Ive had nothing but problems with my ar535. Even with setting factory defaults, it flies as though there is 2 pilots trying to fly it. Ive remove it, and put in a standard spectrum receiver. looking forward to normal flight handling.

I think yours was an AR635. I took mine out and fitted an AR636. I set this one up using an iPhone. And it can be adjusted in flight from yourTX. It has made the clumsy" 635 obsolete - an' perhaps discontinued :-)

Eric.
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,736 Posts
Wanted AR635

While I do agree the AR635 is a pain to adjust, I've had pretty good luck with setting them up in other planes and will take any of them people want to unload. Send me a message with what you have.

John
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Today, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
While I do agree the AR635 is a pain to adjust, I've had pretty good luck with setting them up in other planes and will take any of them people want to unload. Send me a message with what you have.

John
I have had a visionaire for two years. It has a 635 rx in it.

Do you want to know the key to making it work flawlessly?

Dont mess with it. I have never adjusted it or changed any settings. It's been flwless.

I never wanted to know how to mess with it anyways. Seems silly

Honestly I would put a regular rx in there if I had one.

I just bought a splendor, I am guessing it has the old 635 in it. I might put one of my Aurora 9 rx's in it. I dont get all the as3X.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Today, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,736 Posts
I have 2 BNFs (Splendor and Carbon Cub) with the 635 in them and have used take off 635 in three other planes they were not designed for. The Splendor I adjusted them because I don't do 3D with this plane and have configured it for pattern only. I switched to Sport mode, adjusted one switch position to have 0 gains and one to have a little less then stock. In the Cub I set to have a zero mode also and have decreased the gains a bit for my tastes. In the other planes I had to have a zero gain position until I could tweak the gains for the aircraft.

Nothing is required out of the box for any of these BNF planes, and it is what I advise all the time. My point is that if people don't like them I'll give them a good home in my son's and my hanger.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Today, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
I think yours was an AR635. I took mine out and fitted an AR636. I set this one up using an iPhone. And it can be adjusted in flight from yourTX. It has made the clumsy" 635 obsolete - an' perhaps discontinued :-)
Eric.

Stabilisation systems are a matter of personal taste. The AR635 works just fine as a DSMX (hopping) receiver whether you use the 3-axis stabilisation feature or not. I even used one in a Phantom quad with the 3x obviously turned off.

One of teh first things that I did to all of my AS3X micros was update receiver firmware so that I could turn it off, before or in a flight - and back on again with a TX switch. Then along came the much bigger AR635, so I dialed the 3-D gains out to emulate a switch-off option. After a while I went a bit further and made it a sport receiver like their BNF AR635 equipped Cub.

My only real complaint is trying to adjust it (635) in bright sunlight at the field, and of curse counting the flashes :-) . The main reason that I tend to promote the AR636, is not so much the adjustability through the iPhone App with a little cable, but the fact that it has three settings that you can put on a three position switch.

I set #0 to zeros, #1 to rate gain, and # 2 to rate and heading gain. It lets me tweak one axis at a time while flying from my TX. I set that axis to what worked best in the air, (say ailerons). Not too much and not too little, especially with heading gain. Then I do the elevator and so on. I soon have all three set the way I like them. No help, some help and a lot of help! It is almost like having "rates" for wind conditions. The ability to turn it/them off with a flick of a switch in flight is great when you go too far and get speed flutter etc.

Now do I need stabilisation and heading gain? not really! However, it does add another dimension to the hobby, which helps hold my interest after getting into controlled flight in the early '70s.

Last but not least, Horizon has a great series of detailed videos to show you how to use the AR636 coupled to your iPhone.

Eric.
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson