HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2014, 12:48 AM
Joined Jan 2014
11 Posts
Thanks Stone. I got the LEDs working. For the trimming, I still can't understand the nomenclatures in the manual. There are four trimming buttons, the upper left labeled speed trim, the upper right labeled forward and backward trim, the lower left labeled direction trim, and the lower right labeled crab trim. The only trim that I can understand is the forward and backward, the other three, I'm just guessing. What is the speed trim and the crab trim are for ? In the other part of the manual, they mention the rudder trim, elevator trim and aileron trim. What are they?

Well, I'll keep playing with it. It's really fustrated.

After read the manual again and again, now I figured it out. The upper left trim is throttle, lower left is rudder, upper right is elevator and lower right is aileron. Ha !

It's late now. I'll try to trim the quad tomorrow.
Gheliman is offline Find More Posts by Gheliman
Last edited by Gheliman; Feb 07, 2014 at 01:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2014, 12:33 PM
Autopilot no control
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2013
237 Posts
Quick way to visualize trim (for mode 2): Imagine hovering. Now, does it drift and you need to give stick input to make it hover in one spot? If so, you click the trim in the direction you have to move the corresponding sticks (or opposite direction of the drift). So if you have to pull back on the right stick to counter forward movement, you will click the upper-right l trim button down. If it is yawing without input, you use the lower-left trim in the reverse direction of the yaw.

Is this understandable? Before you mess with trims, make sure your quad is initializing on a level surface.
Highly Grounded is offline Find More Posts by Highly Grounded
Old Feb 07, 2014, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2014
11 Posts
Thanks for the help. I understand the physic but some how it doesn't work as it should.

Came home from work, I took the stupid thing out and started to mess with the trims. I struggled with it for more than an hour, could not stabilize it.

Fustrated, I then took the quad to the RC Shop near home and asked for help. Amazingly, it took the guy in the shop less than thirty second to make the quad hovering nicely.

He gave the quad 4 clicks up for the elevator and 3 clicks left for the aileron.

I am now a happy camper and start to learn how to fly this thing. Hopefully in the few week, I 'll be flying this quad like the youtube video.

Thanks again.
Gheliman is offline Find More Posts by Gheliman
Old Mar 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
Norway, Møre og Romsdal, Alesund
Joined Mar 2014
8 Posts
Can this thing bind to a Spektrum DX5e?
WhiteFlash is offline Find More Posts by WhiteFlash
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:44 PM
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2013
695 Posts
Nope.
EhnTeePee is online now Find More Posts by EhnTeePee
Old Mar 29, 2014, 07:23 PM
Joined Mar 2014
8 Posts
Damn. I just ordered a BNF one..
Old Mar 30, 2014, 02:07 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,766 Posts
I've just posted over on the FlySky T6 thread
"..I know the stock 911 and 912 TX's control so I believe that this TX (T6) will control the following
WLtoys V949, V929 RC Quadcopters, V911, V912, V913 4CH RC Helicopters, Symas X1 quad, Hero H911 iRocket. I know it will control the 911,912 and 949 as I have them..."
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Mar 30, 2014, 07:12 PM
Joined Mar 2014
8 Posts
Great. I will post again when i get mine.