SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:15 AM
Find More Posts by mark622
Joined Sep 2014
69 Posts
Made yet another Axon lol. This one has turned out to be my favorite one so far, 60 inch span and 7 inch chord. I built this one to be a camera platform, right now just putting a cheapie keychain cam in it. I have yet to venture into FPV, but if I do it will probably be with this plane. I am flying it with 2 2200 3s batteries and the 2200kv motor Ed uses. Started off with a 6x4 prop, but with 2 batteries I wanted a bit more umph, so I tried a 6x5.5 apc prop and I am more than happy with it.

Here is a little vid I made flying it.

Flying My Scratch Built Foam Board Axon (9 min 14 sec)

EDIT: Added some picstures.
mark622 is offline Find More Posts by mark622
Last edited by mark622; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:31 AM
Find More Posts by mark622
Joined Sep 2014
69 Posts
Here's another lol. I posted some pics of this plane back in the winter, and if you have been following along with this thread some of you may remember some guy cutting his arm to hell with a prop, well that was me and this is the plane that did it. I was upgrading the motor to a Turnigy 3548 1100kv motor and a 11x8 prop, plugged the throttle by accident into aileron channel, when I turned radio off before unhooking battery the plane took off (without the wings) the bench and sliced my arm and side up. All wounds are healed and I have a couple of nice big scars on my arm as a reminder to not do that again lol.

I've had the plane out a few times and its had its share of crashes and some tweaks here and there, but now I think I've finally got it tuned into just how I want it. Not really a park flyer, but I had it at the park nonetheless, just kept it high and away from everything, so the vid is short and doesn't show much, but you can see it flies very nicely. I am calling it a big stick Lucky #7 lol.

Its a 45 inch long 3 inch tube with 60 inch wing span and 5 inch chord. Has a two piece alloy landing gear with big 3 inch wheels. And is ridiculously over powered with that 3548 1100kv motor and 11x8 prop. Running a 70 amp Turnigy Trust ESC and a 3000mah 3s battery. I rarely go over half throttle on this plane as with that motor and prop combo 70 amps may not quite be enough and the battery can only handle 60 amps safely (3000mah 20c). But as you can see half throttle on take off is more than enough to get this plane in the air lol.

Big Stick Foam Board Plane: Lucky #7 (1 min 49 sec)

EDIT: Added some pictures. Since these pics I have redone the landing gear and added the larger wheels. Also re did the firewall after some rough landings.
mark622 is offline Find More Posts by mark622
Last edited by mark622; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old Today, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by insomaniac45
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
713 Posts
you should call her "Lucky Strike"

glad your all healed up. as a rule, i now always hit the throttle hold switch on my Tx before plugging in my battery (the TH switch is set to 0% throttle)
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45