HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Aug 2011
431 Posts
Question
ClearView - Spins and Flat Spins?

Sorry if this has been asked before - I'm jumping on RCG real fast during a work break.

I was trying to practice learning spins and flat spins in ClearView last night, but I just couldn't get them to spin well. I was trying it on the Twist models. I was also trying to get into Harriers and Hovers, and I wasn't sure if it was me, or if CV just doesn't model those flight characteristics very well.

Any thoughts? Are there any planes in CV that "3D" or "Thrust Vector" well? I was hoping to get a feel for them on the sim before trying on my 3DHS 47" SHP.

Thanks!
Rifraf is offline Find More Posts by Rifraf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,197 Posts
I've tried several of the 3d planes, about the only one I can get to act semi 3d is the Yak 55 electric.

I can't hover, I can't get them to harrier either. They all seem to want to stall and drop a wing. The Electric Extra 300 is really bad.

Nice RC 3D flying, on RC simulator called "Clearview" (2 min 31 sec)

Apparently it can be done.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Aug 2011
431 Posts
That's it exactly. I can only harrier for about 3 seconds, then it falls out to the side. I'll try the Yak.
Rifraf is offline Find More Posts by Rifraf