HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2013, 06:04 PM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Help!
Blue Sensor Station and C200

I am just putting together a new model and have decided to add some telemetry to measure voltage and current. To this end I have bought a HTS-SS blue combo pack. I have installed in the plane as per manual but I have a couple of problems

First off I have the C200 sensor to measure current but it does not seem to work. According to my watt meter at WOT my set up is pulling 60A but the C200 is only reading 2A ? I have attached a picture of the installation.

Also the blue light on the HTS-SS is blinking constantly. I have checked all the cables are installed correctly, and the voltage and temperatures are being reported correctly.

Any ideas on what is going on ? there is no explanation of the flashing light in the manual
MTheMadhatter is online now Find More Posts by MTheMadhatter
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheMadhatter View Post
I am just putting together a new model and have decided to add some telemetry to measure voltage and current. To this end I have bought a HTS-SS blue combo pack. I have installed in the plane as per manual but I have a couple of problems
First off I have the C200 sensor to measure current but it does not seem to work. According to my watt meter at WOT my set up is pulling 60A but the C200 is only reading 2A ? I have attached a picture of the installation.
Also the blue light on the HTS-SS is blinking constantly. I have checked all the cables are installed correctly, and the voltage and temperatures are being reported correctly.
Any ideas on what is going on ? there is no explanation of the flashing light in the manual
Did you adjust the value on the main menu?, refer detail and picture:
. Telemetry - HTS-SS Advance, HTS-SS BLUE & HTS-Volt plus HTS_C50 or HTS-C200 Amp Sensor attachment.

. Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC and/or HTS-SS Blue or HTS-SS Advance for EP Models.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ,
Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old May 21, 2013, 03:37 AM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Thanks, I have adjusted that setting using my HP22 and will test it as soon as I get the chance, So is the blinking blue light normal ?

Which manual is that sensor set up page taken from, I have been looking through the telemetry FAQ page on this site but can't seem to find it.
Old May 21, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I have adjusted that setting using my HP22 and will test it as soon as I get the chance,
So is the blinking blue light normal ?
Which manual is that sensor set up page taken from, I have been looking through the telemetry
FAQ page on this site but can't seem to find it
1. Please refer to attached jpg.
2. Picture is page 5 of the "HPP22-HTS-SSBLUE_HTS-Navi_Manual.pdf (515.7 KB,) attached to:
.Hitec RCD AFHSS Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & Pictorial User Guides.

Alan T.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:10 AM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Thanks for that

I have tested the telemetry again and we are half way there

On my laptop the HP-22 software now shows the correct number of amps drawn. However on the transmitter it still way off when one reads 60A the other is showing 12A. I have searched through the settings on my Aurora 9 but cant find anything ?
Old May 22, 2013, 06:33 AM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Forget that I found it ! shame that the sensor menu is not explained in the Aurora 9 manual

Thanks for your time and help
Old May 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Forget that I found it ! shame that the sensor menu is not explained in the Aurora 9 manual
Thanks for your time and help
Sensor add-ons and menu were not available at time A9 was first issued, therefore not in manual.
The A9 like many items today, has been subject to a good number of improvements, a number
of which were not even considered at time of issue;
. Manuals - Online rather than Printed

Reason for the existence of the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.