HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:09 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,509 Posts
Kiki at Starbuck's

he hits it with his beak, can "place-kick" it VERY accurately!
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined Nov 2009
62 Posts
Articulating

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if there are any articulating winged birds for sale? Something similar to the Festo Smartbird.
Dave
orthotech is offline Find More Posts by orthotech
Old Dec 05, 2013, 06:21 PM
Push
Joined Jan 2008
305 Posts
Contact Dr. Kazu, he sells some kits with articulated wings. I don't know who else sells birds like that so he may be your only choice...
XXXmags is online now Find More Posts by XXXmags
Old Feb 01, 2014, 08:22 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,509 Posts
wanna see ....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut999 View Post
Xlcrlee, could you be so kind as to post a video of your budgie flying around upside-down on his hang glider?

Preferably with a nicer ending, than the Bonney Gull!

S
videos finished and soon to be uploaded

*mostly videos of complete segments: Kiki getting on the hangglider or Flying Carpet or skateboard, flying/riding it around, landing/stopping, getting off and walking or flying to visit/kiss Marco + camera [he likes Marco, why these videos should be very nice!]
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Last edited by xlcrlee; Feb 12, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 03:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,087 Posts
I just pay pal bought this on their site www.mybionicbird.com . i look forward in getting it, the site did day it delivers in 5 days. Well I'm now in my 7th day waiting I sent many e mails to their service site asking about when they sent it out and what is the tracking number (as they send it priority mail) I haven't got one reply back and now wondering what is happening. There's no phone number to contact them with I've seen anyone have a number I can phone them on? My pay pal said they received the money and now I wait. I'll give them till next week and if I don't hear from them 'll get pay pal to cancel the order and get my money back for product not delivered. I expected a better service from them especially a reply back on my e mail.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:46 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
231 Posts
I have just got a new Avitron V2 , i don't seem to have any steering control of this bird when flying i have tried all the tail positions , looks like the wings have full movement and the tail moves from side to side , everything looks like its working as it should , i have tried cycling the battery a few times it feels like its got plenty of power , it don't seem to pull to one side or the other it just flaps its nuts off and goes where it wants the steering does nothing when its flying .

i have been flying helicopters and fixed wing most of my life but this is a new field to me is there a nak to flying / setting them up

thanks in advance

phil.
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Last edited by madphil; Feb 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 09:18 AM
Gus
Aloha (Beaverton), Oregon, United States
Joined Nov 2001
559 Posts
Phil,
You will need to add throttle in order to make the bird turn.
Gus...
Gus is online now Find More Posts by Gus
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:43 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
231 Posts
Thanks Gus i Think i am getting to grips with it now , got it flying straight it will turn with short steering imputs then back to centre stick ( holding full lock on steering the bird won't respond )
Don't think its sharp enough to fly indoors yet even with the tail raised ,

i would like to take this to my local indoor flying club , any tips to improve the control for indoor flying ?????????

thanks
phil.
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Old Feb 23, 2014, 01:55 PM
Gus
Aloha (Beaverton), Oregon, United States
Joined Nov 2001
559 Posts
Phil,
Just don't be afraid to give it plenty of throttle as you do your turns. Short stabs is good.
With plenty of throttle, it will turn pretty fast.
Gus...
Gus is online now Find More Posts by Gus
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:21 AM
momomo
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while momomo edits it.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:35 PM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
943 Posts
Hi,

Got my Avitron 2.0 from Online shop at http://www.mybionicbird.com/ about a week ago.

But it does not work for me. The wings just flapp a few times and then the bird goes dead.
Blue light in bird do not shine after this and it indicate the battery protection got active. The solution according to user manual is to charge the bird again on the transmitter. Problem is that the green LED on transmitter that should flash during charge just flash a few times and then goes steady green (= fully charged). So the battery is not empty according to this.

I suspect the battery is defective or maybe transmitter charge socket for the bird is not working.

According to the user manual it is a 1 cell LiPo 55 mAh battery in the bird.
I checked the voltage on the charge connector on the transmitter where You pace the bird to charge it. I get only 2,6 volt there so that can not be enough to charge a 1 cell LiPo.

I also measured voltage on the two metal lips on the birds charge connector when Power on the bird is on and got 3.2 volt.

Not sure what to do.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Mar 09, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:46 AM
Joined Jan 2009
943 Posts
I e-mailed support at contact@mybionicbird.com and they will send a new transmitter to me. I will report back if that solve the problem.

/Bo
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:46 PM
Joined Jan 2009
943 Posts
I got a new transmitter from mybionicbird but it did not help so I sent the second transmitter and bird body back and will get a new bird body.

/Bo
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
943 Posts
Got a new Avitron 2.0 bird body on warranty some weeks ago and now it works fine. Flies great.

/Bo